• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.4 + Tournaments

DeletedUser

Boko - so you like the only two other options - Wait or Pay? If Inno offered another alternative - where a player could progress without extensive waiting or paying - I'd love to have that option. Until then, Questing isn't "exploitation" - it's escape from Inno's exploitative marketing strategy.

Not particularly, but it would still be an improvement from the current situation if the exploit was removed. Right now the only reason I can think of why they haven't removed it, is because there aren't enough features yet to keep us busy with something else. They are afraid to lose players. The tournament feature is an improvement, but it's only a start. They definitely need to balance the difficulty level and the rewards correctly.

I remember when I started playing Forge of Empires (another Inno game) a few years ago, when it was still in its infancy (before you could even trade in a guild). There wasn't a lot to keep us busy then either. Now there's GvG and fights with your neighbourhood which can keep you busy for quite some time.

This game is still in its infancy aswell. I'm not really sure why they call it version 1.x when it's still clearly version 0.x. We need more features before I can call this a complete game.

Eventually more features will arrive to keep us busy. Until then we just need patience, although I don't see a lot of that around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I have a question. If we can only receive a 700% boost, does that mean the mountain hall will become useless after a while? I still don't understand these wonders that well.

DeletedUser

They could be counting on this to push players to spend more?
Since I don't have steel as a bonus good and I don't need any KP because I'm stuck waiting for enough granite/copper to progress further in the dwarves tech tree I won't participate in this round at all, so I won't even spend anything. :p

DeletedUser

I have a question. If we can only receive a 700% boost, does that mean the mountain hall will become useless after a while? I still don't understand these wonders that well.
The mountain hall still give extra % boost on top of the 700% you get from the relics.

DeletedUser867

So, if they knew how declinable quests could / would be utilized,

If you need to decline quests, then there is a problem with those quests. Could you tell us which quests you "need" to decline, and why that would be? It would help us improve your game experience!

And when THAT advice was ignored, the developers actually made all quests non-declinable for a few days, or some some such ( it was messy ), and now they're apparently pulling back on quests for the Fairies chapter.

It's the height of hubris to claim that you were "lured" when the developers were shouting and waving red flags all over the place, and have continued to do so.

I truly hope that the developers
  • Tighten up the presentation criteria, rather than using "it's declinable anyway" as an excuse for sloppy quest design
  • Only offer a half dozen "declines", each with a 1 hour timer, so that folks CAN'T cherry pick the declinable quests

DeletedUser651

They tried to shut down the quest system. They lost more players that week than during any other change. The game stopped cold.

If the neighborhood system worked then we wouldn't need quests, but the neighborhood system doesn't work. Were we to get daily bonuses from every neighbor we discovered, who would need the quests?

The mountain hall still give extra % boost on top of the 700% you get from the relics.

Thanks Jasper!

DeletedUser594

Seems to be useless to post here, since devs not reading it nor do they listen
to the forum reps! Otherwise they wouldn't be introducing all that side crap
and fix up the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Plus, now we are losing so many troops and things are so costly that players will be slowed in their progress through the rest of the game. This is the opposite of making the game a little faster for players (as was said was one of the priorities).
And now @Goryn have to answer question about difficulty of splitting own army between fighting in provinces and tournament as a factor to not reaching requested provinces for chest on era end. I clearly wrote in this topic, those features are conflicting with each other. But of course I was called person who is wrong and don't see wider ;)
Before, when fighting was easy, you gave players who hate fighting a chance to win. They could have learned how to fight and have a lot more fun. But that too is lost with this new "rebalance".
I see this as a looking for a golden middle. They pushed from very easy to very hard and will be trying to find point where fights will be hard and rewards low enough but not too low, because people will ignore tournaments. I think they again screw this functionality as was with MA. After few weeks they made this mandatory, because no one except few players fighting for ranking points.
Finding a seam in the logic, a keyhole if you will, and abusing it (and your poor mouse button finger) to turn something frivolous into something dangerous and destabilizing, scarcely qualifies as "lured."
This is another way of hacking system. Look at this from different point. Owners are pushing players to limit, because they want suck money from us. They are simply greedy so force changes that obviously make economy unbalanced (with last changes highly under the bar). So players defend themselves looking holes in this system. Some flaws were already from very beginning (quest system), some are new (easy tournaments). This is constant fight of Goliath (owners) and many Davids (players).
And when THAT advice was ignored, the developers actually made all quests non-declinable for a few days, or some some such ( it was messy ), and now they're apparently pulling back on quests for the Fairies chapter.
Shame that for entering those quests they force players to build useless MA, which they said will be usable... maybe after few months from now :D :D :D On top of that making it mandatory is simply joke.
They tried to shut down the quest system. They lost more players that week than during any other change. The game stopped cold.
Because changes should be made step by step. Building wall on running players path is always bad idea. They did such move already few times and it always ended with many casualties. Still they do this from time to time, to check if already pushed line too much or not.
If the neighborhood system worked then we wouldn't need quests, but the neighborhood system doesn't work. Were we to get daily bonuses from every neighbor we discovered, who would need the quests?
And that is problem owners know about and is main reason why quests are overused. I had for example upgrading lately Main Hall from 17 to 19, so I couldn't gather coins. Effect? My Coins lowered so much, I had to stop production (T3 goods consume enormous amount of them) or stop upgrading buildings, because my income was not enough to handle both at same time. I am one of those deserted players who is having only brotherhood, because around me almost noone play and if, they barely visit me in return.

