• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 19 coming soon?

Aeva

I realy do not understand the hurry to go through every chapter in a pace. There are plenty of activities within this game.
Live I am halfway through chapter 17 and I certainly do not have 70 ships nor do I plan to build them. I see the guestraces as the 'background noise'. The game is doing tournay and spire every week on a high level, going for every event (there is allways one around the corner), make stuff in a BSA, and balancing my city. It is mainly a mather of approach.
Having said that, it is obvious that some designs in the game could use a bit more tweeking.

SoggyShorts

I realy do not understand the hurry to go through every chapter in a pace.
For some, it's the challenge. I found this game to be pretty simple from the get-go and added a little extra challenge for myself: Never get techlocked.
It was a different game back then but I managed it all the way until woodelves(where I underestimated mana needs)
The next time was when I had to wait a month for the release of elementals.
Then a new challenge emerged: who can complete a chapter the fastest?

Also, especially with the introduction of teleport spells as @Lovec Krys points out: when you complete the chapter you have a bunch of free space.

Enevhar Aldarion

For some, it's the challenge.

Yep. For me it is completing all the chapters, as that is the core of the game. When there are no more chapters to do, there will be no more challenge, and something very unusual would have to happen for me to not get tired of the rest of the game and quit after a couple of months. From chapter 14 to chapter 18, I have completed the new chapter before the next was added and those 2-3 months in between got boring at times. Good thing we have a lot of events to keep my attention.

sventovit

There is a story in the game and I would like to know the rest. What will happen. A dark force would have entered with the last portal.
And then new things. Haven't we discovered the mana, the beans and now the unurium.

galrond

I'm actually not sure I even want to start another chapter. The last three rows of 18 were the antithesis of fun. More like horrible. And I'm still stuck there in my Beta city. Not a chance I would start another chapter before the holidays are over. Maybe January. Now I'm wondering who to punish by putting all my kp into their AW's.
You´re welcome to punish me ;)

salandrine

My opinion is always, to get through a chapter as soon as possible. There ist so much space blocked with all the guest race buildings. And I am always forced to do the same things all the time. When I am not often enough joining the game, it will take a while longer to finish the chapter. And I am blocked. I cant help my FS with the next upcoming FA, cant play an event like I want it to play. I am simply limited. And I dont like that. I then have no freedom of choice

ekarat

@Dimma If you are wiling to teleport half of your city and crazy clicking on 70 small ships, once you research them, you can finish the rest of the chapter in about 3 weeks, if you click on the shortest time production in your small ships(15min).
Otherwise it will take longer than that.

Ch18 is worse:
Provided you have settlement big enough, you're limited by Portal production of badges. With leveling, it doesn't produce more badges, but produces them faster, so at lv4. you have to be online every 2 hours (or use thousands of 1 & 2h instants).
If you are logging only twice or three times per day and you don't want or cannot use thousands of 1&2h instants, you're screwed, bacause you can create only 5 badges for 2h production on a single logging.

With 3 logs/day and no time instants used, it's only 15 badges / day and once you start researching for badges, the columns go like this:
4*25,4*60,4*100,5*150,4*210,4*280,3*300, so with 15 badges/day, player will probably quit of boredom before finishing the chapter.

Even with 24/7 playing (6h gaps for sleeping), player can produce around 45 badges / day (without using time instants) and a single 300 research takes a whole week to research.
For a player with 15 badges/day it would take whopping 2 months for each research in the last column!

ps: The whole research for a player logging 3 times per day, therefore producing only 15 badges/day, takes a whole 9 and 2/3 months!!
And they can still have additional delays from having settlement not big enough, therefore producing even less than 15 badges/day.
Like i wrote above, the 2h cap on portal badges production is simply wrong, wrong and wrong again.

This is an exaggeration. 2000 of the 2-hour instants will give you 10,000 badges, assuming you get medals without instants. The last column requires 900 badges. Plus, this is only a supplement for not being online every two hours.

I've been supplementing what I need with time instants, and I've used maybe 100 of the 2-hours? Not thousands.

Now, if you're rushing the medal production as well, that gets much more expensive, so I don't do that.

Lovec Krys

@ekarat My main point was about the fact, that players who are not logging every 2 hours for portal production most likely won't use any time instants (either because they don't want to, or can't), so they just have lower portal production, and that makes chapter significaly longer, just due to not logging every 2 hours.

edeba

My beta city will never see chapter 16 because of the punitive changes against advancement towards the tournament, and if that was fixed, it would never see chapter 17, 18, or 19 because those chapters aren't fun, they are torture.

I liked the chapters that you could actually do without the tons of space, but with the portal profit.

ekarat

@ekarat My main point was about the fact, that players who are not logging every 2 hours for portal production most likely won't use any time instants (either because they don't want to, or can't), so they just have lower portal production, and that makes chapter significaly longer, just due to not logging every 2 hours.

My point is that you can make significant progress with only a large handful of instants to help you catch up, and there are enough sources of these instants (spire, magic academy, some events) that this is not an unreasonable burden.

Yes, there is an encouragement to use instants, but previous chapters had that too.

Yes, I would prefer a longer queue, but in my opinion it's not even close to as bad as the small ships in the previous chapter with the 15 minute pickups..

But ultimately, I want to encourage people to find the ways that give them these instants and to use them.

Ursus Major

Is it confirmed that both wonders of Chap18 are mandatory?
Hello,
no you need at least to activated one of them for the final quest.
The best one, (it's my point of view of course) is the temple of spirit witch gave you unurium... that save some divine seeds of your trader

Enevhar Aldarion

Hello,
no you need at least to activated one of them for the final quest.
The best one, (it's my point of view of course) is the temple of spirit witch gave you unurium... that save some divine seeds of your trader

That is what the quest asked for, but the data files currently show you need all three of the final researches done before you can start chapter 19.

Jaxom

If the chapter quests did not require researching both then I would hope that they are not needed. Rather stupid to do mislead your most loyal players.
I really wish that someone would confirm this before the chapter is released.

If it is true then I have to build a new gate and research that second wonder. I teleported some hubs just in case but it will still take me weeks to get those badges. And who knows, I might take a look at the new chapter and decide that it is not worth putting in the effort. Just stop at this point. I would be very tempted.

Please get this question resolved.

Ursus Major

Well, I am agree with Jaxom, it's "Rather stupid to do mislead your most loyal players.
I really wish that someone would confirm this before the chapter is released."

On the chapter "the trader of Unur" we didn’t need to activate the two wonders to move on to chapter 18.
If Inno confirms the information of the necessity of the two wonders activate, then we must express our disagreement. A very large number of players may stop altogether.
Lift up the entire gate to redo 300 badges!!!! Noway !

Arthus

With chapter 19, just don't follow "let's produce tens of thousands of badges, 5 badges per 2h maximum" pattern from chapter 18 please.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
With chapter 19, just don't follow "let's produce tens of thousands of badges, 5 badges per 2h maximum" pattern from chapter 18 please.
I can promise you, it won't be copy paste from the last chapter. In fact every new chapter has had something new/unique compared to the previous chapters in the past, so I don't see why this would suddenly change.

Anyway I don't want to spoil anything, and I hope nobody else spoils anything either!
You just have to wait a little while longer until the chapter arrives.