• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Sirenia

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of our latest addition to the game here: Fellowship Adventures! We are of course very curious for your feedback so please let us know what you think about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Our fellowship decided not to play.... so NOT worth the prizes. Way too many goods, magic hall items, etc. We have a lot of players that are chapter 5 and below and playing this would wipe them out and put too much pressure on us that are large. Make the chest prizes worth it!!! Otherwise I can see many fellowships in the live world just opting out. Not worth it.

Arayla

Here are the number of badges/goods/relics/orcs required for each path for each round:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 2.00.20 PM.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser1953

Because, we know that Inno. listen :
- raise the number of quest and badge, 20 more quests will be better
- reduce the reward, like tournament, no reward will be better !

Calenmir

@Marindor said: Yes, we are aware of several possibilities and they're all being considered but in our current quest system they are not as easy to implement as you'd like to think :) If we would go for some temporary solutions before the main overhaul, at least they won't be ready for this next round.

First off, it's been MONTHS since the first really good suggestion was given and that is to be able to select the quest you need. Since then others have been offered. One would think by now the developers could consider working on it. But instead they look for other ways to make it more tedious. So I have to ask, why do they continue to make it harder to maneuver through the quests? Why do they continually add more quests to cycle through? Why is that more important to them than to work on finding a way to make accessing quests easier?

This isn't just a beta issue. At this point this is an entire game issue. No one likes it but that isn't an issue for the developers to focus on. Why? Why is what they want to do more important to them than what the gamers want? They've now added quests that will take hours for some to finish, they've added items like giving up relics and orcs - but don't seem at all concerned that the what the gamers really want is what they should be focusing on. Serious players aren't looking for an 'easy' game, but we are asking for it to not be tedious and not to become a job (since no one is paying US). It may be a job for the developers but for the players it's a game. Games are supposed to be fun - not work and not tedious. At some point this logic was lost to them.

It's really time for them to focus on what's being asked for especially considering they hit us with these events so frequently. Show consideration to the beta players by ACTUALLY doing what they ask or explaining why it's not possible - but telling us they 'are looking into it' isn't at all satisfactory or even believable given the amount of time that has passed since the first suggestion was made.

DeletedUser332

@calenmir Very well said, even with the cynicism - I'm starting to feel more and more like that myself lately. It's sad to say that my perception is that the developers generally march to the beat of their own drum with little regard for player feedback in the overwhelming majority of cases. Even going beyond FAs, numerous topics have been commented on by players and either the developer response is nonexistent or progress on addressing the issue(s) is so slow that it might as well be. This is a list of several things that have either been problems for some time, or are things the developers have commented on as having future 'improvements' a very long time ago:
  • Blueprints still do not have additional functionality
  • Broken shards still only accumulate to 10
  • Decay time for mana/seeds/sentient goods is displayed inaccurately in-game
  • Numerous issues with chat that have only gotten worse and affected more players since they first began (this one may actually be getting resolved soon though)
  • Tournament provinces display inaccurate info for your own units in the encounter window (this is a fairly minor issue, but still long-standing)
I'm sure others would be able to add more if this was a crowdsourced list. The big question here is: In light of all of these issues, how come the developers are still pressing forward with whatever it is they want to do rather than fixing what's already there? There's a classic phrase often thrown around on the Forge of Empires forums by the more belligerent posters: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. For Elvenar, I think a slight revision is appropriate: If it is broke, then fix it! The developers' priorities are truly a mystery here, especially in the case of FAs as despite 41 pages of feedback on the subject, issues described in the very beginning pages over a year ago are still relevant today, and in most cases things have gotten even worse since then. Why is this? @Marindor, is it at all possible for you to get some insight from the developers on why long-standing player concerns are seemingly not addressed? Is there a difference in priorities? Lack of time? Do they just not care? I really don't want to assume the worst and would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm really leaning towards the latter here. There's plenty of feedback in this thread on how FAs should be improved, and that should be acted on befo--wait, this just came to me.

Is all this emphasis being put on regular FA releases because they're a big money-maker for Inno? Is that what this is? Is that why the priority is simply on keeping them coming rather than improving them? Because the longer they stay tedious and difficult, the longer you'll be able to squeeze the money out of those willing (and foolish enough) to spend it? Is it all just a marketing thing? I'm starting to ramble now, so I'm going to end this post here...

SoggyShorts

• Blueprints still do not have additional functionaliy
  • Broken shards still only accumulate to 10
These 2 are sore spots with me because I actually talked to Timon (in the Q&A) without getting a satisfying response.
"We're working on something, can't tell you what or when" Is just garbage.

I think you are probably on to something with your last paragraph.
F2P games make money from players that don't want to wait.
That's it, that is the entire business model. We can only assume that somehow the FA hits that sweet spot where some players are just frustrated enough to speed things up with cash, but not enough to give up. It might seem insane to the rest of us, but there are players who will spend the equivalent of a Caribbean family vacation on a free game just to have a higher number next to their name, and the FA can make that happen in under 7 days.
Ask any top FA FS, and they will tell you almost no one spent any money at all during the event, but then one FS will somehow complete 75 rounds of the bottomless pit in 15 minutes to grab first place. Sure, they just had all those badges sitting and waiting for the last 15 minutes...ok.:rolleyes:

cpickett76

I am glad to see the prizes are better this time. My problem with is FA is that there's no way for quite a few fellowships on Ceravyn to complete the green path on map one without using diamonds. I'm ranked 105 in the game over there and our FS is ranked in the mid 20s. I recently got to orcs. Pay 30,000 orcs we can't do that and neither can a lot of others? The 50 of each T1 one relic on the blue path is going to be an issue for players too. Most in our FS have not maxed their boosts and even though mine are, that amount is too high for a newer world and a real problem for smaller fellowships on C.

DeletedUser724

Error and Error while skip quests
it is not a user-friendly playing method
Finger pain due to too many un-necessary mouse click to cycle quest

there are tons of road block...
for example:
especailly for fellowship who do not play tournament
or
small size fellowship
They will die as they cannot provide "amount of relic" like this

Inno ...be reasonable
The game should be design to all player and all fellowship
so that they can completed FA (at least 1 route in each round/map )
this FA is tailor-make for well-super-developed fellowship to play

DeletedUser2316

I found a positive aspect: the new training and gold gathering badges are leveled to player's capacity, which makes the game more balanced. In general players in later ages have more advantage for having more space available for some of the missions (manufacturies, factories).
But the fact there are fix fee of resources and relics breaks the whole thing. Its just unreasonable from most guilds. On live server, I would remove them and replace them with other badges.

Lets not even talk about the prize...

Wowwie

FA FEB26-page-001.jpg
Still curious on the bottomless pit
Relics aren't that big of a deposit if yo have a fellowship involvement

DeletedUser2326

First of all, as many are, I will not complain about the quests. I believe them to not be unreasonable thus far. Unfortunately, in improving the quests, you also lessened the prizes. I like the fact that you are giving instants besides kps. I wish they were bigger. I remember one of my smaller cities getting 14 hour and 24 hour time boosts. It may have been in a seasonal quest, still those are nice and worth shooting for. Buildings with population attached, I try to stay away from. In this case, for my size city, the building is not worth it in culture or population. Even the bigger cities are complaining on that one. Why must you offer a building that has been offered before in a seasonal event? Why not come up with something totally new - just for the adventure.

One question I do have - were the adventures not supposed to be on the mobile app? If so, where are they? I just did visits to my beta city using the app and did not see the adventure. I was quite happy to find the coins I collected counted toward that badge.

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best; I would give this adventure perhaps a 7. With better prizes, I would have given a 9 or 10.

:oops: Oops. I should have looked at the rest of the quests before I judged. There's no way a small FS can do this adventure. In our Beta FS, we have no cities at 100k and most are less than 50k. I can understand wanting to make the FA challenging, but can you not have two versions of challenging? Chest 1 is obtainable. I don't think the other two are. We need one FA for higher ranking fellowships and one for those who are not high in rank. There's got to be a dividing point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2326

Ooooh so a "stage" is'nt the 3-colored waypoints?

The different paths, if we take the first green waypoint, will we then be locked at green, until one of the 3-colored waypoints?

And for the big reward, do we have to clear all blue? Or blue, green AND orange?

Stages? When we clear what we can see now, we will unlock a new stage/map?

Sorry, but all of those new terms really confuses me.
You should have made a dictionary :p
"Picture of waypoint" This is a waypoint
"Stage" - stage means xxxx and so on :p

(I really hope that I'm not the only one, that is a bit confused :eek: )

I refer to them as waypoints and flags. Otherwise, I go bonkers. The tri-colored are waypoints. The others are flags.

