• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fight is very hard

DeletedUser224

I'm arrived to the 7th ring in the world map, my squad is 108, I have sword dancer, archer, ent and golem.
...and I think there is too much difference between my units and enemy units, I am a little discouraged.
and you?

DeletedUser

I have left a few provinces of the 6th ring, so I've got enough stuff to fight some encounters for quests yet. But I'm concentrating on examining another point at the moment.

There are some heavy differences of the strength of enemy troops in provinces of the same ring, that shouldn't be there! I think, it would be a fair approach for all players, that all provinces of the same ring have an approximately equal strength. This doesn't seem to be the case, if you compare the products of enemy squad size and number of enemies for an encounter, what seems to be the only possible measure method.

As far as I know, the values for an encounter (troops and negotiation costs) are set, when scouting a province. (Just again) I only can speculate about the reasons of differences, it seems to me, that the strength of a province is determined also by your squad size at this moment, what I feel is a really bad idea.

DeletedUser338

Elfs don't get Paladins @marcelg
Also, they don't help that much. I myself can take down the crystal provinces with relative ease (relative to the other, sometimes unbeatable provinces), but others are indeed way too hard. Right now I've discovered provinces with golems who can just one-hit whatever squad I sent to them. By the time I reach them they've pretty much destroyed all my squads.
The numbers just have to be toned down. There's only so much tactic can do (and it's not that much, since you can only see what troops you'll face). And they should just goddamn fix the attack power of weakened troops. Stop saying it's intended, I honestly don't care if it is or not, right now I just lose to squads that have huge numbers at the start because they keep dealing so much damage.

DeletedUser118

Since squad sizes are limitited due to the limited searchtree, enemy squad sizes should be limited at some point too. Else it will very soon be impossible to defeat them. That's what feds up many players in this game.

DeletedUser338

Indeed. The enemy is getting stronger and stronger, yet if I want to focus on getting a stronger army, I have no other option than to spend points in the research tree and hope I hit a squad upgrade some time soon. Maybe they should do something with armories and increased strength. Right now there's no real reason to have more than one armory anyway.

DeletedUser

Indeed. The enemy is getting stronger and stronger, yet if I want to focus on getting a stronger army, I have no other option than to spend points in the research tree and hope I hit a squad upgrade some time soon. Maybe they should do something with armories and increased strength. Right now there's no real reason to have more than one armory anyway.

true, I deleted mine ages ago. Now to find people to trade with...

DeletedUser338

I'm quite lucky, I have very little problems with trading. Sure, no one has marble, but I can buy that. Other than that, I just need my neighbors to catch up a bit and start producing more of their 3rd boosted good.

DeletedUser

I agree with you, lenore: also for me battles are very hard now and my troops are not so strong as the enemies are :(

DeletedUser1075

I agree, this is very frustrating. I am out of culture points and space. In order to get another space I need to conquer another province. I can't conquer another province because my troops aren't strong enough to finish any of them. I can't negotiate because I don't have enough of the second tier of goods, and I can't produce more because I'm out of culture points and space to build or upgrade. Catch-22, which is really no fun at all. Maybe I should destroy all the armories so I can use the space for culture? Is that the point of this game? Then why have the troops in the research tree?

DeletedUser338

You don't really need more than 1 armory, so yea, I would destroy some if I were you. Also, don't build more culture just to get the bonus. Instead, build more workshops, residences and manufactories. The culture bonus is not worth it.

DeletedUser1075

Well, at the moment I can't build much of anything because I'm out of culture - forget about bonuses! I'll kill off two armories of the four to start with and see if that gets me anywhere worthwhile.

DeletedUser629

I've got 4 armories for the simple reason that i can fill 5 slots with alot of troops, so when i come home i have a decent army ready for battle. Fights are hard, yes, but my squads of 156 each can still win enough encounters to keep my progress at a decent pace. And i'm taking about provinces that cost 1.6 million to scout with enemy squads of over 400 each, and sometimes close to 700 when the enemy only has 2/3 squads.

DeletedUser1075

I've hit a sticking point where even the easiest province is a defeat. Lovely that you can build your great army, but it doesn't do any good when all it does is lose. I've ditched the fourth armory for now - perhaps I'll wind up rebuilding it later, when I have culture to spare. I am starting to wonder if it is not possible to succeed at this game without spending money.

DeletedUser

My strategies is waiting for the hole research tree and than I will test some fights. In the past I tested it, and some enemies killed my hole army. In my eyes is fighting senseless.
Goryn, if you have a squad size of 156 you are not really representative :D, it sounds for a Top 10 player with premium. I have a squad size of 108 and I am not representative, too. The point is, if a top 100 player have some problems... a common player have really big problems. It is not possible to compare the situations of premiums with normal players.
It should be possible for non premiums to use all game features with sense... or inno accepted that the amount of players will be not very big and want to milk the smaller user size heavily. :D Like The-West, now.

DeletedUser

I agree with you Denali, and now I'm not so so sad 'cause I've read that other players at my level or more have the same problems with fightings as me...try to be all patient :D

DeletedUser

Another point is, I know that I will end the research tech tree without fighting later. In my eyes this is positive, because Elvenar have no other long time game features. So I have more time to play Elvenar. :eek: At the moment I can`t use new expansions, too... so I have time to chill out :p

DeletedUser

I've not that problem now: I'm far to finish my tech-tree and I've still expansions to win, so I can't permit myself to wast my time, but I've to work hard with my village :D

DeletedUser

Training time 5 hours for 5 slots axe barbarians 2 and they have the shortest training time (3 level 8 armories and 1 level 10 barracks adds up to 51 man.) It's a ridiculous amount of time because I will lose them anyway on a mix of necromancers, knights, archers and doggies. Squad size 84

Last edited by a moderator: