• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Pauly7

How about just making it any MA recipe.
That would make it more palatable and that's one thing I've called for since they had this idea, but thinking about it, it still doesn't solve the issue in competition if it just means that the teams that made 1,000 residue badges before, now make 3,000 and still push their resources to the limit in order to win.

The above, though, is only true if those teams still have enough of all the other badges to create that continuing need to make more residues. Perhaps with the 1 VV per residue format that would no longer be the case. I would certainly happily like to see it in action.

Pauly7

The residues do not only not concern the mayority, they pose a problem exclusively for those competing for top 10. In my live world even reaching top 20 only took 20 rounds in the pit. And that comes to down to two residues per player and day which is perfectly reasonable without using timeboosters or diamonds.

If anything, I would like to see more of these natural badges. In particular a gather x amounts of supplies badge instead of either farmers or blacksmiths
That's all very well, but FA is all about competition. I'm not saying it isn't good to come 20th and a team can be proud of that, but what happens next time? Next time you want to finish 15th. If you don't want to climb higher on that leaderboard then you don't care about the positions at all and in which case it just comes down to completing the maps. So as I say, without competition it's pointless and if people are competing then they want to improve. Then naturally it gets to the point where you can no longer improve without having all your resources ransacked... All because of the negative impact of the Arcane Residue.

Lelanya

I really felt that to make enough I was needing to do wasteful things that I would not do during normal game play. And that was just a test to have an idea of what it would be like to compete to win. It left little enthusiasm for that. I have 6 libraries out in my live game now to build up CC, but I still don't want to use them on useless stuff.
This!! Is exactly what I mean. I do not craft relics as a rule but I do during FA, in order to be a team player. I have cities I play every day, some full time, some part time. I have cities I cannot play every day, and that certainly includes my Beta city, so FA can run me dangerously low on relics ir spell fragments ( I am aware that sounds crazy, but there it is).

CrazyWizard

I really felt that to make enough I was needing to do wasteful things that I would not do during normal game play. And that was just a test to have an idea of what it would be like to compete to win. It left little enthusiasm for that. I have 6 libraries out in my live game now to build up CC, but I still don't want to use them on useless stuff.
5m 15m productions to me are way way way worse, extremely boring beyond reason. I even disliked the 1 hour version, 3H, 9H 1 day,
I rather have VV like options.

I do not understand that you save hundreds of cc for a fellowship event, and then dislike it to use them on "junk".

On 1 of my accounts I make every single recipe that rewards 3vv or better per cc, and because I have more CC than I can spend on that I also buy for example the 10 cc for 29vv recipe and some others that have and almost 3 vv per cc.

Yes it's junk, but I love the mystery chests.

In my other city I make every timebooster, petfood, combat building and sometimes KP instants.

besides that, if you just want to play the FA with your fellows you do not need all that, if you want to play competitive and you need all that stuff and prep for it. it's not better nor worse than the old 5 minute productions with 200 workshops for which you destroyed your entire town.

it's a choice you make, to prep and go all out and pay the price for it, or play it ignore the ranking and just enjoy it. in that case the VV one is no issue at all as you do not need dumb amounts and therefore you can share the burden and it's tiny per player.

little bee

That's all very well, but FA is all about competition. I'm not saying it isn't good to come 20th and a team can be proud of that, but what happens next time? Next time you want to finish 15th. If you don't want to climb higher on that leaderboard then you don't care about the positions at all and in which case it just comes down to completing the maps. So as I say, without competition it's pointless and if people are competing then they want to improve. Then naturally it gets to the point where you can no longer improve without having all your resources ransacked... All because of the negative impact of the Arcane Residue.
Well, the point of competition ist that you can only be the best, if you are better than everyone else. And that translates naturally into spending more than everyone else. Before you needed more space and more time, especially in the minutes before the end. Now, you need more timeboosters than everyone else. Neither is natural gameplay when competing for top 10. The difference is that the residues are unnatural only for the most competitive guilds while the lv. 1 buildings are destructive for everyone.

CrazyWizard

IMHO time instants are too valuable (hard to get) to be wasted by the hundreds

since I try on my main account to het the absolute maximum out of a tournament, yes for me.
But when you are going for 5k or less, you have plenty to spare.
1610656036863.png
1610656062343.png

This is from my other city, I just can;t get rid of them, every now and then I just use timeboosters for extra CC, just because I can.

Maybe people do not want to make the choice between maxing out tournaments and go insane at the FA, but I think it's healty that you might need to make choices and cant default to be "the best" at everything.

maxiqbert

since I try on my main account to het the absolute maximum out of a tournament, yes for me.
But when you are going for 5k or less, you have plenty to spare.
View attachment 8545View attachment 8546
This is from my other city, I just can;t get rid of them, every now and then I just use timeboosters for extra CC, just because I can.

