• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

PaNonymeB

Actually, I think the bracelet concept can introduce somewhat interesting mechanics. FA-oriented fellowships then have an additional challenge to share their cities between leveled factories (for bracelets) and shantytown for other badges. However it should be changed to accept all goods, else players will remove their T2 and T3 factories to put additional T1 or level 1 workshops/factories and it will create a goods imbalance in FA-competitve fellowships.
On the other side, Arcane Residue should be banned (or maybe changed to craft 1 recipe). It involves (almost) no skill and is only based on luck, and puts an hard cap (that can only be overcome by :diamond:) on number of badges that can be done. It isn't supposed to be a gambling game.

Last edited:

little bee

This week I needed 17.8K for one bracelet. I have 5 manufactories level 19 (maxed out) and they produce 2136 each every 3 hours with a spell on all of them. Since yesterday I need 22K for one bracelet (yes, that was a mistake) and I run out of spells. So I would say that I am able to make 3 per day, but I am the exception because I work from a homeoffice and therefor I can collect whenever I want.
So without any spells you need only one daily collection for the 22k. In a full fellowship this would allow you to finish all 3 paths. In a 10 member fellowship it would still allow you to finish the green path. I think that the average casual player will be quite content with that.

guivou

2 ways of playing FA
casual : one path per map , in that case bracelets are not trouble (55 for 3 path ) neither residue (blue path require only 21 !!)
top ranking : that require sacrifice and city adaptation and a good preparation,
for previous FA preparation = lot of space , execution lot of clicks
for new FA preparation upgrade T1 , spare spell and combined catalyst, time booster , execution collect T1 every 3h and open magic academy every 6 h and craft maximum possible item regarding stock of combined catalyst , far less clicks

SoggyShorts

In a full fellowship this would allow you to finish all 3 paths. In a 10 member fellowship it would still allow you to finish the green path. I think that the average casual player will be quite content with that.
I think the real issue that you keep missing when you continue to point out that a player can make a badge per day is that it's such a bottleneck that it ruins the fun.

If your FS can make 120% of the Bracelet badges needed for just the green path but is capable of making 500% of the other badges needed then there is going to be frustration and a general feeling of "What's the point?"
  • When I wake up I can collect one Elvarian Guard badge per Barracks/Merc/Grounds, but I simply swipe all 3 because what's the point?
  • When I'm in the spire I could get a dozen Ghost in a Bottle badges by going to the top, but what's the point?
When I'm doing the tournament
  • I could get a marble badge every 3 encounters, but what's the point?
  • I could get a Ghost in a Bottle every 4 encounters, but what's the point?
  • I could get a Witch hat every 2 encounters, but what's the point?
Once you hit the pit it asks for 5 of each badge, but if there is a hard cap on 2 badge types then ALL other badges can basically be ignored.

Yes, some fellowships can and will adapt to excel at this by teleporting in and out a bunch of max level T1 manus, but for the vast majority of fellowships, the beauty of the FA was that
each player could contribute badges that suited their style, availability, and city, and every badge mattered.

This is now destroyed.
  • You can only log in twice a day? No problem, make farmer's badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • You can only log in once a day? No problem, make Blacksmith or Necklace badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • You are available all day long? Great, make Dwarf&Carp badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • Oh, you're a tournament hero? Awesome, you can cover Hats, Ghosts, and Marbles... but we don't need anymore of those because we're totally stuck on bracelets no matter what.
The issue isn't just that bracelets and residue are difficult to make, it's that they have made all other badges irrelevant, and that's a bad thing.

Last edited:

Karvest

In our FS there was no "all other badges irrelevant". We were often stopped on statues etc. Yes, final stop was on bracelets, but it could be statues/blacksmiths/etc as well. And current format is way more suited for
each player could contribute badges that suited their style, availability, and city.
Those who can't produce a lot of bracelets can produce statues. Those who don't want to fill their cities with lvl1 thrash can gather more bracelets. If there are not many tournament active players - even marbles and ghosts can become very valuable.

SoggyShorts

Those who don't want to fill their cities with lvl1 thrash can gather more bracelets.
Nope, not without timers/diamonds, and that's the point.
Residues and Bracelets make all other badges so unimportant that they are almost completed by accident.

