• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Arayla

Ritsel, we placed 9th - happy dance! This event needs to have some way to see results after it ends. For those who were offline and don't know, when the countdown timer ended, the FA map simply closed and I was back on my regular city screen. There was no popup screen saying which position we ended in or what our rewards were. Definitely a let down after all that work, especially since my instant still hasn't shown up.

Loki Blue

We won! And I'm proud to say that it wasn't because of any diamonds but because we had some great team work inside our fellowship!

Great job Team! :cool::D:D:D

I think this ^ is exactly what the devs are hoping for. Positive interactions within Fellowships, which can lead to more enjoyable gameplay for almost everyone, and more player engagement overall.

DeletedUser1767

i like that quality of product has priority over rushing it for release on live servers without further testing
I liked this comment so hard that I accidentally unliked it and got to like it again. It makes me really happy that they're doing this.

Maybe they could just offer the Masq. Pt II prize to the top X fellowships to finish the FA rather than running that event...

DeletedUser

@Marindor wrote
Hi everyone!

Just some upfront info: Next Monday we will run a second round of Fellowship Adventure testing on Beta

You are pulling my leg, right?
Could we please have a breather first :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser1901

I think a neat idea would be that once Fellowship Adventures are implemented, Events should be converted to "Solo Adventures", where the quests are on a special event map. An event map could be used for all sorts of plot devices, etc... and it's really awesome visually to see our progress.
I also think that a "Q" hot key could help the current "click quest, click decline, click confirm" drudgery that plagues us. Then, the quests could be in 4 tabs that we can move through. It would save us quite a few clicks if that was implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

We won! And I'm proud to say that it wasn't because of any diamonds but because we had some great team work inside our fellowship!

Great job Team! :cool::D:D:D
As your neighbor who visited you at least once during the event I'm just gonna go ahead and take partial credit for that win. ;)
Well done and congrats!

ophion

I'm absolutely amazed that people aren't up in arms complaining about this FA "game". It must be the most mind numbingly boring game ever invented and yet everyone seems ok with it? Just to sit for hours on end making goods after goods after goods without respite and having no time to live a life outside of Elvenar because you feel you might be letting down your fellowship friends is ridiculous. What on earth were Inno thinking of when they came up with this idea? To make matters even worse they are going to make a regular feature of it as if once wasn't enough to have us all yawning our heads off. Com'on guys we joined a city building game not to sit for hours making thousands of goods to gain a few rubbish buildings or FS points. Please give us something pleasurable to do for a change. If Tournaments weren't bad enough...we now have to contend with this FA fiasco. How many times do we make 50 beverages before the novelty wears off?...once!!!

DeletedUser

@ophion I totally agree with you. I started this game because I like to build a beautiful city, but the frequency and repetitiveness of tournaments and the events (both solo and FS), are becoming less and less fun.

This Fellowship Adventure was sort of fun to do, because it was something that would help with the interaction within our FS. But 1 time is really enough for me. The thought that this will be a monthly recurring event chills me to the bone.

I can't keep this up with 2 accounts, nor do I even want to try anymore. If this continues, I'm afraid I'm going to quit my beta city, because I will never be able to build it further into a nice city.

If this frequency and repetitiveness of the events is going to be the main goal of Elvenar, I'm going to quit altogether. I will shed a tear if I have to abandon my beautiful Dutch city and great fellowship(s) on both beta and NL, but I don't feel it is healthy do desperately hold on to a game, when the developers have ruined it.

SoggyShorts

@ophion @Ritsel

The key is to communicate with your FS, you don't need to make everything yourself.

In a FS of 25 players there should be a couple that are just starting a new chapter and can have 25 workshops. That's a beverage badge every 10 minutes. Also someone else with room can make a handful of level 1 non-boosted and crank those out.
If everyone else in the FS has 5 or 10 workshops (surely you have at least 5?) and runs their normal productions, just like every other day, they will complete badges by accident. We managed to complete the last FA in under 4 days with just 10 players.

Asking for fewer optional features and content in a game doesn't do anyone any good imo.
It's like a player saying "There are too many servers, I don't have time to run 7 cities plus my Beta account!"
In fact, if it's overwhelming, maybe playing on multiple worlds is the problem.

DeletedUser575

By eliminating game token carry-over I feel that you are putting the smaller FS at a greater disadvantage. A lot of us don't have the capacity to produce enough of the required tokens in the time allotted without relying on a little stockpiling. I suggest that, instead of eliminating the carry-over all together, put a limit on the qty that can be carried over.

