• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival 2021

Deleted User - 88256

The 3 chest system is boring and just far too luck-based. The last time I had one city hit that 5% chance at 500 three times and another missed it every time. Way too powerful an RNG. No "strategy" can beat RNG ---
Well, then it's not the 3-chest system in itself, but this specific chest with 500 currency @ 5% which had been made the best last time we had the chest system. Remove this chest and the system becomes much less luck-based, as the shuffleboard.

Pauly7

In the mist event not only did I get enough artifacts, I got a second building up to level 4. It wasn't a fluke either as I did that in all 3 cities.
Actually strategy-based, and even some skill involved+++
Same. I built my second Witch's Hut to level 4 because it's good to get those extra frogs and orcs. All in all I wasn't happy with the Misty Forest mechanics though, because it seemed even more hit and miss whether I was going to end up with any prizes after wandering around in the trees.

SoggyShorts

I like the chest system, it's not as random as someone seems to suggest.
There is some random in all systems
I'm fine with a little bit of random, it's the big swings I can't support. Like spire results of 0 and 10 artifacts, or my 3x500 vs 0x500
I don't want between 5 and 30 daily prizes, I'd rather have 15-25, or even closer.
Between the wife and I 1 or 2 cities always gets totally borked with 50% fewer wins than the rest, and it's not fun.
Well, then it's not the 3-chest system in itself, but this specific chest with 500 currency @ 5% which had been made the best last time we had the chest system. Remove this chest and the system becomes much less luck-based, as the shuffleboard.
Just one of the obviously many examples.
Sure, remove all of the % chance to win more currency from chests and then the RNG part drops very significantly. I didn't think that option was on the table, but I'd support it.

Deleted User - 88256

Sure, remove all of the % chance to win more currency from chests and then the RNG part drops very significantly. I didn't think that option was on the table, but I'd support it.
Indeed. But 500 @5% is the one that generates the most variation.

CrazyWizard

I'm fine with a little bit of random, it's the big swings I can't support. Like spire results of 0 and 10 artifacts, or my 3x500 vs 0x500
I don't want between 5 and 30 daily prizes, I'd rather have 15-25, or even closer.
Between the wife and I 1 or 2 cities always gets totally borked with 50% fewer wins than the rest, and it's not fun.

The chest random is most prevalent if you get the "biggest chest" but there are plenty strategies you can use to even out the odds.
There is no way you'll end up with 0 or 3 artefacts in the chest system.

But more likely is like between 9 and 12 of you choose the right strategy. off course you can choose to risk it all and end with 6 or so, but thats a choice you make.

Pauly7

I said spire. Both your getting 5 vs another player getting 0 in the spire and my city getting 500x3 or 500x0 in an event suck.
Those are bad RNGs
Of course, ignoring the big chest is most likely the best strategy, unless you're wanting to go after the KP prizes.

CrazyWizard

I said spire. Both your getting 5 vs another player getting 0 in the spire and my city getting 500x3 or 500x0 in an event suck.
Those are bad RNGs

yes the 6 weeks spire thing is way to random since it's "only 6 weeks" but this is the carnival thread, not the spire thread.

Arthus

RNG in both spire and events should be banned by EU laws.
It's lootbox mechanic, causing addiction to hazard.

Effort should equal rewards, not luck.
Endless questline should return to reward most time spending but it won't because company earns on hazard.

chris0707070707

Endless questline should return to reward most time spending

Let me remind you what you were complaining about all the time. Screenshot taken by you:

0cd27d9e233b5.jpg

Would you really like to see more views of that kind ? Better think twice ;)

CrazyWizard

Endless questline should return to reward most time spending but it won't because company earns on hazard.

Hmm so all games on and offline should be banned, because as long as there is a luck factor involved it should be banned, how boring would our lives become.
Lootboxes are only lootboxes if you invest money it it to gamble. you can play the spire just fine without any money involved.

Enevhar Aldarion

No, it is not a lootbox mechanic unless the only way to get the best stuff is to spend real money. The Netherlands passed lootbox laws a couple of years ago, which forced several games to no longer be available there. I wonder if that is part of the reason Inno stopped doing the events with the three big grand prizes, where it was nearly impossible to get all three without spending money?

DeletedUser2378

Today's Aureate Willow daily exclusive is beautifully designed!!! My fellowship team mates are all swooning over it. :)

Loving this event so far! There are a lot of 'gain relics' or 'solve encounter' quests for this particular event, which is okay. I'm not a big fan of gaining so many relics but it's doable.
Lots of fun daily exclusives and enjoying the treasure chest options/prizes too!

Lovec Krys

The only problem is that it is again pop/cult/mana instead of needed cult/mana, and that extra pop means that 2 chapters old Lava Eggs are 50% more productive for mana than this.

Deleted User - 92255

The tooltip in the game has a running time of 12 hours and Elvenarchitekt 24 hours, with the values in the game it wouldn't be so bad !