• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowships coming to Beta!

DeletedUser205

@Goryn because there is a new quality of awkardness now with helping in fellowships, I can't understand why you claim, to discuss this is not on topic.

neighborly help was sort of voluntarily, but polishing in fellowships can get you more under pressure, because it is next to tradingadvantages the main feature and in most fellowships it is expected to cruise around all members often and polish.

My question is: what exactly to you expect to read under this topic if problems clearly increased with the fellowshipupdate are not what you want to hear?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

I already explained what i expect to read in this thread in my previous posts. What i don't expect to read here are the same comments i've read in the release notes 0.20 thread. We got your point, there are some serious issues regarding cpu/ram usage, and we are working on it.

DeletedUser967

But these problems about what we talking here exist in fellowship so it is good place to talk here - wrong to talk in 0.20.

DeletedUser

it is get boring me that *blackscreen* after visiting 4-5 neigbours or people in fellow.^^
Very well

---------------

I am leaving game and trying to get my upgrading boost goods to friends

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't believe you're doing the best thing, dear Ellraven.
I know that since fellowhips feature's come to Beta version, the game's shown many more issues than the day before, but I believe we've to give developers one's personal time to fix all of that and I'm sure they'll do as soon as possible ;)

DeletedUser651

Goryn, I appreciate the difficult job you moderators have in trying to keep the forums clean and on topic. I can't imagine trying it. However, this topic is about fellowships and if there are problems that are arising only in fellowship play, such as visiting your fellows, then I fail to see why you are so adamantly against anyone speaking about it on this thread. What else would this thread talk about if not that? Some members have mentioned that their systems are under a strain during fellowship play that their system is not under during non fellowship play. That seems to be a special fellowship only issue. I hope the devs will fix it.

I do appreciate all the work you do for nothing around here. But, you hold a power over players that others do not have. You can delete comments and do other things. Players need to be able to speak and tell you about issues without fear. I know you were speaking to another player, but I felt very uncomfortable with the way you spoke to that beta tester. I now feel less safe to bring up an issue for fear of being chastised strongly. I am sure others feel the same but will never let you know. And stopping beta testers from reporting issues will not help the devs.

So, I give you a hug, and hope that we can all work peacefully together. Finally, I thank you once again for the Herculean effort you put forward on behalf of the game! :):):)

DeletedUser629

Goryn, I appreciate the difficult job you moderators have in trying to keep the forums clean and on topic. I can't imagine trying it. However, this topic is about fellowships and if there are problems that are arising only in fellowship play, such as visiting your fellows, then I fail to see why you are so adamantly against anyone speaking about it on this thread. What else would this thread talk about if not that? Some members have mentioned that their systems are under a strain during fellowship play that their system is not under during non fellowship play. That seems to be a special fellowship only issue. I hope the devs will fix it.

I do appreciate all the work you do for nothing around here. But, you hold a power over players that others do not have. You can delete comments and do other things. Players need to be able to speak and tell you about issues without fear. I know you were speaking to another player, but I felt very uncomfortable with the way you spoke to that beta tester. I now feel less safe to bring up an issue for fear of being chastised strongly. I am sure others feel the same but will never let you know. And stopping beta testers from reporting issues will not help the devs.

So, I give you a hug, and hope that we can all work peacefully together. Finally, I thank you once again for the Herculean effort you put forward on behalf of the game! :):):)

Every player can report issues without fear on this forum, i think this has been the case for the past 6 months. I can guarantee you that the policy of the Elvenar beta team is to remain friendly as much as possible, even when players misbehave badly. Yes we have the option to delete comments and do other things, but we only do that when we have a very good reason for doing so, like when a player uses foul language or breaks any other forum rule. For the past 6 months the Elvenar team have actively participated with every discussion on this forum, 99% of the time this has been in a friendly way, we even participate in games with the players. We do this because we want to be part of the community, not just supervising it. The goal is to create a bond between the team and the players, and i do believe we have been doing great in that department.

I have said it before and will say it again. We appreciate every bit of feedback we get from the players, it's very important to us that every little bug is reported. They do however need to be reported in the bug section, and the bug section only, so that my colleagues from QA can deal with the issues from there, and try to reproduce them, which would then lead to them reporting the issues to the developers. If players start complaining about issues all over the forum, we will lose the overview which is not a good thing. Not for us, and not for you as players.