DeletedUser1231

It's a pity that there was one rebalances for the tournament.

It shall have arrived last week with the current difficulty one shall have said the fights are a little bit hard but the gains of relics, PK and runes are all the same interesting.

But as last week we tasted the fights easy and negotiation who do not cost much this week we are a little disappointed.:(

For moved forward well players the fights are practicable and trading cost those are affordable for first level, on the other hand who want to make the race in ranking one need have a maximum of goods and units.

DeletedUser

Players should be able to complete all 6 levels without using diamonds. If the next tournament also ends on Saturday, we should have a look at that. I do feel there should be a ''breathing period'' so players can collect more goods and replenish their armies a bit.

So, once again, we cannot complete all 6 levels without using diamonds. Have you looked into this? Isn't the tournament supposed to go live into one of the other wolds next week? How can it be so with an issue so important as this up in the air? Are we supposed to be able to complete all levels without diamonds or not?

DeletedUser283

Maybe ... maybe last week's tournament was made easier because it only lasted 2 days ...
maybe this week's tournament is more in line with what they had in mind for a 4 day tournament...

it would be nice to hear some comments from game owners about this point :)

So, once again, we cannot complete all 6 levels without using diamonds. Have you looked into this?
That is being looked into, yes. :)

Isn't the tournament supposed to go live into one of the other wolds next week?
That is still to be decided at this point - we don't have an answer for that at this very moment just yet.

Maybe ... maybe last week's tournament was made easier because it only lasted 2 days ...
maybe this week's tournament is more in line with what they had in mind for a 4 day tournament...
No, the shorter duration of the first Tournament was not taken into consideration with the balancing of the Tournaments as a whole. :)

DeletedUser867

we cannot complete all 6 levels without using diamonds
The reset cycle appears to be 10 hours, so the required 5 resets would only need 2 days. You can easily do two cycles PER DAY, so three days should be plenty to finish all six cycles.

DeletedUser

i don't know what timer you have, but for me it takes 20h to open a new level in each province, not 10h. that makes it impossible to open all 6 levels.

DeletedUser867

I agree, it's 20 hours now. That still makes sense if we're talking about a one day reset, or perhaps just long enough to comfortably calculate the weekly results and reset everything.

DeletedUser867

If the tournament runs for 6 days, and is then down for 1 day (or less) during the recalculation, then the 20 hour reset makes perfect sense.
You'd need 5 timer cycles for 6 passes

That's actually how they handle a similar reset in Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser867

Do you see the problem yet?
Most people don't have a problem understanding that "If then" is a conditional statement.

I'm assuming that we have a shorter cycle, in Beta, because the developers need a bit of wiggle room for fixes and adjustments between the tournaments.

DeletedUser

Most people don't have a problem understanding that "If then" is a conditional statement.

I'm assuming that we have a shorter cycle, in Beta, because the developers need a bit of wiggle room for fixes and adjustments between the tournaments.

And here is your problem... you assume too much.
I don't assume anything in regards to Inno, so I am waiting for a confirmation of what the duration should be and that this is indeed a temporary situation. Since this question was posted last week, and the duration remains the same, i rather know for sure than speculating, no matter how fond of it you are.