• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Guild system

DeletedUser580

@ddevil: Right now the races are pretty balance but I can tell you that players will figure out which race is slightly stronger if we go further on a path in which races fight each others. Everything i said was just for future aspects. ... by the way ... keep that LOL away. You totally take out the seriousness of your posts and it looks kind of dumb. I dont want to be offensive but your LOL s make your posts awkward.

@myselfandi: I see it as you see it. I prefer fighting the game together with others rather fighting other players. I hate end up as farm for other players. Thats why I avoid lots of games in which you will lose a lot. If we can have a PvP which is free and in which you have not that much risk, I am fine with it. In FoE it was fine for me. You could defend yourself and if you lose, people cannot destroy that much. Only loot one building. A good thing was that normally no one looted defeated players at all. :)

DeletedUser

@ddevil: Right now the races are pretty balance but I can tell you that players will figure out which race is slightly stronger if we go further on a path in which races fight each others. Everything i said was just for future aspects. ... by the way ... keep that LOL away. You totally take out the seriousness of your posts and it looks kind of dumb. I dont want to be offensive but your LOL s make your posts awkward.

But who said I was serious ... Maybe you did not read my complete reply before saying i was being serious and my LOL's was affecting that ....And I did LOL at the way you replied asking or in better words requesting me not separate the races because they are already separated in the game ...It may sound dumb to u but that doesn't mean I can't LOL in my replies ... I do laugh when and if i see some things i find funny even when I am being serious ;)

DeletedUser43

A lot of ideas have been discussed so far. Thanks for all your input! :) It is clear that the main reason for a guild is player interaction. The following is a summary of what has been said in this thread:

• Most players like interracial guilds: Humans and Elves should be in the same guild.
  • The guild members should have a "Discovered" relationship with respect to each other, so trading is possible without a trader's fee.
  • The guild should have a chat box.
  • The guild should have its own purpose, e.g. a dungeon with multiplayer NPC battles (leading to NPC bosses), a guild building (with an own guild style) and/or a guild city. Thuncal has given detailed descriptions of guild trading, a guild building in the player's city (with 'guild points', which can be earned by being active within the guild), a guild city and guild troops (which can be used to fight encounters and explore the map around the guild city).
  • Most players don't want to fight against other players. The PvP aspect of guilds could be handled the same way as the idea of the normal PvP: a voluntary PvP Arena. The fighting guilds could enter a competition to fight against other guilds (but they don't have to). Another way is Denali's guild barrack: if the guild builds a barrack in the guild city, the guild city could be attacked. If the guild doesn't build a barrack, the guild city couldn't be attacked.
  • The topic of the amount of players per guild has been slightly touched by PorfirioDiaz. He proposes an initial maximum of 5-10 in the beginning. This number could become higher when a guild hall (which would then be the player's access to all guild related content) is upgraded. The guild hall could be upgraded by using the donated coins, supplies and goods in the guild storage.

I will forward all those ideas. If there are any more guild-specific ideas, or if we shouldn't overlook some limitations of the ideas above, please let us know by posting in this thread. :)

DeletedUser

I'm just concerned, how guild trading could affect existing trading. I would assume, that most likely guilds would form creating good trading possibilities and it could become a 'must be in a guild' in terms of trading.

DeletedUser

• Most players like interracial guilds: Humans and Elves should be in the same guild.
Defeats the purpose of having 2 races in the game ... Choosing the race becomes for namesake only ...the game would just become like FOE and all the other games by Inno in the long run (just with different buildings & odd looking avatars in the same guild)...IMHO:(

• The guild members should have a "Discovered" relationship with respect to each other, so trading is possible without a trader's fee.
  • The guild should have its own purpose, e.g. a dungeon with multiplayer NPC battles (leading to NPC bosses), a guild building (with an own guild style) and/or a guild city. Thuncal has given detailed descriptions of guild trading, a guild building in the player's city (with 'guild points', which can be earned by being active within the guild), a guild city and guild troops (which can be used to fight encounters and explore the map around the guild city).
  • Most players don't want to fight against other players. The PvP aspect of guilds could be handled the same way as the idea of the normal PvP: a voluntary PvP Arena. The fighting guilds could enter a competition to fight against other guilds (but they don't have to). Another way is Denali's guild barrack: if the guild builds a barrack in the guild city, the guild city could be attacked. If the guild doesn't build a barrack, the guild city couldn't be attacked.

So does it mean that only players belonging to a guild can PvP ?? And If a player belongs to a guild that wants to PvP ( the guild builds the barracks and all that stuff mentioned in the ideas ) compulsorily has to be part of PvP / will get attacked by players of other PvP guild ? ... I think the fighting permission should be with the player's rather than with a guild as a whole ... Eg: I build barracks - I can fight and i can be attacked rather than my guild builds barracks - i can attack and can get attacked ... If a Guild wants to fight other Guilds (GvG) in a separate arena then the above idea seems to be good one ... but not for single player playing.... Also joining a guild should not become a compulsory aspect of the game ...Some players do like to play on their own ... Giving too much benefits to Guild members will make it compulsory to join guilds or lose out in the game ... Of course all of this is my opinion from the way I understood the compiled List...

thank you

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser

Ddevil, I don't know if you received a message from a mod, but I will explaint it. There is a topic with voluntary arena pvp as Lauwi mentioned. They want to use a similar system for guilds (I think) so that would mean that people who pvp in guild and solo will lose twice as much as the ones without guild/arena.

DeletedUser

Ddevil, I don't know if you received a message from a mod, but I will explaint it. There is a topic with voluntary arena pvp as Lauwi mentioned. They want to use a similar system for guilds (I think) so that would mean that people who pvp in guild and solo will lose twice as much as the ones without guild/arena.

No I never received any message from anybody till now ... and thanks for explaining it to me ... I will check the other thread if i can able to find it on the forums with the search option ....By the way "Lose twice" what ?? Units?? Resources?? ...

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the explaining Drialik! @ddevil, you can find the thread about PvP (and specifically the PvP Arena) here (click). :)

In regard to the purpose of having two races in the game, my collegue Goryn has provided the following answer earlier in this thread:
The point of having 2 races in the game is to provide 2 different ways of playing it. There are many differences between the 2 and both require a different strategy to advance. Mix guild vs guild would also allow both guilds to bring all 10 available units to the battlefield, this would make it more fair. This way afterwards nobody can say they lost because they don't have cerberus, or we lost cause we don't have golems. Working together as a team is what it's all about, whether you're Human, or Elf. This doesn't mean you have to get along with everybody ofcourse, we all want to win, but my dogs aren't that picky. They eat all kinds of meat, Human, Elvish, and they had some delicious mortar meat for lunch this afternoon ;)
In short: the two races provide different ways to play Elvenar. They have different units, different buildings, different research trees, etc. Of course a storyline about Humans vs. Elves could be created at some point, but as far as this thread goes, most people would like to see interracial guilds. Humans and Elves could co-operate together in a guild to fill the gaps of each other's shortcomings. This could come in handy when the guild would fight against a NPC boss.

If you have any ideas about a Humans vs. Elves storyline (taking the interracial guilds into account), please share them with us in a new thread in the Ideas Forum (click). We would love to hear them! ;)

DeletedUser580

Hey I want to through in another thing. :D

I would LOVE to see something like a life time system for guilds. Maybe a just a plain counter, how long a guild exist and everybody can see it. Or a special frame around the guild banner.

Bronce: 1 month old guild
Silver: 6 month old guild
Gold: 1 year old guild

that would be nice. So that it will be a really hard decision if you want to shut down a guild. Maybe something more creative than my suggestion. :D

DeletedUser

In my eyes is a history interesting, too. This means you can see the guild history of a player. Good players switch seldom the guild, but bad players and guild hoppers very often. This is not a must have, but nice to know.

