• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 16: Embassies

CrazyWizard

If they're doing 10K+ points each tournament then maybe. My projections indicate that I will be bottlenecked by KP intake by quite a bit - that's with about 5K tournament points every week. And I didn't budget for ginormous settlement either.

Thats a little +- 400kp a week. 168 regular the rest tournaments. 25-30 provincies *5 rounds
I think 1-2 researches a week is a a pretty brutal pace for most people.

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont like it aswell, because this were 2 best in slot buildings, but if they plan for future to make buildings relevant for max 5 chapters and then it will go downhill then maybe we wont be stuck with same buildings forever, maybe they want to give exact same stast for next new building so instead of upgrading same building over and over we can win something usefull in future events, because lets be real here, barely any new building is good just because old ones were great, if they want to excite us again then this could be one way of doing it in a future

Just look at were we are right now, image 5 next big events to be like last easter event, how many ppl would actually still want to buy something during event?

Regardless of that this change should be communicated throu release notes in balancing section, so devs are clear and transparent about it with their community, i have almost wasted RRS to upgrade this buildings

Deleted User - 81190

Regardless of that this change should be communicated throu release notes in balancing section
Yeah, one would think that this "small" detail would be mentioned somewhere, ffs. They haven't just devalued these buildings, but devalued RRs as well. Not to mention that you potentially can't hunt for "good" buildings anymore - good buildings today can be bad tomorrow. And it can be done completely on a whim.

Karvest

Even those goods/seeds/mana production event buildings which are still improved when switching from ch15 to ch16 - got a minimal production boost, almost nothing, comparing with previous chapters.

CrazyWizard

I dont like it aswell, because this were 2 best in slot buildings, but if they plan for future to make buildings relevant for max 5 chapters and then it will go downhill then maybe we wont be stuck with same buildings forever, maybe they want to give exact same stast for next new building so instead of upgrading same building over and over we can win something usefull in future events, because lets be real here, barely any new building is good just because old ones were great, if they want to excite us again then this could be one way of doing it in a future

Just look at were we are right now, image 5 next big events to be like last easter event, how many ppl would actually still want to buy something during event?

Regardless of that this change should be communicated throu release notes in balancing section, so devs are clear and transparent about it with their community, i have almost wasted RRS to upgrade this buildings

I don't think thats the reason at all, the reason is more related to having no sinks in the event to spend money on, as long as buildings are up to par with the previous events and interesting we will get exited enough.

I can only come up with one single reason they are doing this and that is to create a bigger incentive for people to buy premium buildings.
Those buildings arent good enough compared to (former) event buildings and this is there solution to create a difference.

Why would you ever buy those premium mana buildings the offer if you have former event buildings like that.

Yeah, one would think that this "small" detail would be mentioned somewhere, ffs. They haven't just devalued these buildings, but devalued RRs as well. Not to mention that you potentially can't hunt for "good" buildings anymore - good buildings today can be bad tomorrow. And it can be done completely on a whim.

This is the other side of the coin, why spend money on an event building if there is no future path. if the money you spend on it will become useless over time.
I remember spending money on a few events just because I wanted that stuff so I could keep hold on it. And with me several of my (former) fellowship members.

They should go back to the drawing board for events and make the grand prize buildings grand again like in the past. and daily prizes should be a combination of decent but not grand prize level prizes and sink items.
Past year we event got former "grand prizes" als daily prizes, and now at every event people compare new daily buildings to those former grand prizes instead of a grand prize being exactly that. it also hurts those that actually spend money on those grand prize buildings to aquire them.

Lovec Krys

Well, this kind of changes perfectly suits the worst strategy possible, because it can end only one way. If they don't change the current developement heading, this game is finished. It can take some time, but without change it's inevitable.

I can only come up with one single reason they are doing this and that is to create a bigger incentive for people to buy premium buildings.
And they will fail miserably. If the only good mana buildings will be those diamond ones, guess how big part of player base buys them and how big part of player base quits this game instead.
Making this game unplayable for anyone who doesn't spend a lot is the best way how to kill the game.

I BEG ALL PLAYERS, IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING GOOD WHAT GIVES YOU ANY RESOURCE, PLEASE DON'T POST IN ON FORUM, DEVELOPERS MIGHT NOTICE IT AND NERF IT NEXT TIME.

Dony

King of Bugs
I don't think thats the reason at all, the reason is more related to having no sinks in the event to spend money on, as long as buildings are up to par with the previous events and interesting we will get exited enough.
you said exactly what i said in different words

Nerfing production event buildings make no incetive to buy RRS which many players did, no everybody is in 10 chest fellowship from whole player base, so the question is why we should and bother to play new events? New production buildings will have barely any increase in future, New buildings are barely any good aswell for current chapter, why should then devs spend time and resources to produce something players will not play? Or are you actually believe players are so stupid that its enough that they will introduce new golden unicorn (easter 2020) and everybody will spend money like there is no tommorow?

Yes they will come up with event like easter 2019 or autumn zodiac where spending money would make sense in a long run (unless they plan to nerf phoenixes and bears in future chapters aswell and lower their effects)

I get it its a balancing from their point, but to balance out they need to do something on other side aswell for future events.

Those buildings arent good enough compared to (former) event buildings and this is there solution to create a difference.
do you actually believe that those players will play and buy something in events when premium buildings are so good? I dont
I believe those buildings are there exactly for people who dont want to play events or cant play, and they are fast alternative

alainemk

I get it its a balancing from their point, but to balance out they need to do something on other side aswell for future events.
Planned obsolescence. But if I am going to spend money on something I would like it to maintain its value for more than a chapter or two.

