1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Challenges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marindor, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Brascaly

Brascaly New Member

What I "smell" with these challenge events is a bit of "We've put a lot of effort into developing the crafting addition to the MA and players aren't using it much. I know... someone suggests, let's put together an event giving out a few crafting bits as prizes so that players get the hang of using our new crafting addition then hopefully it'll get used more often"

I could be totally wrong here as this is just my hunch. If however I'm right and there is an element of truth in my gut feelings, then I'd strongly suggest that the limitations of the 5 crafting recipes are the real reason why crafting isn't too popular.

I'd guess that like myself, most players have ample 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2 culture buildings, ample spells, ample relics and the small kp bundles aren't exactly inspiring either.

In summary most of the time for me all 5 recipes have zero appeal, very occasionally I see something there that I'll choose to craft but mostly it's just to use up the crafting bits I've gained.
    For certain, I won't be spending 75 diamonds a go to see the next set of 5 recipes that don't appeal :)

Sorry guys, but if you are hoping to fix crafting with these challenge event rewards then I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

SoggyShorts and lika1961 like this.
  2. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

The final challenge prize: 25 Vapors.

Is it worth it? I've only got 10 workshops to use, so even with bread all day it's going to be tight.

What value does Vision Vapor really have?
    If you only care about the 500 diamonds, how many diamonds is 25 VV actually worth?

500 diamonds offered about half the time(?)
    So 500/2= 250 diamonds
    25 vapor only gets you 1/4 of the way to that Mystical Object chest, so
    250/4 = 62.5 diamonds
    you only have a 20% chance of winning diamonds though, so
    62.5/5 = 12.5

The last 2,000 points, almost half of the effort in the challenge gives under 13 diamonds as a reward. Sure, you get other prizes from the Mystical Object chest when you don't win diamonds, but it could also be argued that the 25 vapor also takes 100% of extra the effort since you would get the other Challenge prizes simply by playing like you normally do so IMO that's a wash.

Bottom line: I started doing 1h bread today and after some thought, I've stopped and I'll sacrifice the 12.5 diamonds in order to complete the challenge with zero effort instead.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    CiraKelley and lika1961 like this.
  3. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

Got 35 KP from chest granted by that VV

4. SoggyShorts

Ok but only 1/4 of that was from the 25 VV, you earned the other 75 VV from crafting.

So 9 KP. You got 9 KP from the last chest in the challenge event. It's not nothing, but I wouldn't sign in 30 times over the next 2 days to pull it off.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

I just built an extra 6 level 1 workshops and set them for 24 hours and finished quite early. I guess I also used a bunch of spells. I had not used spells for quite some time so it was a good time to build up some extra goods with some of the MM I had in inventory. But I finished with 18 hours left or something and I have 8 workshops.

6. SoggyShorts

Yeah, I'd think so, how many would you guess is "a bunch"?
    I don't love stacking MM spells. Mine last just over 16h which is perfect for when I place one in the morning, it lasts me all day. If I use 2, then the second is 50% wasted while I sleep.

Loki Blue likes this.
  7. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

I did one on my manus each of two days, no stacking. I never stack spells either. So... 25 manu each on two days, and I probably did 6 PoP as well.

8. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

maybe an oversight but casting pet food should also grant atleast 10 medals

maxiqbert likes this.
  9. soleil

soleil Well-Known Member

10. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

NO, please some rest. :eek:

11. soleil

soleil Well-Known Member

Boo! Fun sucker alert! (I kid, I kid)