• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fight is very hard

DeletedUser338

I'm a non-premium user and so far I'm doing fine. Sure, there have been some problems where I couldn't fight anymore, but that's when you have to invest a bit more in the research tree and get a squad upgrade or advanced troops.
It kind of makes sense that you can't always continue fighting. Otherwise, the game would be rather easy.
And Drialik, if you use Barbarians against all those troops, it's no surprise you're losing that much. Personally I use Cereberii against Necromancers and Archers, Paladins against knights and doggies. I barely even use Barbarians anymore.

DeletedUser629

My strategies is waiting for the hole research tree and than I will test some fights. In the past I tested it, and some enemies killed my hole army. In my eyes is fighting senseless.
Goryn, if you have a squad size of 156 you are not really representative :D, it sounds for a Top 10 player with premium. I have a squad size of 108 and I am not representative, too. The point is, if a top 100 player have some problems... a common player have really big problems. It is not possible to compare the situations of premiums with normal players.
It should be possible for non premiums to use all game features with sense... or inno accepted that the amount of players will be not very big and want to milk the smaller user size heavily. :D Like The-West, now.

I'm actually lower ranked than you are, Denali, and the only time i bought diamonds was to buy the citadel. I see you have a fountain of youth, which means you are close to researching 4 squad upgrades close to each other, you will soon have a squad of 156 as well ;) Non-premium players can progress at a decent pace, if i can do it, anybody can do it :)

DeletedUser224

Off course also players non-premium can progress... I don't buy diamond, but I reached golem promotion and now I can research squad size upgrade 11. I will say more... in my opinion Non-premium players can not afford mistakes in strategy

@Goryn who are you? I don't find your name in elvenar...

DeletedUser

if you use Barbarians against all those troops, it's no surprise you're losing that much. Personally I use Cereberii against Necromancers and Archers, Paladins against knights and doggies. I barely even use Barbarians anymore.
Lord jirre I never said I only use them. It's just that I have fewer losses with a couple of squads Plus a high attack. I primarily use axe barbarians and paladins, cerberi are support for archer cases and my archers are too weak and get slaughtered.

DeletedUser

I have to improve my strategy about fightings...I'm not really a great fighter :confused:

DeletedUser118

I'm a non-premium user and so far I'm doing fine. Sure, there have been some problems where I couldn't fight anymore, but that's when you have to invest a bit more in the research tree and get a squad upgrade or advanced troops.
It kind of makes sense that you can't always continue fighting. Otherwise, the game would be rather easy.
And Drialik, if you use Barbarians against all those troops, it's no surprise you're losing that much. Personally I use Cereberii against Necromancers and Archers, Paladins against knights and doggies. I barely even use Barbarians anymore.

I can understand that fights are supposed to get harder later on in the game, but they should never turn undoable. I for myself like to conquer my provinces by force. Its fun and a little bit of action compared to the rest of the game. Then again my squads will be limited to 192 soldiers sometimes soon but the number of enemies doesn't stop at that size. It keeps growing bigger and bigger which in the end makes it at some point impossible to fight them. Is that really necessary?

Negotiating surely is an option too, but I'm fairly sure the amounts of goods you'll need will be pretty high as well AND might consist of goods you cannot produce (do to missing manufactories) or cannot buy (do to missing traders/dead neighborhood). So I think the battle system should be reworked so that I should at least stand a chance with my 192 men against my enemies and not end up as dog food after one blow of them. ;)

DeletedUser

But maybe they should be undoable because if we can win what use are diamonds expansions?

DeletedUser118

Well, look at how many provinces you need for just one expansion! Sometimes its 7, which means 56 fights. That sure is alot of work to do I'd say.

DeletedUser

It's a lot I admit and the feeling is mutual. I need to go two more and I will have one expansion that will add up for 1 more level 9 house.

DeletedUser

So much has been said about the fighting system as it is in so many threads, if I had to summarize this I would say it's almost broken.

Although it's not completely meaningless at the moment, it has so many weaknesses, that a big overworking won't do, a completely new, really well thought design of a fighting system is needed.

DeletedUser

I don't see anything wrong with the fighting system. Although I like the idea of having damage per man and if you have 1 man you will only have the damage of one unit. And yes this was proposed earlier.

DeletedUser338

That is indeed the only real change I'd like to see. Right now it's just straight up annoying when you have killed half and they still do full damage. Opens up more strategic options too, instead of just going for 1 squad at once.
Other than that; of course fights should become unwinnable sometimes. If you can just battle through all of them without stopping, you'd get way too many expansions too easily.

DeletedUser

Other than that; of course fights should become unwinnable sometimes. If you can just battle through all of them without stopping, you'd get way too many expansions too easily.

I don't agree with that, I go with Katzenprinz here. There has to be a system, that increases the difficulty of fights (if winning is combined with any achievement) properly, but there also has to be a way for players to handle this when advancing.

DeletedUser338

How would you do that? At some point you can't increase the difficulty anymore, or else battles will become unwinnable. And then you're just getting free expansions.

DeletedUser118

I don't agree with that, I go with Katzenprinz here. There has to be a system, that increases the difficulty of fights (if winning is combined with any achievement) properly, but there also has to be a way for players to handle this when advancing.

Exactly. Else they could just disable the battle function after a while since its not worth trying anyway. I don't think that's what the devs have planned for this game.

DeletedUser338

I'm pretty sure it is what they've planned, simply because the only way to get stronger is through the research tree. There's a limit to how strong you can get and therefore there's a limit to how many battles you can win.

DeletedUser118

Yes and that's exactly the point we wanna see changed.

I dunno if the devs have even thought this far (knowing Innogames they might not :p) but even if, it still needs to changed cuz that's not the way a battle system should be like. It should be difficult, yes but not be unwinnable. That's just not fair nor fun at all.

DeletedUser338

Well, sure, if they change the entire combat system, you don't need "unwinnable" provinces. Then you just need to make it more and more difficult to get better troops/bigger squads.
However, that's not how it works right now, so for now there should be unwinnable provinces.

DeletedUser

How would you do that? At some point you can't increase the difficulty anymore, or else battles will become unwinnable. And then you're just getting free expansions.

I don't understand, what you want to say.

The number of province expansions is naturally limited, so you could increase the number of needed provinces for 1 expansion faster and after that provide some other reward.

This is a beta and I think it is a good idea to point out, how the game could be enhanced, and not, how workarounds for weak game features should be provided.