Arthus

Well not improving buildings like Tavern Set's fountain in chapter 16 is the one of the latest reasons to not do this chapter/leave the game.
They want to force us to put these weakened evolution buildings in towns.

To be honest it violates consument's law in my country. I'm considering informing officials about this, restoration spells can be made via diamonds which can be bought via real money so it touches the competency of Consumer Ombudsman.

So the player makes fountain via restoration to chapter 15 and then fountain stops to improve it's statistics like other old sets, because they changed their mind about royal restoration. It's tricking consument without informing him at the beginning that product won't be upgradable at some point.

At this point we all have rights to refund us all royal restorations wasted by this time on the buildings touched by the restoration cap.

Of course for 1000th time it's a strike against experienced players to benefit newer players, it has to be said.

Last edited:

iDavis

I would not be surprised at all, if the reason behind these balancing changes was - once again - spire. Until spire was released, events provided all rewards together - buildings, instants and diamonds (as WWs). Well, spire was introduced, and as they stated many times in the past, they are trying to develop the game so that every feature has a unique rewards to offer. Because spire took instants and diamonds, to make it a unique source, these went out of the events, where building-only prizes remained. Hovewer, this appeared to be neglibile prizes for many players and as they didn´t want to let spire take profits from the events, step for a change was needed, dividing in 2 possible scenarios. Increasing stats for new buildings (what would, after several events, get whole thing out of balance again) or decreasing stats of older ones. The latter won. That´s how I see it.

And honestly, I don´t feel angry at all, even though I own one of those touched set buildings. What looks bad today may look better tomorrow, I would wait which steps will be done next.

mrossnyc

Would someone let me know at which point upgrades to Tea House and Beer Festival become available? I don't see a tech for upgrades and am wondering if each level is tied to the Senate upgrades or maybe the Embassies? My Beta city is too young to try out the new chapter and I'm trying to get a sense of when to start in my live city. Many thanks!

Lovec Krys

@iDavis But what production sets have to do with Spire rewards? No reward in Spire gives T1-3, mana or seeds in the latest chapter. No, there is only one explanation - since the production evo buildings are weak and no match for the old sets, instead of making evo buildings better - which would motivate players to invest in events - they chose to destroy the old sets, which don't motivate to invest anyone.
By destroying old sets, they didn't motivate anyone to invest into the same weak evo buildings (and still becoming even weaker!), they just motivated many players to quit.
By my opinion - very very bad game strategy (unless the goal is to loose all players, cancel the game and do something else (of course this move will not loose them all players at once, but every move like this will motivate increasing amount of players to quit)).

CrazyWizard

I would not be surprised at all, if the reason behind these balancing changes was - once again - spire. Until spire was released, events provided all rewards together - buildings, instants and diamonds (as WWs). Well, spire was introduced, and as they stated many times in the past, they are trying to develop the game so that every feature has a unique rewards to offer. Because spire took instants and diamonds, to make it a unique source, these went out of the events, where building-only prizes remained. Hovewer, this appeared to be neglibile prizes for many players and as they didn´t want to let spire take profits from the events, step for a change was needed, dividing in 2 possible scenarios. Increasing stats for new buildings (what would, after several events, get whole thing out of balance again) or decreasing stats of older ones. The latter won. That´s how I see it.

And honestly, I don´t feel angry at all, even though I own one of those touched set buildings. What looks bad today may look better tomorrow, I would wait which steps will be done next.

I believe in positive changes. a balance issue can be solved in 2 matters. you either nerf one or empower another.
A nerf in my opinion should always be a last resort matter, aka if the game is already nearing it's dead to salvage and rebuild upon it's remains,

Unless thats the case this is a poor decision.

Lissona

@Lovec Krys exactly, it's strategy called "let's destroy what was good so new weak prizes will look better this way".
Perhaps the strategy is also called: we have learned from our mistakes and will do better for the majority of the new players - who in the long run also represent the player base and thus the source of income (the mistake with old players cannot be corrected anyway).

Arthus

Temple of Serenity building (basic mana building from chapter 16) is actually weaker than Aqueduct from chapter 16.
1586776165377.png

Someone didn't balance out this chapter well.

Luckily only fountain from the Tavern set doesn't grow it's production, it stays at 103500... Others do.
Owl set too ;)

Some building's growth is laughtable, spire library +200 scrolls.
Festival merchant from 1500 to 1540 killed me. It was already +80 from chapter 14 to 15. Now +40.

iDavis

After some time of consideration - this chapter related - I got afraid of Elvenar future chapters being pretty much predictable. We met humans and elves agreement in ch15, now the same is going on around dwarves and fairies. Ah, my biggest wish of this game, current for a years - to have a second playfield, found it´s second place, replaced by not having orcs and woodelves in chapter 17. If so, the game will become predictable for another 2 years, and we will not see a surprise for all that time.

This chapter has cool graphics, story, all, but I found myself, what am I missing here - a surprise. Just something to be hyped for..

Last breakthrough we saw in ch12 - sentient goods. It´s been a while since then, so maybe it´s time to come up with something brand new next time, just to give it a fresh breath, because last 2 chapters, I´m pretty much missing it.

DeletedUser2630

Some will applaud the enthusiasm, even if they order it to erase the whole city and play again, alpinists.

Deleted User - 81190

This chapter has cool graphics, story, all, but I found myself, what am I missing here - a surprise.
On the contrary, I seem to be surprised here all the time. Not a long time ago decent prizes from events started to disappear, we've got introduced to this... thing... of lotto-style prizes, then the new chapter brought caps on chapter upgrades. I can't wait to see what's next... /s

You can take bets on what would be nerfed next.