Dony

King of Bugs
By eliminating game token carry-over I feel that you are putting the smaller FS at a greater disadvantage. A lot of us don't have the capacity to produce enough of the required tokens in the time allotted without relying on a little stockpiling. I suggest that, instead of eliminating the carry-over all together, put a limit on the qty that can be carried over.
even small FS can easily finish all 3 chests with coordination

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts
First, no matter how many (active!) players you have in your fellowship, the FA is very time-consuming and extreemly repetitive. Therefore I think that a few of my fellows on live, will try this once, and after that beg not to have to do it again. Because, let's face it, the FA has absolutely nothing to do with a fantasy city builder game! It's just endlessly boring production work.

So yes, I'm begging for fewer of these events, and pleading to get back to the core: Building a fantasy city! Let's have some real new features and content for that. Amaze me with a totally different chapter (not let's do exactly the same as the previous chapter, with only a different guestrace). Come up with totally new buildings to build, with a completely different function. Dazzle me with inventive solutions for the problems with trade, inactive neighbours, the struggle for kps, etc. etc.

Secondly, I started with my beta city to help make the game better before new features are launched on live (not that that always works). That's my only reason for having two cities. If all that I'm able to do is test events on beta, there's just not enough reason for me to continue. I don't think I will ever be able to test new chapters, because all these events are stagnating my progress in city building. So I might as well "test" new chapters on live, because there I already finished the Halflings, and awaiting a new chapter.

SoggyShorts

let's face it, the FA has absolutely nothing to do with a fantasy city builder game! It's just endlessly boring production work.
I think there's a disconnect between what you were sold on and what Elvenar needs to become to remain relevant in the online gaming world. If there was no combat, no tournament, no event, and no FA this game would die a slow quiet death.
I think the FA was added because a basic "fantasy city builder game" is a little bit like watching paint dry. I mean what do you do in your city that has completed halflings? Log in, start productions, dump Kp in a wonder and do visits? Without tournaments and events, why log in more than once a day for ~15 minutes? Even in cities that haven't completed all of the techs, once your upgrade times go higher than 16h there's not a whole lot to do. Earlier cities with times under 12h at least have a reason to log in 2x a day, but many players like having a reason to log in more often.
Let's have some real new features and content for that. Amaze me with a totally different chapter (not let's do exactly the same as the previous chapter, with only a different guestrace). Come up with totally new buildings to build, with a completely different function. Dazzle me with inventive solutions for the problems with trade, inactive neighbours, the struggle for kps, etc. etc.
I agree with all of this, as does everyone who plays the game, but having events and FA doesn't remove that. In fact they give us a reason to keep playing until other new features like you want are added.

DeletedUser

I think there's a disconnect between what you were sold on and what Elvenar needs to become to remain relevant in the online gaming world. If there was no combat, no tournament, no event, and no FA this game would die a slow quiet death.
I think the FA was added because a basic "fantasy city builder game" is a little bit like watching paint dry.

So why not focus on this problem in the heart of the game. Make it more interesting! The mother of all City Builders (SimCity) doesn't need combat, tournament or events, but instead challenges you to keep adjusting your city because of new demands of your population (just an example).
But here we started with a fantasy city-builder game, and it is turning in something completely different. The devs keep focusing on events, battle, and frivolous features (like the instants), while many or the original players just want to build a beautiful city.

I mean what do you do in your city that has completed halflings? Log in, start productions, dump Kp in a wonder and do visits? Without tournaments and events, why log in more than once a day for ~15 minutes? Even in cities that haven't completed all of the techs, once your upgrade times go higher than 16h there's not a whole lot to do. Earlier cities with times under 12h at least have a reason to log in 2x a day, but many players like having a reason to log in more often.

Agreed on Live I don't have much to do at the moment. But I'm in a really great FS, so I log in just to chat ;)

I agree with all of this, as does everyone who plays the game, but having events and FA doesn't remove that. In fact they give us a reason to keep playing until other new features like you want are added.

It may give you a reason to keep playing, but it gives me a reason to quit. I've almost giving up on new features that I would really like

ophion

@ SoggyShorts...you say a basic "fantasy city builder game" is like watching paint dry and you are probably right so to introduce other events and things to do are needed and important to the game. What I question is sitting at a computer for 12 hours a day for a whole week making beverages by the 50's over and over again isn't anything other than mind numbingly boring and is very much like watching paint dry to my mind.
Why not have a treasure hunt game or something interesting with clues to finding certain objects etc and winning a prize worth having at the end of it...not a measly little mana building and a load of useless instants. We worked a whole week in the FA event and that's all we got to show for it after mindlessly making goods after goods after goods until we were sick to death of the whole event. Now they saying we are going to get these monthly I seriously have to question the sanity of some of the devs.