• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2369

i agree that this FA is to hard for us little guys.
we don;t have players who are in the orcs yet and also the amount of relics and resourches needed is to high to keep on donating.
i really like the FA, but if this keeps up i will stop with it and i think my fellow FS members would agree with me.

DeletedUser1739

How? How do you get equal challenge if you have unequal participants? They already scaled the "Gain coins" and "Gain troops".
What else specifically would you change to make it so that small cities/FS have the same level of challenge?

I also have to question whether that is a desirable situation. If every fellowship has the same chances, regardless of size, what is the incentive to improve your FS?

Should every fellowship also get all 10 chests in the tournament?
Blue participation ribbon for everyone?
Why fall into such excesses?

Nobody asked for oversimplification. Where would the pleasure be otherwise?

We ask that these adventures be accessible to all. Not only brotherhoods that work only great performance.

For a community game, is it too much?

Deleted User - 60107

How? How do you get equal challenge if you have unequal participants? They already scaled the "Gain coins" and "Gain troops".
What else specifically would you change to make it so that small cities/FS have the same level of challenge?
Simple: I would make the different paths have different difficulty, and different rewards:
- one path that is easy even for new players and incomplete Fellowships, but gives minimal Points and rewards
- one of average difficulty (and evarage points and rewards), that should be possible to complete for most Fellowships
- and one that is difficult, so only Fellowships with advanced players have a realistic chance of completing it (especially on the third map), but is also a lot more rewarding

I would also change it so that the reward for completing each FA encounter is not just Points (the way it is now), but also something else, dependng on the spot and difficulty (Coins, Supplies, Resources, Relics, KP, etc.). This way people who do not care about the points would still have an incentive to complete encounters. As a bonus, players who do not like the stage rewards might like some of the encounter rewards, giving them a reason to participate anyway.

Look at the Guild Expeditions in Forge of Empires, where you get a reward for each encounter you complete (with the more difficult encounters giving better rewards). That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

DeletedUser2319

Take a step into a small FS for 1 minute...how many can even begin to tell you what an ORC looks like, nevermind produce 1 for the FA...then look at the 35k requirement of goods...some of those small FS havent even reached Dwarfs yet....their highest ranked person is JUST in Chapter 5 and trading at the highest amount of 5000 in trades and thinking they are the king of the world right now...so ya this FA IS NOT geared to all that play this game...and some of us who joined a FS that has a lot of young players to help teach them, we can't simply play the FA all alone, it would break us. Dont even get me started on the amount of relics you want us to fork over...i need those thank you very much!!! and those little guys, they need them even more!!!

SoggyShorts

Simple: I would make the different paths have different difficulty, and different rewards:
- one path that is easy even for new players and incomplete Fellowships, but gives minimal Points and rewards
- one of average difficulty (and evarage points and rewards), that should be possible to complete for most Fellowships
- and one that is difficult, so only Fellowships with advanced players have a realistic chance of completing it (especially on the third map), but is also a lot more rewarding
Ummm... how is that differnt than
- Stage one that is easy even for new players and incomplete Fellowships, but gives minimal Points and rewards
- Stage two of average difficulty (and evarage points and rewards), that should be possible to complete for most Fellowships
- Stage 3 one that is difficult, so only Fellowships with advanced players have a realistic chance of completing it but is also a lot more rewarding
o_O
Take a step into a small FS for 1 minute...how many can even begin to tell you what an ORC looks like, nevermind produce 1 for the FA...then look at the 35k requirement of goods...some of those small FS havent even reached Dwarfs yet....their highest ranked person is JUST in Chapter 5 and trading at the highest amount of 5000 in trades and thinking they are the king of the world right now...so ya this FA IS NOT geared to all that play this game...and some of us who joined a FS that has a lot of young players to help teach them, we can't simply play the FA all alone, it would break us. Dont even get me started on the amount of relics you want us to fork over...i need those thank you very much!!! and those little guys, they need them even more!!!
There are some players complaining about how difficult the goods and relics "pay" quests are for small fellowships, or fellowships with fewer members. I think the question we need to ask is "Should those fellowships be able to get the top(non-rank) prize easily?"
The other Fellowship based part of the game is tournaments, and to get the top prize there(non-rank) requires a lot of effort, and is also not attainable for small fellowships with fewer players.

It seems to me that Fellowship Adventures and Fellowship Tournaments both give incentive for building a full, powerful fellowship.

As an example my Winyandor FS that has members with scores between 23,000 and 200,000 (with one 400K new member) we are very close to becoming a "10 chest" FS. We started out as a 4-chest, and have slowly grown, improved and learned until now we are getting 9-10 each week.
This took a very long time, like from the invention of FS based tournaments until last week.
There is a great feeling of accomplishment in making progress as a team that wouldn't be there if they had just scaled down the tournament for us back when we had ~17 members.

There are 98 spots open in the top 100 fellowships on Winy, and many of those fellowships will take newer players that are active and willing to learn.
Being in a fellowship of all small players that isn't full is a choice. It can be fun to start small together and slowly grow as a team, but it will also be harder.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2112

Why fall into such excesses?

Nobody asked for oversimplification. Where would the pleasure be otherwise?

We ask that these adventures be accessible to all. Not only brotherhoods that work only great performance.

For a community game, is it too much?

Hear, Hear... Not Blue ribbons for everyone, but if you can't participate because A) you can't possibly meet the expectation due to inadequate size of a full FS (meaning you have more than 20 fellows) B) You don't even meet the criteria to participate because no one in your fellowship is of such caliber as to build the item you are requested, or C) place such a disadvantageous time frame. It would be liken to expecting a 12 year girl to play football with Poland, alone!! That's not crying about ribbons.

