• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor (actually the devs, but I cant ask them directly)
You had (at least) 3 options:
1) Add a new tab to the manufactories for Sentient Goods. So the first tab is the Standard good, wth the options we are all familiar with, and the second tab is with the options for the new goods
2) Expand the current tab to include the new goods (making it more similar to workshops)
3) Remove some of the current options and add the new goods in their place
And out of those three you guys chose number 3? Why? I honestly don't get it. This way we lose some of the exisitng options AND we miss out on 24 and 48 hour productions for the new goods. The only good thing about this setup is that this way we can't have quests asking for 24-hour or 48-hour Sentient Goods productions.

Will Sentient Goods appear in Neighbourly Help chests?
No, this is not planned for now and shouldn't be needed balancing wise.
Way to decrease the value of Neighbourly Help and of the Lighthouse/Bell Spire.

DeletedUser2256

It would be too easy imo. As he said, this new chapter is challenging, it makes sense for a high-level chapter. It's ok (for me) to mix technical simplicity with the challenge.

Then again, why give some Sentient Goods with Neighbourly help? Why should this change? To make it more convenient? Meh.

The more challenging the chapter is, the more time it will take to finish it. And again i'm ok with that.

SoggyShorts

The only good thing about this setup is that this way we can't have quests asking for 24-hour or 48-hour Sentient Goods productions.
This isn't even a good thing since if you upgrade your non T4 buildings past level 23 you will also lose the 24/48h options, which effects events.:(

DeletedUser1657

This isn't even a good thing since if you upgrade your non T4 buildings past level 23 you will also lose the 24/48h options, which effects events.:(

I can only assume it is a new challenge for us to consider and overcome both in terms of normal play and events. This one really makes you think a lot more about your space and how you have it allocated Looks like a decent challenge to find the peak efficiency for your goals.

SoggyShorts

I can only assume it is a new challenge for us to consider and overcome both in terms of normal play and events. This one really makes you think a lot more about your space and how you have it allocated Looks like a decent challenge to find the peak efficiency for your goals.
I'm not sure it's a new challenge, for me it just means building 3 more level 1 T1 buildings for events, or using my T1 for the 9h instead of 24h quests.
Really the impact won't be significant except in the FA, but maybe they'll fix that nasty quest system before the next one?

Marindor

but maybe they'll fix that nasty quest system before the next one?

Changing a quest system is not as simple as it may sound so I wouldn't count on that yet. As you know, we've had a lot of other stuff to work on lately :)

About the 24/48 hour productions: Is was a game design choice to remove them from Level 24+ manufactories, indeed to bring more challenge to this chapter so they won't be added. You may think it is annoying to have to miss those, but actually it triggers you to adjust your game style and strategic choices to adapt to this new situation. It's part of the challenge :)

DeletedUser332

I suppose in a practical sense, losing 24/48h options on T4 manufactories isn't a huge deal. We're only going to be using those to produce T4 goods anyway, as I don't suspect anyone wants to build an unboosted manufactory all the way up to max level just to produce (unboosted) T1 goods, and regarding quests we're already using just level 1 manufactories so there's no impact there (whether this is supposed to be an intended strategy is another discussion).

One thing I am curious about, though - is the only reason to upgrade manufactories to level 24+ to gain sentient goods production, or does the normal T1 goods production get a production increase as well? If this is the case, or if there's also a ranking point increase to go along with levelling up, it's going to compel many players to upgrade their boosted T1 buildings for these benefits at the expense of losing some utility. Is this intended or even an issue? I'm not really sure if it is, but armories continue to increase their base effect (training size increase) even after they gain the ability to produce orcs so I'm curious about it.

SoggyShorts

Changing a quest system is not as simple as it may sound so I wouldn't count on that yet. As you know, we've had a lot of other stuff to work on lately :)
Indeed, and I for one have unlimited patience when it comes to fixing the FA quest system...provided they don't run one until it is fixed.;)
One thing I am curious about, though
I would be very surprised if they didn't increase T1 production,rank, and pop/culture requirements along with a change in size (4x5 or 5x4?)

edeba

It is still a very easy fix unless of course your boosted +1 tournament just ended... Then it is an easy fix in 11-12 weeks.

Relics are easy to get.

And it seems the are slowing down on chapter releases, so lots of time.

I had 450000 points and I was first many months ... you will not teach me to play ...
and no one told us that it would take unboosted relics to play ... so

DeletedUser

Hello guys, is there a portal with this new guest rage?
and what about the bonus of the Blooming Trader Guild about the specific bonus ?
thank's

Heymrdiedier

Hello guys, is there a portal with this new guest rage?
and what about the bonus of the Blooming Trader Guild about the specific bonus ?
thank's

Yes there is a portal in the game files: portal canals as road and elemental manifestation buildings. These will be affected by the blooming trader.

Blooming trader wont influence sentient goods productions, just as they dont influence normal goods production. Thats what we have mountain halls for (and maybe a similar wonder will be added for sentient goods in the future)

DeletedUser

Thank you very much, you can say me where is write or it's not possible ?

Heymrdiedier

BTG does influence goods production throu wholesaler tho
somehow i doubt sentient goods will be in the wholesaler, or did you see something different in the gamefiles? I think that would make it too easy, and also i dont see why they postponed the chapter so much then if you could just buy from wholesaler

Thank you very much, you can say me where is write or it's not possible ?
Marindor said something about the mountain halls and possible new wonder a few posts ago.
The portal and buildings have been in the game fiels for months.
Ofcourse i could be wrong and BTG could suddenly influence sentient goods, but then they have to have activly changed current mechanics. Therefor i assume it will just work as in all the other guest races.
usually when they change something in current mechanics, something else thats negative pops up :p
Havent seen that yet this time

Last edited:

DeletedUser1657

BTG does influence goods production throu wholesaler tho
somehow i doubt sentient goods will be in the wholesaler, or did you see something different in the gamefiles? I think that would make it too easy, and also i dont see why they postponed the chapter so much then if you could just buy from wholesaler

Will be interesting to see if they can be acquired in the wholesaler. They could be there but at super expensive values, with the mechanism of the wholesaler increases you would be quite limited by how much you could buy and would still need people to trade with.

SoggyShorts

So, for the portal it's a supposition ... you are not sure ...
If a forum poster says "in the game files" they cannot be 100% sure because inno can change anything they want before launch (and even after) so if you are looking for a guarantee, you won't find one here.