• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.4 + Tournaments

DeletedUser651

I have a question....

If the tournaments unlock at say 11am on a Tuesday and I play some of them on level one at 1pm. Do I have to wait 20 hours from 1pm (when the I began the tournament) before I can do level 2, or do I only have to wait until 20 hours from 11am (when the tournament started) to do level 2? And if I did start at 1pm and I did a few tournaments then and waited until 10pm to do more, do I also get to do them all 20 hours after 11am or do I need to wait 20 hours after I have done each particular tournament before I can do the next level?

Sorry that is such a complicated question.

Deleted User - 1954

It is easy to try: complete a province with higher number after you are at province 1 at level two - and you will see, you have to wait 20 h to be able to further progress at this province.

DeletedUser1513

After 2 weeks of tournaments, I've come to a conclusion that it is again most of the time another useless feature.
Most of the time by fighting the tournament you will gain useless relics, that you can use in the useless academy to start useless spells.
Only in case of your boosted goods it is worth to fight, otherwise fighting will just have a negative on your sore, because you are burning troops you can use for your map fighting.
I must say this is the only game I know where activity is not rewarded. And in fact the whole score mechanism only partly reflects activity.
A mod indicated that this feature offers people something to do on a daily basis.
If that was the purpose then INNO again failed to achieve what they wanted, because they deliver something that is only interesting 1/3th of the time. Or even 1/4th of the time if you take into account the gap between the tournaments.
So for the daily activity you better look for another game...
I really have no idea what inno's businesscase for this game is. If the new features are not interesting to participate, why the hell would people then spend money on them???
Like any inno game they delivered things that are not interesting for the players.

DeletedUser867

But I assume that very soon many will only participate in those with their boosted goods.
Because they won't have enough spare Troops nor Goods anymore, to do otherwise. Which was sort of the point.

In any case, the Relic Boosts are capped at 700% and, once you've reached the caps, then all of the tournaments will be equally interesting.

CrazyWizard

What I have seen so far (only at end of chapter 2/start 3) is that the fights are way way way way way to hard, and it's much easier to just pay them off no matter what.

I have 4 steel provinces and using the quest I am able to pay off all 4 so far a little bit of difficulty managing the required goods using the wholesale trader and quests.

With the rebalance on NL I hoped the rebalanced the gain of relics didnt ment making the fights impossible,but not by awarding a kazzilion relics on each province, so far I have gained on my 4 provinces like 40 relics already and counting.
The relics from the "neigbourhood bonus" should be more than enough, also way way way to much KP.

at the end of this tournament I for my level will already have a kazzilion relics, if it was my bonusgood, I would also be way ahead of my supposed level of goof production, it goed way way way too fast.

Perhaps you can gain more supplies by doing repeatable quests - but if you don't do them and if you do tournaments, the MA is worth the space...

Weird logic, and still not worth it, if you arent doing tournaments, because without tournament you will gain like 16 relics a week especially a bit later in game.

DeletedUser629

I have a question....

If the tournaments unlock at say 11am on a Tuesday and I play some of them on level one at 1pm. Do I have to wait 20 hours from 1pm (when the I began the tournament) before I can do level 2, or do I only have to wait until 20 hours from 11am (when the tournament started) to do level 2? And if I did start at 1pm and I did a few tournaments then and waited until 10pm to do more, do I also get to do them all 20 hours after 11am or do I need to wait 20 hours after I have done each particular tournament before I can do the next level?

Sorry that is such a complicated question.

The 20 hour timer starts when you've cleared a province.

DeletedUser

Given the Boosted relics available via Tournament..they'd better move forward rapidly with the scoring matrix for the Wonders.

Else, once we get to the 700% cap on our Boosts...we can tear down our Mountain Halls.

DeletedUser651

The 20 hour timer starts when you've cleared a province.

Then it is bugged. This morning all provinces were open to me even though I had just finished a few of them 8 hours before. In fact, ALL provinces were open to me when I have only completed 1-15.

DeletedUser594

Tournaments gone onto my ignore list!! Just deleted one of those
useless Buildings which has given so many of the weakest fighters
every so often! This created so much more space!!
Still got those useless dwarven quests starring at me!
Was told a while back it is being looked into!! FUNNY!!!:p

CrazyWizard

Today no KP or relic rewards whatsoever, a bug or intended?

Also no ability to finish a single fight (4 provinces) at my level. only able to pay them off. weird situation.

DeletedUser629

Then it is bugged. This morning all provinces were open to me even though I had just finished a few of them 8 hours before. In fact, ALL provinces were open to me when I have only completed 1-15.

I'll have a look at it to see if this is intended or not. As far as i know the timer starts after a province is finished.

DeletedUser651

I'll have a look at it to see if this is intended or not. As far as i know the timer starts after a province is finished.

Today, on the fourth level, the timer was right on all the tournaments I did. It did take 20 hours before it would let me get to the next level.

I have to say though, I was hoping it wasn't a bug. This goes along with the theme that people that work can't really do well. It is impossible to do all the tournaments in the alotted time and if you try you get stuck with times like these:

tourney starts at 11am day one
7 am for day two
3 am for day three
11pm for day four

Or you can just do them at a reasonable time but then you lose a lot of time. Now, obviously, everyone will be on different time zones, but that doesn't matter. The principle will still be the same. It will always be terrible times for someone. I don't think I understand the purpose of these odd times.

DeletedUser629

Today, on the fourth level, the timer was right on all the tournaments I did. It did take 20 hours before it would let me get to the next level.

I have to say though, I was hoping it wasn't a bug. This goes along with the theme that people that work can't really do well. It is impossible to do all the tournaments in the alotted time and if you try you get stuck with times like these:

tourney starts at 11am day one
7 am for day two
3 am for day three
11pm for day four

Or you can just do them at a reasonable time but then you lose a lot of time. Now, obviously, everyone will be on different time zones, but that doesn't matter. The principle will still be the same. It will always be terrible times for someone. I don't think I understand the purpose of these odd times.

On beta we have to deal with different time zones, on live the tourney will start at 8pm. Yes, people who can't play all day won't be able to start the next level immediately after 20 hours, but you can still make it to level 5 like everyone else. I come home at 6pm during weekdays, so day 1 would be Tuesday 8pm, Wednesday 6pm, Thursday 6pm, Friday 6pm, and Saturday 6pm. Those who can play all day would have 8pm, 4pm, noon, 8am, and 4am. They will have more time to clear their provinces, but level 6 is still out of reach.

DeletedUser408

lvl 6 will be out of reach for 90% of players i will just get to lvl 5 just under the buzzer with about 1hr to spare later today, Add 1 more full day to touneys

DeletedUser

On beta we have to deal with different time zones, on live the tourney will start at 8pm. Yes, people who can't play all day won't be able to start the next level immediately after 20 hours, but you can still make it to level 5 like everyone else. I come home at 6pm during weekdays, so day 1 would be Tuesday 8pm, Wednesday 6pm, Thursday 6pm, Friday 6pm, and Saturday 6pm. Those who can play all day would have 8pm, 4pm, noon, 8am, and 4am. They will have more time to clear their provinces, but level 6 is still out of reach.

Is this confirmed then? Is the level 6 meant only for diamond players? It has been nearly 2 weeks, 2nd tournament finishes in a few hours, it would be good to know for sure what the duration is supposed to be.