• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Guild system

DeletedUser

Hello Magicwoman,
In which world do you paly on FOE : perhaps we can be friends.
I play on Arvahall, Dinegu, Noarsil and Ordhovar and you ?
My pseudo is the same on FOE.
Good day and good game (here and on FOE !).

DeletedUser

[Summary] - Summarize your idea in one or two sentences.

The guild system needs bring deeper gameplay to the world map.

[Details] - Clarify your idea by explaining the specifics.

I'll list some options, but just as people say they want a purpose for guilds, I think the map needs more strategic purpose... maybe the two can be accomplished all at once.

Before getting into specifics, I'd like to warn against a particular type of guild: a guild made up of players rank 1 to N simply for the purpose of 1:1 trades. They might not even know where their guildmates are in the world, but they get to trade 1:1 with them. Please don't let this be a feature of guilds. If you want this implemented, let it happen through a friends list.

(1) Inactives become NPC control points that can be captured by guild members on behalf of their guild for various guild-wide bonuses
(2) Boss battles as daily quests at hex vertices (the point where three provinces touch). Guildmates can co-op here provided they have "discovered the vertex." Members work individually in a minion stage corresponding to map from the province they have discovered. All players with a remaining army move on to a co-op battle on a large map. Terrain features and enemies can be related to any of the 3 surrounding provinces.
(3) Unused relics can be donated to the guild for some reward/help to guildmates. Perhaps like neighborly help: donated relics boost production for X hours and are then consumed. Or relics go in some storage area and guild-wide production bonuses are unlocked at certain thresholds.
(4) Army attack bonus in provinces discovered by guildmates/guild territory (see below).
(5) Guild members' discovered provinces merge to define a guild territory. Overlapping areas have boundaries determined by a "pressure" related to the strength of the player generating that part of the guild territory.
(6) Political overlay... because what are maps for if not to instigate turf wars?
(7) Many provinces get grouped into countries. When guild territories occupy 2/3 of a country's provinces the guild gains access to special resources...

etc.

[Reasons for implementing] - Explain why this idea should be implemented.

As is, the world environment is very stale. By endgame, you only care about relics from 1/3 (or less before endgame) of discovered provinces. Inactives... It's basically busywork that you slog through for more expansions... ring by ring. Minimal strategy.

[Impact on other game features] - Name all the game features that would be impacted by implementing this idea.

Increased entertainment value :)

DeletedUser580

@fangterror:
1. I wouldnt go for that. People will lose their city and that is never good. Better the inactive neighbar will be replaced by an active one. :)
2. This point came up really often. Would be nice to implement some sort of co op of course.
3. Unused relics donated to the guild might be good, but I wouldnt go for a boost of the members. As they then can have a 400% production or something. Well it could be time limited but I dont think this is the right way. Better would be a Relic Building. The guild can "feed" the Relic building with unused relics and the building will grow and bring a bonus.
4/5. I think the map is to huge to make it that way. Its a good idea but if you have lots of inactive players around you you feel like you miss a feature because you have no guild member overlap.
6. We already requested more numbers and stuff but it would be nice to have to option to change the view on the world map. Like ... show me the rank of all my neighbors, the research state and so on. I dont know.
7. Grouping to a country is a nice idea, but maybe without the guild aspect. As I said, the map is huge. We have thousands of citys .... its not sure if you have guild members close to you. This is not Tribal Wars. :)

DeletedUser

@fangterror:
1. I wouldnt go for that. People will lose their city and that is never good. Better the inactive neighbar will be replaced by an active one. :)
2. This point came up really often. Would be nice to implement some sort of co op of course.
3. Unused relics donated to the guild might be good, but I wouldnt go for a boost of the members. As they then can have a 400% production or something. Well it could be time limited but I dont think this is the right way. Better would be a Relic Building. The guild can "feed" the Relic building with unused relics and the building will grow and bring a bonus.
4/5. I think the map is to huge to make it that way. Its a good idea but if you have lots of inactive players around you you feel like you miss a feature because you have no guild member overlap.
6. We already requested more numbers and stuff but it would be nice to have to option to change the view on the world map. Like ... show me the rank of all my neighbors, the research state and so on. I dont know.
7. Grouping to a country is a nice idea, but maybe without the guild aspect. As I said, the map is huge. We have thousands of citys .... its not sure if you have guild members close to you. This is not Tribal Wars. :)

1. Not sure how your suggestion means the inactive doesn't lose their city... where does their city go when it's "replaced?"

4,5,7. My point is guildmates should be close to one another. It's more realistic that way and forcing guilds to form from local communities gives the map more meaning/strategic value. Remember that the point of my post is not to see the specific examples implemented, they are merely examples. The real point is to find a way (I'm not picky about how ;)) to get more strategic gameplay from the map.

DeletedUser205

How wonderful would it be, after you spend weeks with mailconversation to build a sort of partnership with the one remaining active member in your neighborhood, if you or he/she would be moved to another place on the map :eek:
For me that would be a reason to quit the game at once.

DeletedUser43

This idea has been implemented with update 0.20:
With version 0.20, we will activate Fellowships on Beta.
Fellowships are player communities where people of similar playstyle or interests gather to make their everyday play experience easier and more fun. Fellowships grant a variety of benefits:
  • In the trader, you can see offers of your other Fellows and accept them without a fee.
  • You can give Neighborly Help to all your other Fellows.
  • You can use the new Circular Mail functionality in the message system, so you can quickly and easily communicate with your Fellows.
Screenshots of the feature can be found in this thread (click).

DeletedUser967

Yep Lauwi it's really good step for our future in Elvenar :)

DeletedUser

i agree with you, ulQuiorra: I didin't imagine that it'd have been so exciting with fellowship feature :eek::D