• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Guild system

DeletedUser

Back to the point.
I think right now Elvenar is a loner game.
I truly believe, that gilds and also interactive action in the gilds are what most people who play onlinegames are looking for.
There are thausend reasons, why gilds don't work, but there are also very well organized gilds, well working and functional.
Therefore I realy suggest for Elvenar, to set up Gilds with both, Human and Elfs combined, create some special quest with special treats only to manage as a gild.
And also something simulare to the GVG as know from FoE
As second thought, I don't think that it would be benefitial for the game, to allow scouting and action in the neighbarhood from gildmembers.

DeletedUser126

Its not even a loner game, its a singel player game. Most of the drm sp game have more community interactions than elvenar have right now.

DeletedUser443

Yes I also think this game needs urgently more connection between the players and a guild will help very well

DeletedUser580

There are a few things which always works and are always lots of fun:

Guild Map/City: in which the buildings maybe static. You can spend ressources, supply and gold to the guild and with that you can upgrade buildings with different effects. Over time the guild city/map evolve.

Quests: Pay XX Supplies for the quest to get a random gift (like we had in FoE)
or Pay 100 Supplies to get 1000 Gold .... next quest: pay 2000 Gold to get 250 Supplies and so on. (quests with increasing difficultly)

Guild Building in Player town: Only Guild Member can contribute to that building. That building will give the player some bonus. So the guild can push some players by focussing on their guild house. But you need to manage where, when and how much to spend. Maybe another bar next to knowledge bar OR just daily one point.

Military Co Op: A fighting map in which the guild can fight npcs. For every encounter you will have limit number of troups. Like: Only 100 Units for this fight ..... guild member then can send units to the guild army. Like player one send 30 Sword Dancer and 10 Archer ..... 60 Units left to start the fight. Only the guild leader or a member with a specific rank can fight. Guild Member can watch the fight afterwards!

Taxes! Functions and more! .... players love and hate taxes in games and guilds. Maybe a guild can setup a tax? If the guild set the tax to 10% ... the guild will automatically get 10% of every collected gold from houses and maybe a seperate tax for supplies. Therefore a good role management would be nice.

Roles! A leader can do everything, but there are also different roles .... the tax master can only change the tax .... the war chief can do the guild fights ..... the diplomat can only invite players, the constructor can only use ressources to increase buildings in the guild map/city

Ok these are a lot of things but I would totally getting super jealous if we can get things like that. :D

DeletedUser

Hello Khebeln,
Can you please developp "drm sp (game) ". My english is too bad to known the abreviations...
Lot of thanks.
Good day and goog game.

DeletedUser580

There are a few things which always works and are always lots of fun:

Guild Map/City: in which the buildings maybe static. You can spend ressources, supply and gold to the guild and with that you can upgrade buildings with different effects. Over time the guild city/map evolve.

Quests: Pay XX Supplies for the quest to get a random gift (like we had in FoE)
or Pay 100 Supplies to get 1000 Gold .... next quest: pay 2000 Gold to get 250 Supplies and so on. (quests with increasing difficultly)

Guild Building in Player town: Only Guild Member can contribute to that building. That building will give the player some bonus. So the guild can push some players by focussing on their guild house. But you need to manage where, when and how much to spend. Maybe another bar next to knowledge bar OR just daily one point.

Military Co Op: A fighting map in which the guild can fight npcs. For every encounter you will have limit number of troups. Like: Only 100 Units for this fight ..... guild member then can send units to the guild army. Like player one send 30 Sword Dancer and 10 Archer ..... 60 Units left to start the fight. Only the guild leader or a member with a specific rank can fight. Guild Member can watch the fight afterwards!

Taxes! Functions and more! .... players love and hate taxes in games and guilds. Maybe a guild can setup a tax? If the guild set the tax to 10% ... the guild will automatically get 10% of every collected gold from houses and maybe a seperate tax for supplies. Therefore a good role management would be nice.

