• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 16: Embassies

Arthus

After some time of consideration - this chapter related - I got afraid of Elvenar future chapters being pretty much predictable. We met humans and elves agreement in ch15, now the same is going on around dwarves and fairies. Ah, my biggest wish of this game, current for a years - to have a second playfield, found it´s second place, replaced by not having orcs and woodelves in chapter 17. If so, the game will become predictable for another 2 years, and we will not see a surprise for all that time.

This chapter has cool graphics, story, all, but I found myself, what am I missing here - a surprise. Just something to be hyped for..

Last breakthrough we saw in ch12 - sentient goods. It´s been a while since then, so maybe it´s time to come up with something brand new next time, just to give it a fresh breath, because last 2 chapters, I´m pretty much missing it.

I predicted that future races will return long before they returned.

Lack of passion of this team towards Elvenar is seen since Halflings chapter, when residences became 1 style towards Chapter 16 and it spirals downward.

Recycling and reworking always means lack of ideas, in game industry it signals that team is lost and has no strategy where to lead the game.

This is shocking especially because they refused to use player-created amazing chapter propositions.
As a developer i would fire creative team who recycles the chapters instead of creating new ideas.
There was tons of possibilities.

Unurians, Sirens, Trolls, Shadow Elves, Cosmic Races
There's untouched Slavic Culture, Asian Culture.

They based whole fairy chapter and May/June events on Celtic Culture.
Sidhe (queen of fairies) is a magical race in mythology, Banshees are one of the kinds of Sidhe.
They revolt around celebrating Wheel of the year, Solar Solstice, Beltane, Celtic/Pagan celebrations, staying close minded for another cultures, visibly lacking creativity, unlike FOE team which took from many cultures of the world.

This is probably because Inno Games central is inside Germany, after many years they are still sceptic towards Slavic culture and see western culture as superior, hence Viccan/Celtic/German pagan celebrations and no other influences, with slight chinese/japanese/korean motives in Fairy buildings and Panda Bears.

CrazyWizard

I predicted that future races will return long before they returned.

Lack of passion of this team towards Elvenar is seen since Halflings chapter, when residences became 1 style towards Chapter 16 and it spirals downward.

Recycling and reworking always means lack of ideas, in game industry it signals that team is lost and has no strategy where to lead the game.

This is shocking especially because they refused to use player-created amazing chapter propositions.
As a developer i would fire creative team who recycles the chapters instead of creating new ideas.
There was tons of possibilities.

Unurians, Sirens, Trolls, Shadow Elves, Cosmic Races
There's untouched Slavic Culture, Asian Culture.

They based whole fairy chapter and May/June events on Celtic Culture.
Sidhe (queen of fairies) is a magical race in mythology, Banshees are one of the kinds of Sidhe.
They revolt around celebrating Wheel of the year, Solar Solstice, Beltane, Celtic/Pagan celebrations, staying close minded for another cultures, visibly lacking creativity, unlike FOE team which took from many cultures of the world.

This is probably because Inno Games central is inside Germany, after many years they are still sceptic towards Slavic culture and see western culture as superior, hence Viccan/Celtic/German pagan celebrations and no other influences, with slight chinese/japanese/korean motives in Fairy buildings and Panda Bears.

Yeah it's one big conspiracy against the east.
Grow up!

Arthus

Yeah it's one big conspiracy against the east.
Grow up!

please stop spamming and return back to the topic or if you don't have anything wise to say, stay quiet.
I've put a lot of proof what cultural references elvenar represents, show your work in the topic.

CrazyWizard

please stop spamming and return back to the topic or if you don't have anything wise to say, stay quiet.
I've put a lot of proof what cultural references elvenar represents, show your work in the topic.

You put 0 proof at all, you only try to confirm you bias. which is so incredibly negative that it becomes extremely annoying many of your post have some negative tone in one way or another which is very very very annoying to keep reading.
Whenever your name pops up me and i'll guess plenty of others start to sigh once again.

Last edited:

Lissona

Temple of Serenity building (basic mana building from chapter 16) is actually weaker than Aqueduct from chapter 16.
I would assume that the average player is online at more or less fixed times. A time span of 24 hours is much more effective than a time span of 18 hours: if you can be online at 8 a.m. in the morning, it will most likely be useless if the 18 hour production is finished at 2 a.m...

Lovec Krys

@Lissona That's not a problem, unless you log in once per day, both buildings have early collect.
But it's funny that building from ch16 gives less mana than building from ch14. The only advantage of Temple of Serenity is that, it costs T4 instead of seeds (in case you have some extra T4 and are short of seeds).

Dony

King of Bugs
Temple of Serenity gives more mana if you can log into game once per day, and this building is meant exatcly for this kind of players. This players are the ones which cant do events regularly and thus missing on event buildings which are usually much better.

Dony

King of Bugs
It answers question perfectly fine, Arthus purposedly didnt showed all the mana buildings, because then you would saw that this behaviour is in every single chapter, mana per tile per hour is not everything, and in some cases means nothing.

Lovec Krys

But then we would still be around numbers of Weeping Willow, and we are not:
Chapter Better building than best from prev. chapters
Wizards & Dragons - yes
Halfings - yes (altough Grapewines are only 6h, so it's better to skip them)
Elementals - yes
Amuni - not
Constructs - yes
Elvenars - no
Embassies - no

So even if we count Halfings as no, we are in the biggest gap between raising mana production of standard building, since up until Constructs , there was always a better mana building at least every second chapter and now we have second chapter where there isn't better mana building.

And btw. players who log only once per day (or less) will never reach the Embassies chapter anyway by my opinion - mainly due to decay combined with 9h expired goods cap, so by my opinion they will never produce enough T6 to pass through Elvenar chapter (if they ever get there anyway).

Last edited:

Arthus

Does mana matter in this game after S&D?

Once I unlocked the dragon abbey mana has never been a part of my game anymore.

No but chapter 16 shows 2-3x less growth in most event buildings than previous chapters and it's funny that base buildings are weaker.
Premium 3800 diamonds building is barely better than chapter 14 one with pop/cult.
Festival merchant grows astonishing +40 seeds per 12h. It's like refusing us more productions for city development.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard You shouldn't have written it - they might nerf it next time.
Btw. For players without large surpluss of spells, it matters (usualy those who play tournaments only little or not at all (for whatever reason)). And even for those who play tournaments modarately, it still matters at some extent.

Jaxom

There has been some interesting discussion on what happens in Chapter 16. I have finished 15 and collected the chest at the start of 16. So even though I have not completed, or started, any research I can use RR spells to upgrade to Chapter 16. And I guess I will get Chapter 16 buildings in future events. They may not be much good but they should be at least a bit better than their Chapter 15 versions.

As I look at the research in Chapter 16 I really wonder what benefits they give me. More capacity in my Main Hall. More population from the larger residences. More production from larger workshops. Faster production in the larger Training Grounds.

But I don't play for ranking so the new wonders are worthless. I use Drone Riders so infrequently that I often forget that they are an option.

To get through Chapter 16 I would need to fill all free space, leaving me with no room for buildings to do events and FAs. It is estimated that I will need to keep those buildings in place for at least 4 months since I will not spend diamonds to complete a chapter.

Am I missing something? Why should I do this chapter? All comments, including moderator, are welcome.

palmira

The only thing missing from this chapter to compensate the squad upgrades we have to do is an upgrade to troops. So will we soon have 4* troops or new troops?

DeletedUser2561

There will be no new troops.

Why?

First of all, troops from barracks are good against two different enemy types. Troops from training ground are especially good against one of them, mercenary troops are great against the other. Unless developers change the "Who's strong against whom" pentagram philosophy, everything is covered. (Some troops like elven mages may be weak and not properly fulfill their role, but that's a different story.)

Second, when comparing the new troops to the old ones, they would either be completely useless at 1* level (and we would not see 2* units in the introductory chapter, given the pace of 3 troop upgrades per chapter), or be completely overpowered when they reach 3* level, replacing the old units for all practical purposes. To make it work, the tech tree of previous chapters would need to be altered to make the new troops appear much earlier.

Overall, there is no problem to be fixed by adding new troops. Except that we are used to 3 troop upgrades per chapter, but adding 4* to old troops is easier with less side-effects. And it will fix the problem for 5 chapters to come. Honestly, I am very surprised to NOT see 4* troops in chapter 16.