• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Ashrem

Agreed. None of the other "produce" quests will accept a free source (or refund for tearing something down). They must be production from a building in your city.

Jaxom

I have been working this event on Beta and I think that the daily prizes are generally horrible. I got much better from carnival or earlier events.
My rule for doing this event in the live worlds is to not rush things. NEVER use a time instant to get something done quicker. Save them to do important things.

The troop platoons are OK but I see troops as the main thing that I use supplies for. Understand that I have completed Chapter 15 on Beta and live worlds. Not much else to do with supplies. I often have to dump them into the Wholesaler.

As for the Grand Prize. It takes me nearly 4 days to scout a province. So I would will be feeding the new phoenix less than twice a week and only IF i remember to do so within 24 hours of my scout completing. Maybe I would use it once a week in reality. Extra KPs, fine but I am uncertain that it is worth the space.

The sentient goods are useful only if I am working on a chapter or catering the Spire. Once I finish a chapter and upgrade I don't need them.

Overall grade for this event, not too good.

Lovec Krys

The troop platoons are OK but I see troops as the main thing that I use supplies for. Understand that I have completed Chapter 15 on Beta and live worlds. Not much else to do with supplies. I often have to dump them into the Wholesaler.
Try to negotiate bosses in Spire, they can change your supplies from full to empty realy quickly if you're unlucky and do them 5 times or even more times.

Jaxom

On Beta the latest daily prize is a real joke, A 4x3 building that gives 200 population in Chapter 15. In the winter event got 3x3 buildings with 5000 population. Please give us something useful to try for. I fear that I will get to the last day with over 3000 left to spend.

Jaxom

Oh, and don't tell me that this latest prize is more about the culture than the population. I can get 5400 in a 2x2 if I want culture. The 10400 culture plus 2200 population is insulting for so late in a long event.

DeletedUser1953

I say the exact opposite, i completed the Chapter 15 and my most problem is gold/supply, at level 3, each 4 battles need often more than 100% gold & supply (depends on luck or not), Inno reduces the time but this does not change the problem, i can not refill 100% gold & supply in 7h (gold probably but there is a risk that the tablet throws the window) ! I think Inno need to boost the % of gold & supply in spire (the quantity not the chance to have the spell ;) ), like 100% gold/supply in level 3.

Oh, and don't tell me that this latest prize is more about the culture than the population. I can get 5400 in a 2x2 if I want culture. The 10400 culture plus 2200 population is insulting for so late in a long event.
Inno changes from the beginning, at the start of the event, the building was like standard house & culture and insignificant sentient good, Inno boosts the production of sentient and reduces the pop & culture. But happily it does not touch to the superpowerfull active effect :rolleyes:
But this does not resolve main problem, sentient good are not usefull for many and the active effect is complex to use.

There is no WW, no time reduction, this event is mainly for players who have not the Fire Phoenix Level 10, it is all.
There is a phoenix cult today that can be good for people that does not tournament chest 10 or new players.
If you have already Phoenix 10, you have a lot of time to do quest, you can try FOE. This can change if there is sth interesting in the last 6 daily rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 81190

This can change if there is sth interesting in the last 6 daily rewards.
Can't think of anything that we can realistically expect there that would be particularly exciting. I do expect to see Rise of Phoenix in one of these slots. It's not spectacular stats-wise (not terrible either), but I like the looks.

CrazyWizard

Can't think of anything that we can realistically expect there that would be particularly exciting. I do expect to see Rise of Phoenix in one of these slots. It's not spectacular stats-wise (not terrible either), but I like the looks.

With the introduction of the spire I find pop/cult buildings no longer really attractive, especially combined with the The introduction of Thermal spring of youth.

They do not ginve coins, and coins is the thing I lack the most.
You no longer need just coins for your factories but a lot more.

Deleted User - 81190

With the introduction of the spire I find pop/cult buildings no longer really attractive, especially combined with the The introduction of Thermal spring of youth.

They do not ginve coins, and coins is the thing I lack the most.
You no longer need just coins for your factories but a lot more.
But you do need the culture bonus to maximize your coins production, so you probably want some culture/pop or even pure culture.

CrazyWizard

But you do need the culture bonus to maximize your coins production, so you probably want some culture/pop or even pure culture.
Pure yes, but not pop/cult.

In the past soggyshorts suggested a city with 0 homes just pop/cult, such a city would be doomed right now.
On my small account that I started in sept/oct. I run just under 40 homes and and I am still lacking money more than often when I upgrade my buildings and play the spire.

Karvest

I have only one residence for now and no problems with coins doing full spire mostly convincing (haven't spent a single coins instant). But I have a big bunch of wishing wells and other event buildings that give coins. Not sure how bad it would be when WWs expire, will see later.

Deleted User - 81190

I have only one residence for now and no problems with coins doing full spire mostly convincing (haven't spent a single coins instant). But I have a big bunch of wishing wells and other event buildings that give coins. Not sure how bad it would be when WWs expire, will see later.
@CrazyWizard has, well, crazy amounts of AW levels, so his costs are significantly higher than for the rest of us. But outside of Golden Abyss, all these AW levels don't have a positive impact on coin production (well, neighborhood help improvements perhaps).

Also depends on whether or not you're willing to do full neighborhood sweeps for coins on a daily basis.

And I wouldn't call zero residence cities doomed just yet. But since introduction of Thermal Springs AW and Magic Residences that can even be won for free and upgraded with blueprints later, residences (magic ones) certainly moved up in the value provided by a lot. I'd still go with something like VR3, but instead of completely replacing residences with VR3 as I contemplated previously, I'd likely pivot into just enough VR3s for a good culture bonus, and for the rest aim for magic residences as these have higher pop density. Perhaps even go pure culture later on, if I can score several of something like Great Auction.

Karvest

I just finished constructs, so I don't have thermal springs. And doing only NH from FS list + notification list. I'm not against premium residences, but will put only those which I win in spire.

Deleted User - 81190

I just finished constructs, so I don't have thermal springs. And doing only NH from FS list + notification list. I'm not against premium residences, but will put only those which I win in spire.
I was just like you, but then saw the light ;) Late game magic residences and workshops are a better diamond sink than premium expansions.

Arthus

I was just like you, but then saw the light ;) Late game magic residences and workshops are a better diamond sink than premium expansions.

With magic residences giving 13000 pop in chapter 16 (5x4 size, growth from 540 pop per 1x1 to 650 per 1x1, without being touched by Springs of Youth effect), i consider evolution buildings and spire sets are the only proper pop/cult buildings now, with their effects and productions.

The only pop/cult that can keep up to magic residences is Chapter 16's father tree of candy canes and only if there's no Springs of Youth in town.
Culture can be nicely boosted by having watchtower ruins and 1-2 good culture dailies like The Great Auction (2nd best in game).
Evolution buildings and spire sets give quite ok ammounts too, except Coldfail Coronaphoenix.

Deleted User - 81190

The only pop/cult that can keep up to magic residences is Chapter 16's father tree of candy canes and only if there's no Springs of Youth in town.
Culture can be nicely boosted by having watchtower ruins and 1-2 good culture dailies like The Great Auction (2nd best in game).
Father Tree is not even good pop/culture hybrid; it's pretty good pure pop building, but the culture component is very low.

Best pop/culture buildings are still better than pure play combos as long as you don't care too much about coin production. So chapter 16 magic residence gives 13K of pop; but it also provides negative 5.4K of culture (e.g. requires it). Perennial favorite - Venar's Rocks III - incidentally is also 5x4, and it provides 11.2K of both pop and culture. So normalizing to 11.2K of pop, magic residence provides 11.2K of pop and -4.6K of culture in about 17.23 squares; VR3 provides the same pop and 15.8K more culture in 20 squares - which is 2.77 extra squares. This means that incremental culture density of VR3 is about 5.7K of culture per square.

There is nothing in this game outside of AWs that has such culture density. Any pure culture building is not even close. Even if we adjust the calculation and assume L30 Thermal Springs.

sunrae

I have a question, I fed the cold fire phoenix, then used a time booster to complete a scout as it only had 1.5 hours to go, but did not received the 12 kps. The fire phoenix was ready to collect the bonus goods which I did not do before completing the scouting. So should I have collected the goods before the scout to get the kps? Also my kp bar was full so maybe I should have emptied it first but usually "won" kps add on anyway. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Deleted User - 82430

I have a question, I fed the cold fire phoenix, then used a time booster to complete a scout as it only had 1.5 hours to go, but did not received the 12 kps. The fire phoenix was ready to collect the bonus goods which I did not do before completing the scouting. So should I have collected the goods before the scout to get the kps? Also my kp bar was full so maybe I should have emptied it first but usually "won" kps add on anyway. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
In that case You should contact with support.

DeletedUser1953

No amelioration about the stupid 150 currency in academy with a concurrent with 500 diamonds, really ?