• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Dimma

I think the bracelets and arcane residue were far to expensive to make. Kinda sucked the fun out of it, otherwise I liked the new FA.
Was a bit dissapointed of the prizes though, I think that the amount of work that was put in to make these changes the black lotus felt outdated.

Enevhar Aldarion

I am not a fan of the bracelet change or the residue, but like others said, I like the slowdown it brings to the Pit. Stopping fellowships getting 1000-2000 points in 15 minutes keeps it more competitive.

galrond

I and several other players I know need exactly zero T1 every tournament, just like before the changes.
I think you might only be thinking of top players, not "everybody".
I´m in NO way a top tournament/spire player. I use lots of different goods in both spire and tournament. I think, that it´s you @SoggyShorts , that don´t look beyound your own cities.
Ofc if you don´t need T1 (or T2, T3, orcks) then you´ll think producing them unnessesary. But not everybody does.
But I´m pretty sure, that everybody thinks making a lot of L1 buildings to gain badges is contra productive. Maybe some will say, that´s part of the charm of FA: Wreacking your city to earn small rewards.

the second
I think some FS will be forced to become casual and that is not a good thing.
For the last many FA the general concensus in my FS has been: Lets make one path on each map, and then be done with it. The introductions of new badges will change NOTHING. The FS of my biggest city could easily do more in FA. We just deem, that´s not worth the effort.

Karvest

For the last many FA the general concensus in my FS has been: Lets make one path on each map, and then be done with it.
We just deem, that´s not worth the effort.
Same was here for a long time, but with new format we decided to try (thanks to limited badges, without limit we wouldn't waste our time) and finished second.

Aeva

I'm in a casual FS with lots of smaller cities. We came in 11th and that's fine. But though we struggled with the bracelets, it was the arcane residu that stopped us from completing the third map and in the end in the pits.
I would love to see those two changed (all goods for bracelet and 10 vision vapor for arcane) before we go live. Because there I do not play in a casual FS but in an allround top guild.

galrond

I don't see how that's relevant. It's easy to get 10 chests and the full spire without any T1 goods, and the catering costs for doing so have barely moved.
Again, needing more T1 is just a 1% issue, and I don't see that as being their catering bottleneck either compared to orcs and other tiers.

Adding 4 or 5 T1 buildings and the required pop that you absolutely do not need is no different than adding the 50 level 1 workshops (which you hate) except that they aren't temporary unless you have a buttload of teleport spells.
Quite frankly @SoggyShorts :"It´s easy to get 10 chests and the full spire without any T1 goods". That may be true for you, but not for everybody. Plz look beyond your own city/FS.
On DK servers almost all cross-tier trades are ppl. wanting T1 for T2/T3. That wouldn´t be the case if you were right about "nobody needs T1".

Last edited:

guivou

We came in 11th and that's fine. But though we struggled with the bracelets, it was the arcane residu that stopped us from completing the third map and in the end in the pits.
it's not the residue that stop you , but a choice not to secure a path on each map and then complete more point for a good result (we finish 63 but reached the pit and never try 52 residue in orange path...)

PaNonymeB

A weird addition has been made to FR wiki today : https://fr.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Aventures_de_confrérie#Objets_d.E2.80.99aventures
A disclaimer has been added : "The list of badges is being modified and is subject to change."
Bracelet, Necklace, Statue and Witch's Hat descriptions have been changed to "Produce a good amount of Basic goods", "Produce 3×24h Basic goods", "Produce 2×48h Basic goods", and "Collect 2 spells Magical Manufactoring, Power of Provision, Ensorcelled Endownment" respectively.
No badges have been removen from the list and all old badges' descriptions except the aforementioned four (this includes Farmer's) haven't been changed.
Five new badges have been added to the list :
Ghost in a bottle : Solve 3 Spire encounters or 3 Tournament encounters
Druid's Staff : Gain 1 Combining Catalyst
Arcane Residue : Gain 10 Vision Vapor
Elemental Marbles : Gain 8 relics
Enchanted Tiara : Use 3 spells (Power of Provision, Ensorcelled Endownment, Magical Manufactoring or Inspired Meditation)
The new badges are not listed in EN wiki page that hasn't been updated yet.
In thread https://fr.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/erreurs-sur-nouveaux-badges.22804/, a CM claimed he added this to the wiki as preparation for the upcoming Fellowship Adventure and the numbers aren't confirmed yet. The only conclusion so far is that the requirements for several badges may be reduced between beta and live.

Aeva

it's not the residue that stop you , but a choice not to secure a path on each map and then complete more point for a good result (we finish 63 but reached the pit and never try 52 residue in orange path...)
It is the residu that stopped us. We were not so dumb not to secure the flag. The first two maps were not difficult at all. On the third map we struggled at every point bracelets and/or residu were asked. And those were the ones we did not finish in the end. Point not going into the pit: if we don't have these two badges on the map we also not have them in the pit. So we delayed the pit to yesterday. And the residu stopped us in the end. Like SoggyShorts said: what is the fun if you have plenty of all the badges except the ones that are to difficult?

SoggyShorts

If you anyway teleporting half of your city for FA, I find the big stash of goods a way more valuable result than just time, clicks and space wasted on lvl1 buildings.
See? This is what I mean. I do not believe that normal, average players are using a bunch of teleport spells for the FA. Normal, average players hardly have any teleports for starters.
Quite frankly @SoggyShorts :"It´s easy to get 10 chests and the full spire without any T1 goods". That may be true for you, but not for everybody. Plz look beyond your own city/FS.
Sorry, but it's a fact that a mid-level player can get 1600 points using ONLY auto fight, it's not just me.
Perhaps being in a 90,000 point FS explains your bias towards "needing" goods.