Heymrdiedier

i know im probably alone in this, but i kinda like menhiroks barrow as a reward.
It gives me about the culture amount a normal 4x4 would give me, and it gives me free inhabitants as an extra.
Those inhabitants i can then use to build an extra manufactory or something else.
I like cultural buildings that give population, mainly because i dont like citys who are 50% houses, it doesnt look pretty at all in my opinion

Potvorisko

I agree with you Heymrdiedier, I dont like those cities either. After one of my fellows claimed, that because of Menhirok barrow is whole FA worth of doing it, I thought about it. It seems, that pop-cultural buildings are worth its place from that point, when it size is similar, same or smaller than just houses. I did my math and I have to say, that for smaller cities up to fairies it is just nice diversion. But for bigger cities, it starts to have reasonable place in town. For my city here on beta (dwarfs just before fairies), it is not so great prize, but for my live city (wood elves) it starts to have a sense, for elementals players it is better than house with extra culture. So, after all it is not so bad prize. But I would still liked better KP bonus instead of that coin one.
It seems to me, that this FA is better than previous, I hope, that they will be even better next time. Possibility to gain old event buildings is great, now players, who don´t want to give up on old, but nice buildings have chance to have them back in their current chapter.

SoggyShorts

Have a look at the quests for the event Menhiroks Duty back in may
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/copy-of-a-charming-tree-june-2017
I know the link says "charming tree" but it is the menhirok page
Compare those quests with doing 1/25 of the FA
Produce beverages 50 times
Produce simple tools 35 times
Produce bread 20 times
Produce advanced tools 30 times
Produce groceries 10 times
Produce mixed T1 3h 1 time
Produce mixed T1 9h 3 times
Produce mixed T1 24h 2 times
Produce mixed T1 48h 1 time
Gain coins 7 times (varies by level, but about equal to visiting a full FS + 10 neighbors)
Produce 21 squads of troops
donate 20 KP to a wonder
Gain 2 PoP spells
Gain 2 MM spells
Gain 2 EE spells
pay 90 relics
pay ~50K goods
The only big addition is the pay relics/goods, and the rewards are better this time (far more KP)

Heymrdiedier

I agree with you Heymrdiedier, I dont like those cities either. After one of my fellows claimed, that because of Menhirok barrow is whole FA worth of doing it, I thought about it. It seems, that pop-cultural buildings are worth its place from that point, when it size is similar, same or smaller than just houses. I did my math and I have to say, that for smaller cities up to fairies it is just nice diversion. But for bigger cities, it starts to have reasonable place in town. For my city here on beta (dwarfs just before fairies), it is not so great prize, but for my live city (wood elves) it starts to have a sense, for elementals players it is better than house with extra culture. So, after all it is not so bad prize. But I would still liked better KP bonus instead of that coin one.
It seems to me, that this FA is better than previous, I hope, that they will be even better next time. Possibility to gain old event buildings is great, now players, who don´t want to give up on old, but nice buildings have chance to have them back in their current chapter.

pre woodelves rewards are always a lot worse then woodelves and up; Because these rewards dont give mana, they get compensated by extra culture etc.
And to be honest, pre woodelves should be able to replace any rewards they get fairly fast anyway, so no matter what reward you give those players, it gets obsolete fast, so in my book that makes any reward less good for those players.

@SoggyShorts im not sure what you mean? are you saying its now easier or harder to get menhiroks compared to doing the event? from your ist divided by 25 it feels easier, but maybe that wasnt your point

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts im not sure what you mean? are you saying its now easier or harder to get menhiroks compared to doing the event? from your ist divided by 25 it feels easier, but maybe that wasnt your point
I'm saying that looking at both they are pretty close, and by being able to use your FS member's strengths, and divide quests badges based on log in schedule/space/whatever, the FA should be easier than the original Menhiroks event was.

DeletedUser2112

I am glad to see the prizes are better this time. My problem with is FA is that there's no way for quite a few fellowships on Ceravyn to complete the green path on map one without using diamonds. I'm ranked 105 in the game over there and our FS is ranked in the mid 20s. I recently got to orcs. Pay 30,000 orcs we can't do that and neither can a lot of others? The 50 of each T1 one relic on the blue path is going to be an issue for players too. Most in our FS have not maxed their boosts and even though mine are, that amount is too high for a newer world and a real problem for smaller fellowships on C.

Where have you seen it is necessary to pay 30K Orcs. The quests I see don't specify which troops to build, but only to build 30K Troops. Am I missing something? Nothing I have seen says to pay in Orcs specifically, but to build troops, which actually stay within your armies. To my knowledge, INNO is not in the slave business.

₮ⱧɆ ₱ØⱠł₴Ⱨ ₭₦ł₲Ⱨ₮

Dony

King of Bugs
Where have you seen it is necessary to pay 30K Orcs. The quests I see don't specify which troops to build, but only to build 30K Troops. Am I missing something? Nothing I have seen says to pay in Orcs specifically, but to build troops, which actually stay within your armies. To my knowledge, INNO is not in the slave business.

₮ⱧɆ ₱ØⱠł₴Ⱨ ₭₦ł₲Ⱨ₮
orcs from armory not units
its chapter 8+