• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Challenges

DeletedUser2636

What I "smell" with these challenge events is a bit of "We've put a lot of effort into developing the crafting addition to the MA and players aren't using it much. I know... someone suggests, let's put together an event giving out a few crafting bits as prizes so that players get the hang of using our new crafting addition then hopefully it'll get used more often"

I could be totally wrong here as this is just my hunch. If however I'm right and there is an element of truth in my gut feelings, then I'd strongly suggest that the limitations of the 5 crafting recipes are the real reason why crafting isn't too popular.

I'd guess that like myself, most players have ample 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2 culture buildings, ample spells, ample relics and the small kp bundles aren't exactly inspiring either.

In summary most of the time for me all 5 recipes have zero appeal, very occasionally I see something there that I'll choose to craft but mostly it's just to use up the crafting bits I've gained.
For certain, I won't be spending 75 diamonds a go to see the next set of 5 recipes that don't appeal :)

Sorry guys, but if you are hoping to fix crafting with these challenge event rewards then I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

SoggyShorts

The final challenge prize: 25 Vapors.

Is it worth it? I've only got 10 workshops to use, so even with bread all day it's going to be tight.

What value does Vision Vapor really have?
If you only care about the 500 diamonds, how many diamonds is 25 VV actually worth?

500 diamonds offered about half the time(?)
So 500/2= 250 diamonds
25 vapor only gets you 1/4 of the way to that Mystical Object chest, so
250/4 = 62.5 diamonds
you only have a 20% chance of winning diamonds though, so
62.5/5 = 12.5

The last 2,000 points, almost half of the effort in the challenge gives under 13 diamonds as a reward. Sure, you get other prizes from the Mystical Object chest when you don't win diamonds, but it could also be argued that the 25 vapor also takes 100% of extra the effort since you would get the other Challenge prizes simply by playing like you normally do so IMO that's a wash.

Bottom line: I started doing 1h bread today and after some thought, I've stopped and I'll sacrifice the 12.5 diamonds in order to complete the challenge with zero effort instead.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Got 35 KP from chest granted by that VV
Ok but only 1/4 of that was from the 25 VV, you earned the other 75 VV from crafting.

So 9 KP. You got 9 KP from the last chest in the challenge event. It's not nothing, but I wouldn't sign in 30 times over the next 2 days to pull it off.

Last edited:

edeba

I just built an extra 6 level 1 workshops and set them for 24 hours and finished quite early. I guess I also used a bunch of spells. I had not used spells for quite some time so it was a good time to build up some extra goods with some of the MM I had in inventory. But I finished with 18 hours left or something and I have 8 workshops.

SoggyShorts

I guess I also used a bunch of spells.
Yeah, I'd think so, how many would you guess is "a bunch"?
I don't love stacking MM spells. Mine last just over 16h which is perfect for when I place one in the morning, it lasts me all day. If I use 2, then the second is 50% wasted while I sleep.

edeba

I did one on my manus each of two days, no stacking. I never stack spells either. So... 25 manu each on two days, and I probably did 6 PoP as well.

Yeah, I'd think so, how many would you guess is "a bunch"?
I don't love stacking MM spells. Mine last just over 16h which is perfect for when I place one in the morning, it lasts me all day. If I use 2, then the second is 50% wasted while I sleep.

ayvinul

I, for one, am happy to see a brainless challenge in the middle of summer, when lots of players are on vacation.We needed a break.

Lushette

Surely the prizes could have been made a little more interesting! Spell fragments? 1 pet food, 2 CCs and that tired old willy wonka building from years ago!

Earwen1

Right. I started playing Elvenar in September 2019, so this is the first time that I play a 'Challenge' like this.

At first I was a bit confused about the point of it, just to the point that I realized that there is no point.
We can do the productions at random and use enchantments at random for tokens.
The enchantments had been piling up for a while and made 2500 of the needed 3500 tokens. And they are not yet finished.

Is that all to it?

ekarat

I just don't find this engaging. The only saving grace is that it is easy. If it were not easy, I would not play.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I don't mind the way we get points for this challenge but the end prize for completing all the points would have be nice if it would be a selection for only 1 building out of the last 3 set prizes last building you could win.
That way it would have become a useful prize as well.

Angeduciel

really easy challenge, but the prizes are so useless (again) ! Can't we get options so we can chose something interesting for our own city? We all have a different playing style so I am not suprise to see that most of the time a bunch of players are unhappy about the rewards.

>>>We could have had option to take: temporary fighting boost buildings or even factory boosts, a few sets buildings to chose from , the ability to chose the artefacts we are looking for, etc. If you let us pick what is most helpful for us, events/challenges would become much more interesting!

Droopy

The pet-food prize is very nice and the last building is just ok IMO.

Also there could be easily added another step which would need more points (f.e. 7000)