Sure, you need a few Statues but we made all of the needed statues using one player who completed them in 5 minutes after the FA started. So yeah, even statues are irrelevant compared to those 2.

Karvest

If you would be better prepared for bracelets - you'd need more statues as well. Even our not really FA active FS with 2 players missing and a few not doing anything but their normal gameplay managed to close 35 full cycles of pit on top of almost full 3 maps (skipped cheap waypoints asking for bracelets and residues on last map).
Maybe bracelets need some balancing changes, but I like them way more than statues etc even in their current state...

SoggyShorts

If you would be better prepared for bracelets
How does one "better prepare" to make massive amounts of unneeded T1?
Have several factories and their supporting population buildings that you teleport in and out of your city every FA?
1. that seems like something only the top FS could even consider
2. I don't think that's any better than a shanty town.

Heymrdiedier

I think the real issue that you keep missing when you continue to point out that a player can make a badge per day is that it's such a bottleneck that it ruins the fun.

If your FS can make 120% of the Bracelet badges needed for just the green path but is capable of making 500% of the other badges needed then there is going to be frustration and a general feeling of "What's the point?"
  • When I wake up I can collect one Elvarian Guard badge per Barracks/Merc/Grounds, but I simply swipe all 3 because what's the point?
  • When I'm in the spire I could get a dozen Ghost in a Bottle badges by going to the top, but what's the point?
When I'm doing the tournament
  • I could get a marble badge every 3 encounters, but what's the point?
  • I could get a Ghost in a Bottle every 4 encounters, but what's the point?
  • I could get a Witch hat every 2 encounters, but what's the point?
Once you hit the pit it asks for 5 of each badge, but if there is a hard cap on 2 badge types then ALL other badges can basically be ignored.

Yes, some fellowships can and will adapt to excel at this by teleporting in and out a bunch of max level T1 manus, but for the vast majority of fellowships, the beauty of the FA was that
each player could contribute badges that suited their style, availability, and city, and every badge mattered.

This is now destroyed.
  • You can only log in twice a day? No problem, make farmer's badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • You can only log in once a day? No problem, make Blacksmith or Necklace badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • You are available all day long? Great, make Dwarf&Carp badges, they'll help, but not anymore, we'll end up with 50 of those left over anyways.
  • Oh, you're a tournament hero? Awesome, you can cover Hats, Ghosts, and Marbles... but we don't need anymore of those because we're totally stuck on bracelets no matter what.
The issue isn't just that bracelets and residue are difficult to make, it's that they have made all other badges irrelevant, and that's a bad thing.

Honestly, im looking forward to the bracelets thingy. Im (lately deliberatly) low chapter, so the amount of goods needed arent that bad for me. I can make several bracelets each 3 hours. And that way my FS can concentrate on the other badges aswell.
But this is just like tournament, its easier for the low chapters, too easy compared to how hard it is for the later chapters. Its the new elvenar game model. Don't grow and enjoy, or grow and get frustrated.....

Karvest

Due to new tournaments everybody need way more T1 now, and this FA is a good way to increase overall T1 production on servers. But I won't be upset if they change it to all tiers

Karvest

Inno want us to be active in tourney/spire, that's not a breaking news. And there are enough caterers server-wise to utilize T1 produced during this FA.

SoggyShorts

Inno want us to be active in tourney/spire, that's not a breaking news. And there are enough caterers server-wise to utilize T1 produced during this FA.
I don't see how that's relevant. It's easy to get 10 chests and the full spire without any T1 goods, and the catering costs for doing so have barely moved.
Again, needing more T1 is just a 1% issue, and I don't see that as being their catering bottleneck either compared to orcs and other tiers.

Adding 4 or 5 T1 buildings and the required pop that you absolutely do not need is no different than adding the 50 level 1 workshops (which you hate) except that they aren't temporary unless you have a buttload of teleport spells.

Karvest

Of course I mean relative to T2 and T3.
If you anyway teleporting half of your city for FA, I find the big stash of goods a way more valuable result than just time, clicks and space wasted on lvl1 buildings.