• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

SoggyShorts

Yeah, but I didn't think accounting for roads would change the relative sizes.
It absolutely does.
Two 2x1 buildings require 2 roads. That's a 50% increase in size.
One 2x2 building requires 1 road. That's a 25% increase in size.

Edited because dumbdumb.

Last edited:

FieryArien

It absolutely does.
Two 2x1 buildings require 2 roads. That's a 50% increase in size.
One 2x2 building requires 1 road. That's a 25% increase in size.
That doesn’t sound right to me. It looks like the road number for the smaller buildings is rounded unfavorably up. Can you elaborate; explain the reasoning for your numbers? My thought process is described below:

I’m assuming the player builds the temp buildings in a long line (long street with same buildings on both sides of the road).

Let’s take the smallest subsection of such a road: 2 squares of road with 2x2 space on each side.
1) Either two 2x2 buildings can be placed (the increase is 25% from 8 squares for just the buildings to 10 squares including the roads).
2) Or four 2x1 buildings can be placed (increase of 25% from 8 squares for just the buildings to 10 squares including roads). Even if you take two buildings it’s still just 25% from 4 squares to 5 squares.

PaNonymeB

That doesn’t sound right to me. It looks like the road number for the smaller buildings is rounded unfavorably up. Can you elaborate; explain the reasoning for your numbers? My thought process is described below:

I’m assuming the player builds the temp buildings in a long line (long street with same buildings on both sides of the road).

Let’s take the smallest subsection of such a road: 2 squares of road with 2x2 space on each side.
1) Either two 2x2 buildings can be placed (the increase is 25% from 8 squares for just the buildings to 10 squares including the roads).
2) Or four 2x1 buildings can be placed (increase of 25% from 8 squares for just the buildings to 10 squares including roads). Even if you take two buildings it’s still just 25% from 4 squares to 5 squares.
That's righ, I think @SoggyShorts made a mistake, 1×1 would be 50% increase but 2×1 is 25%. Or he put his buildings on the wrong side, but I doubt it :D

Deleted User - 81190

With this assumption road influence is the same as long as ratio of area is the same as ratio of shortest sides (e.g. 2:1 in this example). However, this is a strong assumption, and obviously not realistic in all cases. Not all buildings need to be placed like that - e.g. the terminal points of such a line can be capped with no road requirements. So for the terminal points you can place 1x 2x2 without additional roads, but for the same placement you can only place 1x 1x2. Depending on how many points like that you have in your layout, your road requirements will be impacted differently.

On the other hand, you don't always put dedicated roads for those buildings - sometimes you reuse existing ones, which are there for something else. 1x2 might be easier to squeeze in, essentially making zero incremental road requirements for those cases.

edeba

@edeba - add to those Blacksmiths and Farmers also the roads. For ex. 5 WS lvl.1 = 20 squares but without roads. With roads, would be at least 25 squares (depending where they are squeezed).
If you consider land-time requirements for BS, farmers, statues and necklaces, and convert to how many squares for 24 hours you get the following:
Statues, 2(t1)x (2x1 size) for 2 days = 8 square days
Necklaces 3(t1)x (2x1 size) for 1 day = 6 square days
Blacksmiths 5(ws)x (2x2 size) for1 day = 20 square days
Farmers 10(ws)x (2x2 size) for 3/8th day = 15 square days.

The blacksmiths and farmers take up way more resources than the statues or necklaces.

My suggest would weight these 4 badges very similar:
Blacksmith 2(ws) x (2x2 size) for 1 day = 8 square days
Farmer 5(ws) x (2x2 size) for 3/8 day = 7.5 square days
Interesting debate, now I am curious as to how size would actually change, but I am doing to calculate for if you have cleared space and aren't just fitting them in because of existing oddball spaces.

So to make a statue you need one road square between 2 t1, so instead of 4 squares/day it is 5 squares per day for 10 square days.

Necklaces need 3 t1 so to make 2 necklaces you need 6 t1 with 3 squares of roads down the middle for 15 squares, so for 1 it would be 7.5 square days.

The existing blacksmith, say making 2, 5 ws on either side of a road need 9 road squares, if you were making 4 you'd 19, not 18, and making 6 you'd need 29, so round 10 for 2 which is more representative for playing a strong FA. So that would be 50 squares for 2, and 25 for 1.

Statues with roads - 10 square days
Necklace with roads - 7.5 square days
BS with roads - 25 square days
Farmer with roads - 19 square days

With my suggestions
Blacksmith with roads requiring 2 workshops - 10 square days
farmer with roads requiring 2 workshops - 9.5 square days.

The ratios aren't exact, but each badge is pretty close to the same relative requirement as per my original calculation.

Enevhar Aldarion

So to make a statue you need one road square between 2 t1, so instead of 4 squares/day it is 5 squares per day for 10 square days.

Just a side note on this because before the changes to the badges, it was so much more annoying to have to build one of each tier 1 factory. So everyone can just build the 2x1 or 1x2 factory that best fits their space for making necklace and statue badges. So the road requirements are now equal for everyone.

edeba

Just a side note on this because before the changes to the badges, it was so much more annoying to have to build one of each tier 1 factory. So everyone can just build the 2x1 or 1x2 factory that best fits their space for making necklace and statue badges. So the road requirements are now equal for everyone.
Totally agree, some players required more space to make t1 sets when all 3 manu were required. I think it was 8 squares without roads for elves and 10 for humans for a t1 set. Now it is 4 squares for 2 days for statues, which is equivalent to the 8 squares/day, but the necklace requirements are definitely down at 6 squares/day.

Lovec Krys

Mayby simply @Marindor might tell us if there is a planned FA or not (and when).
So we don't need to guess or (some of us) to dig it up from gamefiles.

ps: Nevermind, it has been announced ingame. (but there is a mistake, it is february, not january).

Last edited:

Wowwie

and why the Friday Start spire is ending and only few hours for tourneys
are you trying to really discourage player?? the Fa is hard enough with out so many road blocks

ayvinul

Hey, Innogames, can you please slow down a wee little bit ?

less than a week between the end of the event and the adventure.

Right, for beta it is going to work. But for live worlds, a bit more of a gap would be nice.

The event/adventure rythm is getting a bit insane. I would very much settle for a slightly slower rythm AND nicer prizes...

because frankly, the current event doesn't offer anything really great, but for those of us handling fellowships, we still have to do adventures to please everyone, and frankly, it is starting to be a lot.