• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

Heymrdiedier

If a forum poster says "in the game files" they cannot be 100% sure because inno can change anything they want before launch (and even after) so if you are looking for a guarantee, you won't find one here.

I guarantee nothing :) Dont think even mods can guarantee everything (remember the blueprints and more then 10 broken runshards? :p )
@Biloutte91 If i understand correctly you are asking for your guild on live server. Why not wait with all these questions till they actually release the chapter on beta? Cant be long anymore, and after waiting for months, im sure they can all wait a few more days.

DeletedUser

I was waiting for a response from a moderator ... not a player who said to me: maybe ...:D:D

DeletedUser1767

The game files seem to indicate multiple upgrades to the trader, all the way up to a fifth level. Everything after the third level says the same thing (about being able to trade Sentient Goods as well as normal ones, and that goods in the trader are still decaying). I wonder if maybe being able to buy Sentient Goods in the Wholesaler comes with one of the higher levels above three.

Deleted User - 60107

Maybe Trader 3 will be needed to trade Tier 4 goods, Trader 4 will be needed for Tier 5 goods, and Trader 5 will be needed for Tier 6 goods.

Question for @Marindor: Any pans for changes to the size of Magic Academy and Builders' Hut? The reason I'm asking:
- Initially Human Main Hall was bigger than the Elven Main Hall, but as of Halflings both races have the same size Main Hall
- Initially Human Trader was bigger than the Elven Trader, but as of Halflings both races have the same size Main Hall
- Initially Human Builders' Hut was smaller than the Elven Builders' Hut. As of Halflings the Humans' is still smaller
- Initially Human Magic Academy was smaller than the Elven Magic Academy. As of Halflings the Humans' is still smaller

The fact that two of their permanent buildings are a bit smaller gives Human players a bit of an advantage due to having a bit more free space, and as we all know, free space is the most important resource in the game. Especially since with each new chapter the differences between the two races decrease more and more:
- I already mentioned Humans and Elves getting the same size (and shape) Trader and Main Hall
- Residences and Workshops also become the same size and shape
- Manufactories taken over by guest races also become the same size and shape
- Barracks become the same size and shape (Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp were the same size from the start)
- Starting with Dwarves both races get the same Culture buildings, so any differences in Culture are gone

Deleted User - 86059

I can confirm there will be a portal plus canals (roads) and manifestations ;)

Deleted User - 60152

I'm just waiting until the chapter launches in beta and elvenarchitect has the new building sizes in their files so I can start tear down and rebuild planning.

Heymrdiedier

The game files seem to indicate multiple upgrades to the trader, all the way up to a fifth level. Everything after the third level says the same thing (about being able to trade Sentient Goods as well as normal ones, and that goods in the trader are still decaying). I wonder if maybe being able to buy Sentient Goods in the Wholesaler comes with one of the higher levels above three.

Maybe Trader 3 will be needed to trade Tier 4 goods, Trader 4 will be needed for Tier 5 goods, and Trader 5 will be needed for Tier 6 goods.

thats exactly the case. I believe those buildings are also marked for the next guestrace and the one after that (gr 8 and 9). We only get it to lvl 3 with guest race 7 (elementals).
I havent checked, but i also assume upgrading the trader also increases your seed production a bit.

DeletedUser1596

About the 24/48 hour productions: Is was a game design choice to remove them from Level 24+ manufactories, indeed to bring more challenge to this chapter so they won't be added. You may think it is annoying to have to miss those, but actually it triggers you to adjust your game style and strategic choices to adapt to this new situation. It's part of the challenge :)

Unfortunately, my gamestyle includes work, family and other essential stuff, so I'm a bit limited here. Looks like the only option I have left is to set the production twice per day instead of only once. So yes, I think it's a bit more annoying and even though it triggers me to adjust my game style, I cannot. My strategic choice will be to set the production to 9h and (9h or 3h). Hell of a challenge, I must admit.

Honestly, I have troubles believing this. If I could guess, I'd say that the devs didn't want to adjust the game to a new mechanics, so they just overwrote 24h with 3h.

iDavis

@Marindor When you remove 24 and 48 hour productions, it would be good to give option ("or") to produce sentient goods for quests with these productions in events for advanced players. That could be balance for them, since their scouting provinces take a really long time, compared to beginners.

DeletedUser1657

@Marindor When you remove 24 and 48 hour productions, it would be good to give option ("or") to produce sentient goods for quests with these productions in events for advanced players. That could be balance for them, since their scouting provinces take a really long time, compared to beginners.

Quests for scouting are balanced on 24hrs or less time, players with longer scout times have chosen that strategy and while it has benefits one of the costs is those long scout times and its impact on quests. Personally I think that is fair, I have the ability to choose what I value more and can prioritise that into my strategy.

While I like my 24hr productions when it comes to events most of these I do on a lvl 1 factory which will still have that option.

DeletedUser724

release notes
  • The final preparations for our new Guest Race: The Elementals have been done. We should see them quite soon now!
any 1 know WHEN ?

Deleted User - 60107

Some comments about the new AWs:
1) Sunset Towers: 414 Divine Seeds per chest? We get at most 3 chests, so at most 1200 Seeds at level 1. That's less than a drop in the ocean. Considering the amount of seeds we need (and that we will likely need even more in the next chapter) that's just TOO little. At least the other bonus seems decent
2) Victory Springs: If the bonus per level is the same as the bonus per level of the Needles, then it's going to be a while before this AW becomes useful

Overall, at first glance the new AWs are rather underwhelming.

Jixel

First thought - every single one of the first 8-10 techs needs 200-300k Mana, but we don't have any increase in Mana production yet. There's "challenge" and then there's "blatant delaying tactic", and that's what this looks like.
Also, the Residence upgrade is way down the tree and needs GR goods production already, but somehow we need to find the 3k+ population required for the Boost+1 manufactory first ?

And seriously, only one expansion ? That's just insulting. There's more than enough "challenge" from the usual 3 or so expansions from previous GRs, this is just getting silly given the change in size/shape for residences.

DeletedUser1767

Also, the Residence upgrade is way down the tree and needs GR goods production already, but somehow we need to find the 3k+ population required for the Boost+1 manufactory first ?
Yeah, that made me blink too. I suspect we're intended to get it by converting at least one of our existing boosted T1s.