• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 19 coming soon?

Lelanya

I don't know when exactly the change will be implemented in the game. May be with the release of the next chapter, maybe somewhat before already.
On behalf of some of my end game fellows who made the 600 badges, because they rightly guessed that it would be important:
Could you make the goods needed something precious, that will slow down opening the next chapter? That way they will not feel so cheated.

edeba

On behalf of some of my end game fellows who made the 600 badges, because they rightly guessed that it would be important:
Could you make the goods needed something precious, that will slow down opening the next chapter? That way they will not feel so cheated.
I finished the chapter on live 4 months ago and I have teammates still struggling with it. It wasn't fun for me, and with another 4 months of it I can't imagine it has been fun for them. I don't begrudge them in anyway for being spared 600 badges and I don't feel cheated.

Jaxom

I just checked and the badges were dropped from the wonder that I had not researched.
So I traded to get the obsidian and spent 5.9M in T1/2/3 goods to buy 200 KP to get the research done.

But if you now change your minds and make the wonders optional you will have pushed me to my limit.
It is unlikely that Chapter 19 will offer anything really significant so I would not feel bad about not going any further.
I might do the research that be accomplished without guest resources but it ain't likely that I would go any further.

So please stand by your announced decision.

Last edited:

galrond

Well it puzzles me a bit, that the devs didn´t know, if end chapter research is mandatory on not :rolleyes:
When you climb the tech tree, there should be NO uncertainty about a tech being mandatory. That goes for endtech as well :mad:
And btw. how do they calculate tournament squad size, when they don´t know if a tech is mandatory or not o_O

Angeduciel

This decision makes me feel stupid to have made the 600 badges to unlock the last 2 wonders, just to be prepared for the worst case scenario when chapter 19 shows up... I thought I was a wise player (after 18 chapters!) but I guess I'm not.

Lovec Krys

And btw. how do they calculate tournament squad size, when they don´t know if a tech is mandatory or not o_O
As far as i remember, until the new chapter comes out, all 3 ending techs are non-mandatory from formula point of view (no out line). When new chapter comes out, they become mandatory (out line for all 3 of them).

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Well it puzzles me a bit, that the devs didn´t know, if end chapter research is mandatory on not :rolleyes:
When you climb the tech tree, there should be NO uncertainty about a tech being mandatory. That goes for endtech as well :mad:
I'm not sure I get your question here. What exactly gives you the impression they didn't know if its neccesary or not? its not because there's a quest for it, it suddenly becomes mandatory. You can just as well skip the quests.
The devs are already working on chapter x+1 before chapter x is released. So its all very much planned.

Skillpowers

This decision makes me feel stupid to have made the 600 badges to unlock the last 2 wonders, just to be prepared for the worst case scenario when chapter 19 shows up... I thought I was a wise player (after 18 chapters!) but I guess I'm not.
well to start chapter 17 you must do both wonder techs of chapter 16 so yeah...there isn't really a reason to change , tbf i think all techs that are optional should have portal prodcution items removed to unlock.

Enevhar Aldarion

well to start chapter 17 you must do both wonder techs of chapter 16 so yeah...there isn't really a reason to change , tbf i think all techs that are optional should have portal prodcution items removed to unlock.

No, they are not needed. The AW tech at the end of chapter 15 is needed to get into 16, but the AW tech at the end of 16 and the end of 17 are all optional research.

galrond

I'm not sure I get your question here. What exactly gives you the impression they didn't know if its neccesary or not? its not because there's a quest for it, it suddenly becomes mandatory. You can just as well skip the quests.
The devs are already working on chapter x+1 before chapter x is released. So its all very much planned.
It was more of a statement than a question.
I got the impression, that they didn´t know, when we couldn´t get a straight answer.
I´m fully aware, that quests don´t mean mandatory.
Thank you for sharing your concerns. As @Kersepitje already said, we have discussed these with our game team and it has been decided that the requirement for Chapter 18 AW technologies will stay in place, but that we will remove the Settlement Resource requirements to unlock these for now, so researching them will not mean you'll have to completely build up your settlement again.
This contributed to the impresion.
They altered the research cost, to compensate for bad information.
If they have known all along, why not tell the players, and avoid any confusion?
The question about chapter 18 tech being mandatory, has nothing to to with chapter 19 content.
All I ask is, that they clearly mark if a tech is mandatory or not, when they launch a new chapter.
As far as i remember, until the new chapter comes out, all 3 ending techs are non-mandatory from formula point of view (no out line). When new chapter comes out, they become mandatory (out line for all 3 of them).
In chapter XVI and XVII only one of the 3 last techs was mandatory, hence the confusion.

Lovec Krys

@galrond I know, i didn't bother to research the ch17 wonders. I also didn't bother to research ch18 wonders before information about them being mandatory leaked (i left portal lv4 untouched and only teleported settlement buildings to be able to research them if they were mandatory).

Jaxom

My big complaint is that the chapter quests clearly said "Research one of the wonder techs".
The next quest said "Sell the Gate of Dimensions".
So why should anyone who was following the quests think it was necessary to research both?

I know that many do NOT follow the chapter quests. But can you explain to me why something so misleading was done?

Enevhar Aldarion

My big complaint is that the chapter quests clearly said "Research one of the wonder techs".
So why should anyone who was following the quests think it was necessary to research both?

Every chapter has required research that does not have a related quest asking for it to be done.

Jaxom

Every chapter has required research that does not have a related quest asking for it to be done.
True, there are always techs that you must research to get to another one.
The problem arose because the prior two chapters had wonders techs that you could completely ignore. And there were no quests, mandatory or optional, associated with them.
This time they presented a mandatory quest to research one. OK, I will admit that this now feels a bit strange. Why make researching 1 mandatory and not both.
But after doing that one research the quests told me, "Fine, now you can sell the Gate". Stupid me. I better research the other one just in case I chose the wrong one.
Really stupid.

The new chapter appears to leave no doubt that the wonders research are optional. Much better layourt of research.

Enevhar Aldarion

True, there are always techs that you must research to get to another one.
The problem arose because the prior two chapters had wonders techs that you could completely ignore. And there were no quests, mandatory or optional, associated with them.
This time they presented a mandatory quest to research one. OK, I will admit that this now feels a bit strange. Why make researching 1 mandatory and not both.
But after doing that one research the quests told me, "Fine, now you can sell the Gate". Stupid me. I better research the other one just in case I chose the wrong one.
Really stupid.

The new chapter appears to leave no doubt that the wonders research are optional. Much better layourt of research.

Yeah, I expected the top one, the orc one?, to be required, because you could see all of the research in the previous column being required to do it. And I did the other two in my Live city because I had plenty of time to complete them and because I did not trust Inno.

Lovec Krys

Everyone who made it to the chapter 18 should know that following quests blindly is not best idea since for ages they have been asking stuff which was not the best and many times not usefull or asking useless things etc..

ekarat

I know that many do NOT follow the chapter quests. But can you explain to me why something so misleading was done?

I did. I figured that the tree can't say "one of these two" so both were needed. Also, quests that lead you partway to the goal are common.
Put another way, if I had to research one of them, I likely would need the other one too later.