Deleted User - 60107

- Stage one that is easy even for new players and incomplete Fellowships, but gives minimal Points and rewards
- Stage two of average difficulty (and evarage points and rewards), that should be possible to complete for most Fellowships
- Stage 3 one that is difficult, so only Fellowships with advanced players have a realistic chance of completing it but is also a lot more rewarding
o_O
My version allows even new players/fellowships to complete all three stages and get the end-of-stage rewards from each one. Your version does not.

DeletedUser2112

o_O

There are some players complaining about how difficult the goods and relics "pay" quests are for small fellowships, or fellowships with fewer members. I think the question we need to ask is "Should those fellowships be able to get the top(non-rank) prize easily?"
The other Fellowship based part of the game is tournaments, and to get the top prize there(non-rank) requires a lot of effort, and is also not attainable for small fellowships with fewer players.

It seems to me that Fellowship Adventures and Fellowship Tournaments both give incentive for building a full, powerful fellowship.

As an example my Winyandor FS that has members with scores between 23,000 and 200,000 (with one 400K new member) we are very close to becoming a "10 chest" FS. We started out as a 4-chest, and have slowly grown, improved and learned until now we are getting 9-10 each week.
This took a very long time, like from the invention of FS based tournaments until last week.
There is a great feeling of accomplishment in making progress as a team that wouldn't be there if they had just scaled down the tournament for us back when we had ~17 members.

There are 98 spots open in the top 100 fellowships on Winy, and many of those fellowships will take newer players that are active and willing to learn.
Being in a fellowship of all small players that isn't full is a choice. It can be fun to start small together and slowly grow as a team, but it will also be harder.

You know who is in favour of this FA,, the higher level players. You know who isn't in favour of this FA... those that can't do it. The balance is not there. We are expected to complete just as much as a high-level player, and we are ranked amongst the high-level player in the end. We are a new world... don't judge us against older worlds, we haven't had the advantages the older worlds have had.

DeletedUser1739

Why ask for different rewards?
Is not the effort the same?
What may seem easy for a big team is difficult for others. So why would they be less rewarded than a big team?
They will have as much pain as the big team.

Dony

King of Bugs
they will never balance any feature around new worlds, it doesnt make sense, in a few weeks you will be ready for next FA

DeletedUser2112

they will never balance any feature around new worlds, it doesnt make sense, in a few weeks you will be ready for next FA

We have done quite well as a fellowship, but the world is Ceravyn, and barely a year old. We have developed a rather cohesive fellowship. We have worked as hard as many of you in the past year, but we can't possibly be as strong as those who have been working for 3 years, that's ludicrous.

SoggyShorts

My version allows even new players/fellowships to complete all three stages and get the end-of-stage rewards from each one. Your version does not.
Instead of getting "minimal" rewards for completing stage 1, you want to get minimal rewards for completing 3 easy paths, one on each stage?
Still sounds exactly the same to me.
Is not the effort the same?
No, the effort is not the same. Those big fellowships spent a lot more time and effort building up their cities and recruiting players.
We have done quite well as a fellowship, but the world is Ceravyn, and barely a year old. We have developed a rather cohesive fellowship. We have worked as hard as many of you in the past year, but we can't possibly be as strong as those who have been working for 3 years, that's ludicrous.
Choosing to play on a new server means you can compete with other also newer players. It is a choice with consequences though, fewer trades, fewer FS with big players etc.
It would be liken to expecting a 12 year girl to play football with Poland, alone!
She'd probably win. Bahahahahahahahaha:hgrin:

DeletedUser2112

Choosing to play on a new server means you can compete with other also newer players. It is a choice with consequences though, fewer trades, fewer FS with big players etc.

And likewise the tournament should be based on the age of the world, and not the fellowships within the world. Well versed, I say, indubitably.

DeletedUser1739

Non, l'effort n'est pas le même. Ces grandes associations ont consacré beaucoup plus de temps et d'efforts à la construction de leurs villes et au recrutement de joueurs.

But recruiting or cities have nothing to do with adventures.
Do you not fear that, with your reasoning, these little brotherhoods will be abandoned?

DeletedUser2112

Do you not fear that, with your reasoning, these little brotherhoods will be abandoned?

"Pish-Posh, let them eat cake; little heathens. "

SoggyShorts

And likewise the tournament should be based on the age of the world, and not the fellowships within the world. Well versed, I say, indubitably.
But then wouldn't it just keep getting harder and harder as your world ages, so you would struggle to make any progress?
My FS has worked very hard over the last year to get to a point where we can do well in the tournament. I would not be happy if it kept getting harder as well.

What about the advanced players on newer servers? Ceryven US has several players in chapter 12, if the FA/Tournament was scaled to be easier just because the world is newer, then it would be too easy for them.
Of course recruiting matters.
Fellowship Adventures need a Fellowship. Of course having half a fellowship makes it harder, and so it should.
Not at all. They need to either recruit more, merge with another FS, or split up and fill other fellowships.
That has been the same for all fellowships on all servers since tournaments were introduced, and is still true with fellowship adventures.

Oh good, so you are listening, then.
Sneaky Scooby sees everything, she just gives us a pretty long leash.;)

DeletedUser2256

It would be liken to expecting a 12 year girl to play football with Poland, alone!!
Nice one ! Hahaha ! I'll quote that next time !

I really don't understand why half-full FS are complaining about FA. My FS is not full by now so → FA will be harder for my FS... that's all. How to fix that problem → i'll spend more time to recruit... nothing more. Same logic for the level or chapters.

Performance is not just about organisation or anticipation, size and level matter too.

Last edited by a moderator: