• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 16: Embassies

Alcaro

no big deal, where are over 100 items in my inventory, other 2 can't harm much :D :D :D

EDIT - I could teleport them now and start 2 x T2-1 :D, then 2 x T3-1 ... I have plenty of time, the tournament isn't appealing anymore, so why not upgrading stuff I'll need 2 years from now? :D

maxiqbert

indeed, we have yet to bring the t3 to level 31
edit : but seeing we have nothing useful to do, you can just as well prepare for the distant future

Lovec Krys

And from the tech tree (thx. iDavis on our forum) it seems that without upgrading Main Hall to max. lvl, we won't be able to enter ch 17 (costs 92% capacity of both coins & supplies)

Lovec Krys

@Karvest I did (in my live city), but not all players/cities have the needed resources immadiatelly. For example, my beta city has researched the new MH days ago(probably last week or week before that), but:
1598847997632.png
1598848020387.png

Simply not enough T2 yet.
Other cities can be short of coins/mana to upgrade it fast.
My beta city has still unlocked expansion from Elvenars (that, with the changed requirements, not enough scrolls/t2).
With the requirements of the latest chapters, many cities are operating on (or beyond) their limits.

Even in my live city after finishing the ch16 research, it took me at least another month to upgrade all the buildings (mainly due to coin/seeds/orcs requirements). Without placing another 10 Savory food markets & 4 Amuni Ships from my inventory (won in previous events) I would still be upgrading them.

Last edited:

Karvest

for me in ch15 that's a few days of T2 production (even without crosstrades, which cutting it down to 2 days), doubt in ch16 I would have lower production if I ever go there.

Lovec Krys

@Karvest I admit that with my beta city I was rushing through chapters as fast as I could (to catch up my live city to be able to test new chapters when they are released), so some things were left behind (like many unupgraded manufactories (both expired and normal goods went to research primarily, so many of my manufactories are still at lv 24), some factories (specifically T2) are still in lesser numbers than optimal). Basically while my beta city has reached the end of the ch16 (all mandatory research finished in recent days), many of my buildings are still left behind on their Elvenar or even pre-Elvenar levels.
I'm currently researching Union Streets, after that I'll focus on fixing my goods production problems (some time ago I had only 2 T3 manus on beta, I had to raise that number to 4, now I have to fix that for T2 too (only 3, 2 24lv, just started to built the 4th).
So rushing through chapters at max. speed has consequencies and I have to deal with them now.

That of course doesn't change the fact, that others might be out of various required resources for various reasons different from my beta city's.

edeba

The t2 manufacturers got royally downgraded in the chapter 16 upgrades. I missed this until this week when discussing manufacturers with a friend that mentioned the t2 were making considerably less goods per square than t1 or t3. I know that I had missed it because somehow I was thinking my crystal was 24 square, not 28, so that it gave a little less than the 25 square marble made sense.

Going from level 27 to 28 gave zero increase per square, took a ton more population and culture, so it was effectively a downgrade and regressive to game performance.

Heffernan

Finally finished chapter 15, took a little rest and now thinking of starting chapter 16. However skimming through this thread this caught my attention...
better prepare for 2 million orcs than goods. Goods can be given to you. Orcs don't.
Or use portal instants when you can.
Whoa :eek: !!! 2 million what ??? So, my questions are as follows...
Do you really need to produce that many orcs in this chapter ?
...and if so
How do you do that ? What buildings I need and how many ? Any other tricks ?

I upgraded a couple of armories, but it's obvious I would need lots of those and still look at playing this chapter a long long time.

Lovec Krys

@Heffernan Welcome to the chapters with crazy costs.
Everyone I know has built a few additional armories for this chapter (I myself started with 8 and ended with 12 armories).
And with the chapter 16 I personaly have started to do the chapters in 2 steps:
Step1: Research
Step2: Building upgrades (no space and resources to upgrade them during research phase)
Just look what new levels of buildings upgrades costs and you will see why i did it.
Hint: manus & armories ch16 levels costs seeds, ch17 manus costs 1M+ mana for each upgrade level
(my main city has finished ch17 month ago and i still need another month to upgrade my remaining manus (6+2 * 4 levels, each 1M+ mana)).
(in other words, for the upgrades in ch16 i built seed farm(my 12 armories upgrades cost around 2M orcs), for ch17 I built mana farm in the place after settlement destruction)

Enevhar Aldarion

Finally finished chapter 15, took a little rest and now thinking of starting chapter 16. However skimming through this thread this caught my attention...

...and if so

I upgraded a couple of armories, but it's obvious I would need lots of those and still look at playing this chapter a long long time.

I could not tell you the details now, but I did chapter 16 in about 4 months and with only 6 max level armories.

Arthus

...and if so

Yes you need 2 millions of orcs for researches.
In chapter 17 a lot less, same will be in chapter 18 (which will need mega-tons of mana).
If you cant afford making a lot of armories, use orc-giving buildings that appear sometimes in creation slots in magic academy.
Or orc ships from June event which are the best event buildings for orcs. Also having witches hut from halloween helps.

Heffernan

Thx for advice.
I should be able to build at least 6, maybe a cpl more armories total.
Unfortunately orcs haven't really been an issue before, so I've passed by option to try and win "orc buildings" in events.

... I personaly have started to do the chapters in 2 steps:
Step1: Research
Step2: Building upgrades (no space and resources to upgrade them during research phase)
looks like a good roadmap, I'll try that.

Four months is probably too ambitious for me, I'll try to keep it under a year :rolleyes:.

I mentioned earlier elsewhere that I like my other young town (about to reach dwarves chapter) better cause it's somehow more relaxed, feel like I have a handle on things... this is just why.
I'm not afraid of challenge, but if the challenge is how long you can endure seemingly endless grinding (building up resources) then... Well I almost deleted my old account twice during chapter 15 cause of that .

edeba

...and if so

Continuing from here is actually very regressive. My thoughts are where you are is a good "resting" place to work on strengthen your city and wait and see what they do with at least chapter 18. There is supposed to be stronger military coming, but not sure that it would be strong enough to overcome the declines in strength from chapter 16 and 17.

Deleted User - 81190

There is supposed to be stronger military coming, but not sure that it would be strong enough to overcome the declines in strength from chapter 16 and 17.
I am sure everyone is anxiously awaiting 10% improvements to the Drone Riders...

edeba

I am sure everyone is anxiously awaiting 10% improvements to the Drone Riders...
That kind of pales in comparison to having the fire phoenix, or two or three...

The mindset for the game really doesn't make sense, a single game piece with the strength of about 5 AW without penalty and then reckless difference to the use of game resources from having AWs. So, instead have those 5 AWs in your city and you need 45% more mana, coin, supplies, military, etc., for every battle or cater. And with that, I think that's maxing at 40% extra strength, not 50% like the bird.

Never has the game been more out of "balance."

Adjustments to the steepness of increasing difficulty in the new tournament, to the AW penalty, to the premium expansion penalty are all needed to bring and kind of common sense or balance back to the game.

If you max your premium expansions and have those 5 AWs, you need 92% more resources.

Someone screwed up so royally in the game design with this new tournament and the ego is bigger than Trump, seriously bigger than Trump in how dismissive it has been of player feedback.