DeletedUser126

A lot of ideas have been discussed so far. Thanks for all your input! :) It is clear that the main reason for a guild is player interaction. The following is a summary of what has been said in this thread:

• The topic of the amount of players per guild has been slightly touched by PorfirioDiaz. He proposes an initial maximum of 5-10 in the beginning. This number could become higher when a guild hall (which would then be the player's access to all guild related content) is upgraded. The guild hall could be upgraded by using the donated coins, supplies and goods in the guild storage.

I will forward all those ideas. If there are any more guild-specific ideas, or if we shouldn't overlook some limitations of the ideas above, please let us know by posting in this thread. :)

You forgot to add the Perk/Talent system for Guild to make it more interesting :)

DeletedUser43

Hey I want to through in another thing. :D

I would LOVE to see something like a life time system for guilds. Maybe a just a plain counter, how long a guild exist and everybody can see it. Or a special frame around the guild banner.

Bronce: 1 month old guild
Silver: 6 month old guild
Gold: 1 year old guild

that would be nice. So that it will be a really hard decision if you want to shut down a guild. Maybe something more creative than my suggestion. :D
In my eyes is a history interesting, too. This means you can see the guild history of a player. Good players switch seldom the guild, but bad players and guild hoppers very often. This is not a must have, but nice to know.

Both ideas are nice additions to a guild system. They aren't must-have features, but they are pratical to keep the guild system running smoothly (with the longest existence of particular guilds and the least amount of guildhoppers). I've added them as suggestions to the forwarded idea.

You forgot to add the Perk/Talent system for Guild to make it more interesting :)

Do you mean the guild city which could have buildings that give certain perks to the guild or to guild members? If not, then I've missed the idea. Could you please explain the perk/talent system? :)

DeletedUser252

But are you suggesting a kind of CV for each member? Otherwise you can't see his former guilds.
Maybe you can put that in a kind of reward to:
1 month guildmember: 1 leaf
2 mont guildmember: 2 leafs
1 year guildmember: 3 leafs

DeletedUser580

But are you suggesting a kind of CV for each member? Otherwise you can't see his former guilds.
Maybe you can put that in a kind of reward to:
1 month guildmember: 1 leaf
2 mont guildmember: 2 leafs
1 year guildmember: 3 leafs

My plain idea was just to benefits guilds with vanity extras. Its interesting to have a player CV ... made in a good way, it could be quiet interesting. But its also a way to blame people if they switch to much between guilds. Sometimes its not your fault that you have to go. In the end it could be that you cannot find a good guild anymore. So we have to be careful with a player CV.

A guild cv would be better. There you could see when a player comes and when leaves. So you cannot track a single player easily.

What I also would LOVE to see. Something like a week by week development of the guild members. In FoE I started to track the guild member points. And when someone got just a few points after a week I asked the player if he need help somehow. So it would be nice if the Guildleader get access to some statistical data. That would make the guildleading deeper. :)

DeletedUser252

But its also a way to blame people if they switch to much between guilds. Sometimes its not your fault that you have to go. In the end it could be that you cannot find a good guild anymore. So we have to be careful with a player CV.

A guild cv would be better. There you could see when a player comes and when leaves. So you cannot track a single player easily.
You're right, maybe it is that I believe in a perfect world and I like to think that a new guild asks a player WHY he feld he had to switch somuch. :) ( hé, I'm an elv!)
What I also would LOVE to see. Something like a week by week development of the guild members. In FoE I started to track the guild member points. And when someone got just a few points after a week I asked the player if he need help somehow. So it would be nice if the Guildleader get access to some statistical data. That would make the guildleading deeper.
Could become in very handy sometimes, but I experenced in FoE also that members had to grow x% a week, otherwise the get qicked out a guild. That i DON'T like. It is still a game, and I like to play it for the fun of it, not because I have to.

DeletedUser

The guild members should have a "Discovered" relationship with respect to each other, so trading is possible without a trader's fee.

I hope for this feature or something else.... I want these thing NOW :-D because I need more goods.

DeletedUser252

I'm almost in your neigborhood Denali, but I think I'm not in your legae jet;)