The neighbourly help problem was already there before fellowships came to beta, i have the same issues on the Dutch server which doesn't have fellowships yet. It's a very big problem, and i agree it's very annoying to refresh your browser after every 2 visits, but unfortunately i can't change that, we will have to wait for the developers to fix this.

Players don't have to ''fear'' us, it's not like we as a team have been behaving as a bunch of dictating monsters, and we certainly don't plan on doing so in the future.

DeletedUser442

It was a bit of a drag to search for fellowships nearby. I had to use the map to do that.It would have been nice if there had been a search engine to show me the nearby fellowships. And if those fellowships have room left for new members.
It would be nice if a fellowship could make their own symbol. Easier to spot all the different fellowships on the map. Now it looks like one big happy family. In my search for a fellowship I had to click on many icons, only to discover that they were from the same fellowship.

I had expected some form of in game forum for a fellowship. It's handy when you need stuff, you can use it to gain better trades among eachother.

It's nice that I can polish buildings of my fellowshipmembers but the thing that basicly stopped me from plosishing buildings is the 24 hour window. I wish that it was set on daily. But a shorter window to polish buildings for fellowmember to fellowmember would be a nice asset for a fellowship.

I don't need an ingame chat. There are other programms for that and besides.. most of the time I can not wear a headphone.

For now.. except for more cities I can visit and polish to gain more coins and a bit of supplies, a fellowship is a bit dull.

DeletedUser

I understand Goryn, I was with you guys from the beginning. ;)
The fellowships are a great addition although I still lack the goods I need.

DeletedUser629

I understand Goryn, I was with you guys from the beginning. ;)
The fellowships are a great addition although I still lack the goods I need.

Too bad i can't trade with you. You would never have a shortage of goods again :p

DeletedUser

God bless felowships :D
28bhd91.jpg

DeletedUser

Yes, Terek: the same for me! ;)
Since Fellowship feaure is started, daily I've not less than 150-160% boosted production thanks to my fellows and my neighbours; now culture bonus is really helpful for me :)

DeletedUser

Fellowship has come to the Turkish servers today ..... and so has the black screen problem!

DeletedUser

I know this topic has been created a long time ago, but I am gonna say it anyway.
There are certain features I have started to like and others I hate.
1. For the most part fellowships made neighborly help in my area extinct. There, my neighbors who gave me everyday love and I to them are far away now. Am I the only one who thinks that fellowship help is a lot? I know there are a lot of you who will say things that it is still as neighbors. It is not. If anything please add a donate button for all instead of one. Because 25 is 5 times as much as my active neighbors and I already thought that that was a hassle.
2. I like the chat looks great.
3. I like trade, but that has gone extinct too in the neighborhood. I have a harder time now to acquire certain items than I had before.
4. Flags are lovely, great work on that guys.

DeletedUser867

I very much hope that we'll end up with vibrant neighborhoods, and I likewise hope that Fellowships are not allowed to subvert the Neighborhoods.

Climbing the Penrose Stairs, and the closely related Looking at the World through HSL colored glasses, are very much about optimizing our neighborhoods.

But knowing HOW to cluster folks who have a similar level of development doesn't address the philosophical question of SHOULD you do so. I obviously think it would be beneficial, but I'm also aware that mixed level neighborhoods have some theoretical advantages, HOWEVER
  • Fully developed cities don't have much of an incentive to trade nor polish, because they already HAVE too much of everything.
  • Mid-level cities desperately need Coins, Supplies, and Trades, so that they can prosper.
  • Beginning cities don't have much to offer to other folks, other than visits.
Looking WAY into the distant future, I think one of the solutions will be throwaway Contest Cities. I'm very fond of Extreme Cities, which exist only to determine what IS possible. Contest cities would require permission to support more than one city per account per world, and we'd also need the ability to manually abandon the city afterwards.

I can totally envision advanced players pouring goods into their contest city, at a 4:1 ratio. In fact I'd presume that that would be the ONLY way to win an Extreme City contest.
  • The totally developed dead zones would wake up, rather than just waiting for new content.
  • The fringe areas, with new cities, would have the support of experienced players, even though their contest cities were still in the early stages of development.