Karvest

See? This is what I mean. I do not believe that normal, average players are using a bunch of teleport spells for the FA. Normal, average players hardly have any teleports for starters.
Normal average players won't be using them in new format as well. That's needed only for hardcore FA fellowships fighting for the top spots.

galrond

Sorry, but it's a fact that a mid-level player can get 1600 points using ONLY auto fight, it's not just me.
Perhaps being in a 90,000 point FS explains your bias towards "needing" goods.
It was not so much the 10 chests I opposed against. It was the full spire.
And btw. shouldn´t being in a 90k FS rather make me argue "military solves all", as you do. Well that is unless you think 90k is low o_O I don´t. We´re proud to do 90k.

The Silent One

I have checked various member's cities and come to the conclusion that you can make a maximum of about 5 bracelets per day; the average for my fighting members with 6 - 8 maxed factories boosted with lots of MM's and playing all day long is about 3-4 per day, and normal players ought to be able to do 1 or 2.
That is more than enough for a fellowship to finish the current FA, if all 25 participate.
I think this was a very cunning move from the designers and I commend them on it! It is the best way to stop city-packing with hundreds of level one buildings like an immense shanty town - because bracelets and tiaras (15 vision vapor) now seem to be the limiting factor, and shanty-packing will get you no further than your fellowship's maximum production of those limiting items.
:)

I still think that the best way to make the FA fair and universally accessible would be to have one 'easy' path to the top in every Stage (particularly Stage Three), for the weaker fellowships who just want the stage prizes - and the other two more difficult for the groups that want ranking points.
I agree with most of your thoughts and really like your last one. I suppose I found them hard in my city because we are a fellowship full of new cities! But we did rank in the top 50 and got the two hat artifacts so it was worth it. But bracelets and residue did hold us up. In the end it was blacksmiths that got us!
Happy Gaming

The Silent One

Frankly, with witch artefact or not, I am not enjoying this fa... and perhaps the witch artefact will be found once in crafting...

1) for the new or low chapters players, it is more a difficult if not impossible burden than an enjoyable team event;
catalysts, vision vapor, lots of relics and enchantments... if you take in consideration the fact that a catalyst takes a long time in academy, around 19 hours, it is very difficult. And too much relics too...
So my advice to small players is to do some brewers and to leech;

2) necklace for 8900? way too much;

the typos in descriptions of the badges have already been adressed.

Why always focus on marble, steel and planks? why not to give badges for boosted productions instead? it should be more rewarding and nicer towards the users...

And, please, change the prizes, they are worthless.... put some nice evolving buildings for a change.
yes, instead of 9hr, 1day or 2day builds, it could x amount of T1, T2, T3 goods!

galrond

But the spire hasn't changed, so why would you suddenly need more T1?
This doesn't track with thinking that the FA asking for mass T1 is fine because "we need more due to the recent tournament changes"
I was you who said
I don't see how that's relevant. It's easy to get 10 chests and the full spire without any T1 goods, and the catering costs for doing so have barely moved.
I haven´t said, that I needed MORE T1 for spire. I HAVE said, that I needed T1 for spire. I also need T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, orcs, seeds, mana, coins and supplies.
I can´t fight my way through the spire now, and I couldn´t fight my way trough it before the tournament changes.
I suport the idea of T2 and T3 goods being counted as well, and I frankly don´t understand why they´re not.
But I do not "fear" the marked being flooded by T1 goods.
Currently the marked is full of ppl. trying to buy T1 in exchange of T2 and T3. So don´t worry, you´ll easily be able to sell your T1 (or keep them to mitigate next T1 draught) :cool:
There´s absolutely no reason to sweeten the deal. Ppl. will pr. instinct produce T2/T3, when it´s WAY more space efficient to produce those, and trade them for T1.
Is this what you read as me applauding "mass T1 production on the expense of T2 and T3"?
Then plz know, that my focus is on line one: make T2 and T3 count as well.
I DO use more goods in the new tournament. I mostly fight my way trough, but IMO catering has become a more viable solution for me. I´m fully aware that this isn´t the case for most ppl. But I also know, that some ppl do most tournament using catering. They could argue: Why is there a badge for producing troops. Troops are completely unnessesary.
As well as they have to accept troops are important for most ppl, then others have accept that goods are importent to them.
I don´t want to discuss what the most efficient way to play is. I have my ideas on how to play the game, but I won´t judge if someone plays it differently, and have fun doing it their way.

SoggyShorts

I haven´t said, that I needed MORE T1 for spire.
Sigh. If you're going to jump in when I'm responding to karvest at least follow the thread of the conversation:

S> bracelets suck because they are a bottleneck since you can make so few of them compared to the other badges.
K> It's fine, everyone needs more T1 now because of tournament changes
S> I don't, and many other players have also not seen an increase in T1 requirements because they are not 1600+ cater players.

That's it really. I still think that making the use of mass teleports/timers/diamonds the only viable ways to keep bracelet production in line with the production levels of other badges is crap, and I've seen nothing that changes my mind.

Even if some players now need more T1 because they are heavy tournament players, they do not need 4-5 more T1 factories than before which is what is needed to keep up with other FA badge production.

Last edited: