• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

DeletedUser118

Is there no questline coming with the Elementals? I even tried declining some daily ones but nothing showing at all?

DeletedUser724

After a quick look on tech tree

It is the worst of all chapters

I do not use vallorian and banshee...it is completely useless chapter to me
armory upgrade without recruiting time improved ...
tons of squad size upgraded...it means player will need to handle much more enemy soldiers or goods to do negotiation but put strength is not increased

My first comment : SUPER VERY WORSE

Dony

King of Bugs
After a quick look on tech tree

It is the worst of all chapters

I do not use vallorian and banshee...it is completely useless chapter to me
armory upgrade without recruiting time improved ...
tons of squad size upgraded...it means player will need to handle much more enemy soldiers or goods to do negotiation but put strength is not increased

My first comment : SUPER VERY WORSE
if it would be so easy nobody would play this game anymore

iDavis

Finally one chapter which seems like a big challenge. Idea about sentient goods is excellent one. Great job. :)

Deleted User - 60107

After looking at the tech tree, I see some HUGE costs:
- Advanced Scouts costs more than half of our max storage (both Coins and Supplies)
- as already mentioned: Multiple high Mana costs, but no new Mana building to replace the Grape Farms (at least until the Fountaion, and that is near the end of chapter)
- multiple high Divine Seed costs (19K+23K+28K+35K+38K) just to unlock the portal

Overall this chapter smells of fake difficulty. You're trying to stall us with high costs, to make up for the large amounts of Mana and Seeds people have collected while waiting for this chapter.

Marindor

Is there no questline coming with the Elementals? I even tried declining some daily ones but nothing showing at all?

Thank you, we're on it :) The new storyline quests were implemented, but set to "unreachable" to prevent them from showing up too early (like they did with the previous Guest Races). We need to change that now, so our development team is working on it :)

DeletedUser1163

Yes, the current system does indeed punish you for not logging in daily. It would be helpful at this point to have a pause button so you can go on vacation (take a holiday) without winding up at zero mana and seeds.
That's a great idea Grace! Some of us work for a living, take care of our family, and when there's a chance to work OT, we take full advantage of it. Without a job, I don't think I would be spending as many diamonds as I have. There are times "real life" prevents us from logging in every day. The game devs are going to penalize us for not being able to log in every day because we have a real life? Elvenar should be a game that is fun to play, not a game that is a chore to play. Remove the decaying feature or my diamond usage will start decaying rapidly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Sunset Towers will grant you divine seeds with every opened Neighborly Help chest as well as a reduction of the divine seeds daily decay.
Giving Neighborly Help on mobile doesn't give you a chest, so what's the use of this AW then ?? o_O

DeletedUser2324

quick question about the Culture buildings @Marindor

when I look at them. I am quite confused. Their values are terrible and the mana culture building is coming as nearly last research in the tech tree...

i wonder why people should even consider after the dragons to replace them with the new cafe or torch fountain ._. when I compare the new diamond culture to them.. it feels like a big slap on both cheeks at the same time. Please reconsider the positions of the culture AND their values...

here some.. additional infos on it... maybe it shows better what I mean with pure numbers..

please note that Traubenfarm refers to the german version of the vine farm.that you build in the halflings chapter ;) /Fläche = space, Kultur/Feld = Culture/ Spot, gesamt = in total, Menschen = Humans, Mit Diamanten kaufen? = buy with Diamonds? ja/nein = yes/no

elvenar kultur im vergleich.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1476

Giving Neighborly Help on mobile doesn't give you a chest, so what's the use of this AW then ?? o_O
Do not bring reasoning into it, you're breaking the narrative.
I already have one wonder at level 11 sitting around more or less wasting space. I cannot wait to add a second useless one.

DeletedUser332

Some comments about the new AWs:
1) Sunset Towers: 414 Divine Seeds per chest? We get at most 3 chests, so at most 1200 Seeds at level 1. That's less than a drop in the ocean. Considering the amount of seeds we need (and that we will likely need even more in the next chapter) that's just TOO little. At least the other bonus seems decent
2) Victory Springs: If the bonus per level is the same as the bonus per level of the Needles, then it's going to be a while before this AW becomes useful

Overall, at first glance the new AWs are rather underwhelming.

I use my Training Grounds a lot for Cerberus and both of the Orc units. It takes 50-75% longer to train these units than the equivalents in the Barracks and Mercenary Camp, because it's the slowest training building when all are maxed out (also the only one with different training times depending on what you're training). It's probably going to remain that way with this AW but it's VERY nice to finally have an AW that boosts it, in addition to the bonus to light melee damage (which is also the only unit type that wasn't boosted until now).

Related notes, two out of three of the unit upgrades are very nice. Orc Warriors are the only heavy melee unit we have access to with strong light melee bonuses (this applies to both humans and elves); this upgrade will make silk tournaments that much easier. In a similar vein, elf players will make great use of the upgraded Vallorian Guards as I believe they're already very valuable for their extended range over Treants.

The one oddity is the Banshee upgrade. I would've expected to see Dryads and/or Drone Riders upgraded first, considering Banshees were already upgraded in S&D and the former two haven't seen upgrades since Woodelves. With the Orc Warrior promotion in this chapter, this now leaves them as the most 'outdated' units. This is additional to my belief that Banshees aren't very useful units, so I'll admit there's some bias here. I personally think Banshees (and Sorceresses, might as well throw in NPC enchantresses as well since I know they're all the same basic unit) should have either have their range and movement stats switched, or gain a substantial bump in health and the ability to retaliate against attackers. An attack range of 3 is only able to avoid retaliation from Swamp Monsters and Orc Warriors/Generals, but both races' archers are better at dealing with heavy melee units (and staying away from them) and the Priest and Blossom Mage are both better at staying away from attackers as well despite moving at half the speed. Mages don't like being attacked because of their low health, so if you want to design a close-range mage unit then it needs to have a health pool to match that.

Dony

King of Bugs
Mages don't like being attacked because of their low health, so if you want to design a close-range mage unit then it needs to have a health pool to match that.
banshee and sorc has strongest debuffs in the game so that is their advantage

Lissona

Any hint when we can expect that the Wiki is updated? Would like to calculate my strategy, but without real numbers quite hard ;)

One question in advance: can I expect the same (700% max-)boost for T4 as for T1 - when having the same amount of relics? Or is the boost for T4 significantly lower?

Lissi

Lissona

Thanks Dony. By now I think this guest race is not really different in terms of ressources/required time til end of tech tree. Main challenge is to find enough trading partners for the new goods. Might change my opinion when I can have a look at the numbers of the guest race production buildings.

DeletedUser1707

Hopefully the game designers had in mind, that we would need space to do so, otherwise we have to tear down first some boosted manufacturies.

This would have an impact to our tournament behavior, as we wont have less goods for negotiation. Furthermore we might have less goods to help out smaller players o_O

At least a lot of "endgame players" will be very happy to see this upcoming and long wished guest race ;)
Lack of space is my concern. I would hope the designers plan to add another grid of expansions. I'm full up now. I've gotten all the land I can get. :(

DeletedUser

No, there is not grid more :) :) :) ... you have just to destroy all your Halflings building :) :)

palmira

I just don't like all those mandatory squad size upgrades with no upgrade on the barracks, tourneys will be even more difficult and very hard on goods. Space and all the new stuff looks really challenging and will be a welcome change after all the waiting time :)