• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowships coming to Beta!

DeletedUser

The spirit of a fellowship is just you've very well described, ophion, and I totally agree with you!
I'm very happy that Elvenar's team today'll give us this important feature 'cause I'm sure that many of us'll build a real friendship and even if obviously we cannot be all in the same one, we'll be friendly and perhaps one day we could build alliances or similars...we'll see how the mechanism'll work;)
Good game to you all! :)
Alessandro

DeletedUser

Great news. The only note is that this options need to exists a long time a go. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, it's true what you've written, idanar, but we've not to be too much demanding for the moment in this beta version...:D

DeletedUser

I wonder about the rather small number of possible fellows. Maybe we can upgrade the fellowship in the future?

The thing i don't like is always the same problem in every guild in every game: a dictatorship, again. I guess most of us live in a democratic country: why no democracy, or at least a council?
A dictatorship? That is ridiculous. You are talking about a leader who takes actions? And democracy? What if the majority is against you? I agree that a leader who does things secretive is not one to be trusted that is why I am open, but a democracy? Lets say you do a vote it will take at the very least a day for all players to just vote.

DeletedUser205

A dictatorship? That is ridiculous. You are talking about a leader who takes actions? And democracy? What if the majority is against you? I agree that a leader who does things secretive is not one to be trusted that is why I am open, but a democracy? Lets say you do a vote it will take at the very least a day for all players to just vote.

the difference to a usual dictatorship is: you can always vote by feet and leave an unliked leaded ...ship ;-)

Elderflower

Lovely idea. I have one player I have not discovered yet who regularly trades with me despite this. I can't even find them on the map so it is difficult for me to 'discover' them. I would love to be in a fellowship with them and a few others like them.
Also lately aiding has become too much of a chore because it slows my game right down by chewing up huge amounts of memory so being able to aid quickly will be a great advantage.
I see some people in this thread seem to have already started a fellowship but the icon for doing so has not yet appeared in my city.

DeletedUser

Elderflower, you've not the fellowship icon as all of us, 'cause upgrade to version 0.20'll arrive later ;)

DeletedUser

I feel the titles "mage" and "archmage" discriminate against our magically "challenged" Human counterparts.
I didn't think of that issue when I called my fellowship "Breathing Magic" :D Humans are also welcome ;)
Hmm, it's same with the game title. It's Elvenar, not Humanenar. That doesn't mean us elves want to discriminate humans... We should not redo the mistakes we made in the old world... #iReallyReadElvenarQuestDescriptions :)

Back to topic - after founding a fellowship and waiting for the invited players to accept, I am already convinced that fellowships are a step forward for the game. It also offers new opportunities to add new features to the game that strengthen peaceful teamplay within a fellowship. Maybe fellowship quests? If someone has an idea about that already, please post it to the "ideas and suggestions" section, I'd love to read it. :)

Elderflower

Yay!! Just started my Fellowship and sent out invitations to all the folk who are not my neighbours but have traded with me in the past. And of course those neighbours who have aided me regularly too.

DeletedUser

so how long does it have to pass to be able to help your new fellowship member?
i got in my notification window that we have a new member, but when i went to visit him, i couldn't give help
so i went to check on the fellowship icon - it doesn't even show the new member (no notification either)
refreshed and still the same
is this a bug, or is there some time period required?

You may have to refresh your browser then. It should be possible immediately. If that is indeed the case, could you please send in a bug report? :)

DeletedUser

i just closed browser, cleared cache and now have only elvenar + elvenar forum opened, and still the same:
in notifications i have that person joined our fellowship, when visiting can't help him, and when opened fellowship icon, no mention of that person in there at all