Roles! A leader can do everything, but there are also different roles .... the tax master can only change the tax .... the war chief can do the guild fights ..... the diplomat can only invite players, the constructor can only use ressources to increase buildings in the guild map/city

Ok these are a lot of things but I would totally getting super jealous if we can get things like that. :D

No one answered to this. What do you guys think? I love these ideas and I want to push thema little bit. :p

Summary:

- Roles for guild members
- Tax System for the guild
- Guild City (Maybe the legendary buildings here? And players can push them ... tax system to get ressources)
- Military Co Op (Members spend troops to the guild and with these the guild can do quests or what ever)

DeletedUser252

I like the idea of mixed guilds (human and elf) working together and perhaps battling an NPC Boss.
Did it years ago in WoW and loved it.
Little problem is maybe the difference in time between f.i. Australia, Europa, USA (East and West) :(

DeletedUser

I personally want to have a guild system... but something with a larger target for all members in the background.
- a new large monument
- epic battles against other players
- better possibility to help each other
- own communication
- interesting things to experience a new game feeling
.... and so on

A guild without a own sense is in my eyes not enough to put the players together. If the games goes to from time to time... the personal things and social aspects get more and more imported. You must feel something together with your new friends :) and you never leave the game.

DeletedUser580

As I always mentioned. Maybe a special building in the player city. Everyone has one and only the guild can increase that building via guild points? :)

DeletedUser43

A lot of players would like to see a guild system / alliance system. As my collegue AmySteele has said on January 22 in this thread (click):
Yes, an 'alliance' type system is planned. In fact work is already in progress on this :)

In this thread, we could gather some more information about what a guild should have and should be able to do and forward that as well. A question to all readers: what feature shouldn't be lacking in a guild system? (For example: a guild should have his own purpose and goals, like Denali said.)

DeletedUser580

Within all the things I ll mention in the following, the interaction and the tactic for a guild will increase dramatically. :)

Trading
:
The Leader or a special role (Merchant) can set a ratio for trading within the guild. Like: only 1:1 is possible. And a filter like in FoE in which you can only show guild trades. By trading with a guild, the trade range is irrelevant.

Role: Merchant/Leader

Special Building in Player City:
Maybe the guild can choose a Guild Building out of 10 different styles ...(like guild banners or what ever) and then every member of the guild can place that building. The building can be upgraded via guild points. Like FoE legendary buildings.

Level 1: You will have +1 random T1 Good (10 Guild Points)
Level 2: +200 Supplies /+1 random T1 Good (20 Guild Points)
Level 3: +1% more gold via collecting/ +200 Supplies /+1 random T1 Good (40 Guild Points)
Level 4: ...... and so on

Can be collected daily once. Buffs are permanently.

When leaving a guild, your building will get destroyed. ---> no guild hopping

Guild Points can be earned by
- send troops to the guild
- send ressources to the guild (including taxes)
- by increasing special buildings on the guild city
- by increasing the members in the guild
- by doing daily guild quests in which you have to fight or spend ressources

The guild than have to decide which player should get what. If you are an active player and support the guild well, the guild leader will give you more points than others. If you want to have peace in the guild, you might need to set up a tactic for spending the points when and to who.

Role: Advisor/Leader

Special Guild City:
A map on which are 5 - 10 not moveable buildings are. These buildings can be upgraded with ressources from members. Buildings change the skin after upgrading .... map gets more buildings which are just optical --> evolve from village to big city

Like: Every 10 upgrades, does not matter which building, the city get one more building which make the city look nicer but also increase the maximum amount of player which can join the guild.

Buildings: All buildings can be upgraded ... so the effect will upgrade too

Main Hall: Every building in the city can only have the level of the main hall! No other function
Armory: Extra training squad +1
Bank: +1% Gold when collecting money from houses (every level +1%)
Supply Manufactory: +1% Supply every level upgrade
Tavern: +2 Random Soldiers for every player (only soldiers which were already researched)
Alchemist: +10 Random Good for every player (only researched goods)
Archive: +1 Knowledge Point for every member (if the Leader/Constructor collect the Knowledge point of the archive, every member will get one ---> communication when is the best time to collect for every member)
Tactic Office: +1% Dmg for all Soldiers on the battlefield
Hospital: +1% HP for all Soldiers on the battlefield
Treasury: Building in which the leader/Tax collector can set up the taxes (no upgrades) // Players can spend ressources to the guild
Trade Post: Building in which the merchant/leader can set up the trade ration (no upgrades)
Barracks: Building in which the War Chief can set up a recruitment number. Like: 1 ..... if members train units, one soldier will go directly to the guild army. Note: The function with which you can choose how much to train should be deleted. Most of us just produce the maximum of units per slot. // Players can send troops to the guild directly by clicking here.
Warehouse: Here you can set up a tax for goods.

Role: Constructor/Leader

Taxes:
Needed for upgrading buildings. If you set the tax for the guild to 10% .... 10% of the collected supplies/gold will go to the guild. Two different taxes .... one for gold and one for supply. You can also set up one for goods. Maybe choose between tax for t1 ... t2 and t3 ....Player can also spend ressources directly to the guild. ---> Treasury/Warehouse

Role: Tax collector/Leader

Recruitments:
The Guild can set up a recruitment number. From every trained troops, the specific amount will go directly to the guild army. If you set it to 4 .... four soldiers of each trained stack from the baracks will go directly to the guild. Player can also spend troops directly to the guild. ---> Barracks

Role: War Chief

Fighting within the guild
The leader/war chief can fight with the guild troops. After a fight you will get ressources for the guild. The map could be the same like it is for the players. Only the style of course. But you wont have players on that map. You have to scout as well. As you not get relics for finish a map, you will get guild points. --> see special building in player city

Players will have a log in which they can watch the guild fights. If the war chief/leader fighting bad --> blame them for wasting your troops. ^^

ok thats it for now. Its a little bit similar with the previous post but this time more detailed. :p I wanne have that so badly! All of it!

Elderflower

I play FOE and have not joined a guild because I don't fancy attacking other people. I have no problem with defence. Seen from outside the guilds seem to be mostly about fighting but if they were about cooperating to help or defend fellow members I'd be more than happy with the idea. I just don't care for aggression.

DeletedUser420

to suggest anything is completely pointless because we have absolutely no idea what this game is supposed to be. so until we see a roadmap or a list of major features (I'm not counting possible new eras) that would improve current gaming experience, I'm not suggesting anything. there are more than enough of awesome ideas already suggested, and I think that it would be fair to hear some feedback from devs.

at least when the guild trading is coming.....

DeletedUser

They ask for ideas, if someone comes with a good idea than the creators can get a better game. That is why the ideas and suggestions subforum is created.

DeletedUser580

Right. With our suggestions we can push the game in a direction we want it. I dont like pvp that much, thats why all my guild suggestions are in a way to interact with each other in a peaceful way. :D

DeletedUser252

I generaly like Thuncals idea, but I don't want to fight against other players. Not even as a guild.
That's what I like about this game.
So please let the fighting only take place between the guild troops and a NPC.
I suggest that those troops chance every new fight. You have to have other troops foor 1 boss and different troops for another boss.
The guild members can/must participate in the fight when they are abel or when they are needed. That's an active roll of everybody in the guild, not only for the war chief.
The role of the war chief is to coordinate the battles; to whom is the fight and what troops are needed, when do we fight, what are the costs, etc.

Interracial guilds would be cool, and that must be no problem since the fighting only takes place between the guilds and the NPC's

I very much like the idea of a guildbuilding in everybodys town.

[QUOTE="Lauwi, post: 6534, member: 43"

A question to all readers: what feature shouldn't be lacking in a guild system? /QUOTE]

What shouldn't be lacking in a guild system for me is:
* guildchat
* possibility to help guildmembers
* guild benefits in trading

DeletedUser580

Interracial guilds is a must have or else the game might have a balancing problem. Its better to just let us mix around. :)