Maybe people do not want to make the choice between maxing out tournaments and go insane at the FA, but I think it's healty that you might need to make choices and cant default to be "the best" at everything.
well, that's not a lot
when you reach the point where you have several days for one exploration and need to have some done to enter the next chapter, you can use up quite a lot of those

edit : it sure is a lot of the big ones, but those aren't what you use for the residues

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

I think locking waypoints would be beneficial without compromising strategy. Teams use spreadsheets, an erasing chat, unfiltered inbox messages and many, many google translations to get our teams in sync. I feel like this makes less fun and excitement for FA. No matter how much you want to accomplish, you can do all paths, with mistake collections and half a team but we isolate and exclude many players. For quality of life and equality, let teams decide together and lock waypoints. Its not anyone's fault if English and Russian don't translate well or any other combination of languages. I hope we aren't meant to exclude players on basis they don't all speak one language conversationally..... I get that there might only be English in their game play ( main quests, descriptions etc ), but conversational English is not easy, I taught it for years and tutored professional adults.

Playing a game is not meant to make players feel less excited because they cannot follow what is happening. Even on Live US servers i have several players not speaking English as their first language. FA is not very intuitive to begin with, so asking player to look at pictures created outside of Elvenar, asking fellows to open alternate links, alternate chats and websites to complete the task of 1 path to the flag, does not equal fun in click based game. Everything we need to succeed at FA should be in the game, provided by the game. Please give AM and Mages the ability to lock spots and focus their team to use less Non Elvenar resources to play Elvenar.

edeba

5m 15m productions to me are way way way worse, extremely boring beyond reason. I even disliked the 1 hour version, 3H, 9H 1 day,
I rather have VV like options.

I do not understand that you save hundreds of cc for a fellowship event, and then dislike it to use them on "junk".

On 1 of my accounts I make every single recipe that rewards 3vv or better per cc, and because I have more CC than I can spend on that I also buy for example the 10 cc for 29vv recipe and some others that have and almost 3 vv per cc.

Yes it's junk, but I love the mystery chests.

In my other city I make every timebooster, petfood, combat building and sometimes KP instants.

besides that, if you just want to play the FA with your fellows you do not need all that, if you want to play competitive and you need all that stuff and prep for it. it's not better nor worse than the old 5 minute productions with 200 workshops for which you destroyed your entire town.

it's a choice you make, to prep and go all out and pay the price for it, or play it ignore the ranking and just enjoy it. in that case the VV one is no issue at all as you do not need dumb amounts and therefore you can share the burden and it's tiny per player.
I am not disagreeing that getting rid of the workshop badges was a bad idea and I've advocated that they went the wrong way on the farmer and BS with doubling the farmer requirement instead of halving the BS, which would probably enable most players competing to have a couple extra fully levelled t1 manufacturers, or libraries, etc., out instead of the massive number of workshops that are still required to compete. That would simply be better for everyone. But, I think I'd like badges that require an amount of supplies like we have an amount of goods for the bracelet over making it so we really do need to put in a bunch of level 1 manufacturers. There could be NH badges. I do like it how necklaces and statues were changed, so everyone can use 1x2 buildings now, and you can use the ones that best fit your city.

Enevhar Aldarion

I just found out something annoying. I completed a squad upgrade research earlier today and the number of troops needed to make the Guard badge increased with it.

edeba

I just found out something annoying. I completed a squad upgrade research earlier today and the number of troops needed to make the Guard badge increased with it.
That doesn't make any sense because that doesn't increase your ability to make troops faster. Was it an optional or required SS upgrade?

FieryArien

That doesn't make any sense because that doesn't increase your ability to make troops faster. Was it an optional or required SS upgrade?
Just like the “train units” quests in events, also the Guard badge is based on your squad size. If Enevhar’s squad size increased by activating a SS upgrade tech, the base number in the equation changed (up) and therefore the requirement for the Guard badge changed (up). I’m not saying it’s good or bad, it’s just how this works.

Enevhar Aldarion

An optional one in chapter 9. But research in general does not change requirements for badges, unless it is the first research of a chapter. It also jumped by more than the squad size was increased. It went up by about 300 troops required to make the badge. And no military buildings or AWs were leveled up at the same time, so the research is the only thing that could have done it. Unless this is some sort of glitch or bug.

edeba

By any chance: does the number of units in the Guard badge happen to be 3x your squad size?
In my case it’s 1485 for Guard badge while my squad size is 495.
That's exactly what it is. But, I think since the guard badge is the most abundant, it doesn't make any difference. If they had it set up so it was a challenge to get, it would be punitive.

Deleted User - 81190

An optional one in chapter 9. But research in general does not change requirements for badges, unless it is the first research of a chapter. It also jumped by more than the squad size was increased. It went up by about 300 troops required to make the badge. And no military buildings or AWs were leveled up at the same time, so the research is the only thing that could have done it. Unless this is some sort of glitch or bug.
But you also get more troops from your AWs and troop instants. It's the flipside of SS research.

galrond

Yes seems like guard badge demand is 3*SS.
I think it´s lame, that it doesn´t follow chapter.
Even if you get more troops from AWs and troop instants due to SS, I still think most ppl. vastly depend on military buildings for troops. So yet another "punishment for progression" :rolleyes:
You could argue, that guard badges seldom are the bottleneck. But that don´t make it right.