• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser2418

I don't like the Spire as the prizes offered are not worth the cost in goods or troops and I for one cannot play both tourney and Spire without running out of everything.
Regarding the Autumn event, I was enjoying it to start with, but now (on Beta) find the quests are not rotated enough; for example I had "gain 9 relics" in four successive quests; this is making the event less fun to take part in. Also a lot of times the quests have been repeated every second or third quest.

DeletedUser1833

Congratulations, Inno, for the first time ever you have managed to completely kill my enjoyment of an event.

Starting out...
Randomisation of events : Good, but the implemented mechanism not so good - need to avoid close repetition of same/similar quests, and that might have been easily achievable by randomising order [of a group of quests] rather than selection from that group (with an option to leave out a small number of quests per rotation).
Level-limited buildings : Good, possibly needing the slight tweak for Magic Workshops (doesn't affect me, but I can see how others might be miffed). It means that cities can still be developed while the event is on, without feeling the need to allocate loads of space for L1 buildings.

Now...
The removal of 30% of the 'gain supply/goods' quests, and the "consequent" Keys cap, have made it unbalanced, very repetitive, tedious, more expensive, and less rewarding.

I'm looking forward to the end of the event ... not so that I can enjoy the benefits, but so that I can stop feeling sort of obliged to carry on doing it.
I suspect that I know why you really clobbered it so much ... but that might just be me being cynical.

Karvest

The removal of 30% of the 'gain supply/goods' quests, and the "consequent" Keys cap, have made it unbalanced, very repetitive, tedious, more expensive, and less rewarding.
"Gain goods" frequency is actually increased.

Maillie

I got the Brown Bear to level 10 and have decided that it's just not worth continuing toward evolving another. I have used a fortune worth of time boosts in getting this far and all through the event it's been quests that have repeated over and over, first the Toolbox quests, now the Vision Vapors and relics quests.

I have started to wave the white flag and am now going to surrender. It really doesn't feel good, it feels like I went to battle and lost.

My greatest hope is that the winter event, which is my favorite every year, doesn't fall prey to this format. Please. I love the artistry of the beautiful set buildings and culture buildings. I am so hoping that we can go back to a finite number of quests with a simple limit on how many main event rewards we can receive. The old quests were fine, and if we finish them all then we feel like we won. It's a much better feeling than quitting.

Dony

King of Bugs
Please. I love the artistry of the beautiful set buildings and culture buildings. I am so hoping that we can go back to a finite number of quests with a simple limit on how many main event rewards we can receive.
not gonna happen, as they said in this weeks QA on facebook, there will be infinite quests for foreseeable future

TomatoeHu

About the quests being hard. When you are in the last part of the event. Every quest is supposed to be hard. Maybe some are easy for one player specifically but for other players that one might be very hard. And another quest might be very hard for you, while its very easy for others. For example the scout or research is a lot different for a chapter 2 account, versus and end tech account.

About getting the same quests in a row. I can tell you that we are working on this already, but i cannot make promises that this will make it into this event still. The key is to prevent repetition of the exact same quest condition, without making the quests too predicable again. So it needs some coding.

Oh, wouldn't it be nice to get to the last cycle of 9999 repeating quests.. I would settle for getting to the second round of 30 repeating quests. I received three of the same quest back to back so maybe back to drawing board and tell them that predictable, is getting the same quest three times in a row. Doesn't get more predictable then that! t All I have to do is 3 Toolboxes, 3 Toolboxes, 3 Toolboxes. Boring. Seems like more than coding needs fixing, how about imaginative new quests that are fun? I think we all understand "that one might be very hard. And another quest might be very hard for you, while its very easy for others". Clearly we are past that, we get there must be difficulty.

Collected boosted goods: this quest has too high a requirement for chapters 1-7. Please attach an OR scout Or research for them. The amount for the quest is taking them past 24 hrs with MM spells to gain 6200. Maybe remind someone that level 10 factories make significantly less goods than level 24 factories.

DeletedUser2710

Even although i managed to fully upgrade one bear on beta i lost all the fun in this event. I can only stress what has been said again and again - the endless random quests might sound nice in theory, but they turn out to be a complete pain when you get a few times 5xtoolbox or scout/research in a row. And that the rewards are now additionally capped on live at such a small value is just the final straw :(

Lovec Krys

@Marindor Could you please forward this feedback to the developers?

Ok, since I think that no one is going to fix the broken random quests during this event, I have some suggestions for developers how to fix the broken random, so at least we can have it fixed in the next event.

a) Using altered system of last segment of Mermaid's event (it was 10 repeated quests, 8 of them had 2 variants randomly chosen).
Just choose from more than 2 variants for each quest, for example 3 or 4 or 5. With 5 variants for each quest, the whole system would be random enough. This system completely avoids the main problem of current random system (getting the same quests over and over even the same quest several times in a row).
It isn't comletely random, but with 5 variants, it should be random enough. It quarantees, that no one gets the same quest several times in a row.

If you realy insist on random and don't want to use algorithm described in (a), then the only option is to implement more complicated algorithm to avoid too much repeating.

b) Remembering last several quests to avoid repetition (modifies currently used algorithm)
Using this algorithm requires implementation of remembering several (let's say 5 or better 10) last completed event quests, stored for each city individualy (FIFO style).
When algorithm chooses new quest, it also checks if that quests hasn't been completed during last X quests. If so, then repeat until different one is chosen.
This would guarantee that no one gets the same quest several times in a row, and depending how you define X, players are guaranteed to get X different quests in a row.
But this is probably much more complicated to implement than (a) and requires storing additional data.

c) Double layer segments
First layer - segment with all quests from current quest segment (this is already there)
Second layer - segment with quests from first layer minus quests which player already completed (individualy stored to each city)
Would worked like this:
- Player enters segment (f.e. from easy quest segment to mid quest segment). Quests from first layer are copied (or just their IDs) and stored to the city.
- For next X quests, quests are chosen from second layer. Each chosen quest is then removed from the second layer.
- After finishing X quests, second layer is deleted. Then the whole process is repeated (with the same or next quest segment)

Depending how you define X, players are guaranteed to get X different quests in a row. However, there is a low chance that player can get the same quest two times in a row.
More complicated to implement than (a), also uses more memory than (b), small chance to get one quest two times in a row.

There are many other algorithms you can use for this, but without knowledge of Elvenar code it's difficult to guess which is easest to implement and best to fit.

I have also several other suggestions for quests:
24 hrs workshop quests shouldn't have level requirements, they are messing with supplies production too much.
Therefore players should be allowed to complete them with workshops at any level.
Or there should be at least an alternative: (for example: 3 Toolboxes in high level workshops OR 6 Toolboxes in any level workshops)

If you remove level requirement for 24h workshops, you can also add 24/48h quests for manufactories without manufactory level restriction for later segments (finishable with lv1 manufactories)

You can add more 3h or shorter quests for workshops, the main problem with workshop quests was with the 24h one.

Make less radical changes, it usualy ends bad and creates lots of player rage and even quits (especialy changes like cutting rewards by half).

If you need to slow down players from getting too much event currency, make it in higher segments, not from the start. Otherwise many players just gets frustrated and gains almost nothing from the event, or even completely give up of the event(s).

Verde

3rd time in a row, Gain 11 Relics ... enough, already! ... Random quests, NOT
If a RNG really is being used for this quest generation then it is seriously broken ... there are algorithms for testing these.
And if it's a homegrown selection algorithm then please read some of the helpful suggestions that have been made in the forum.
Alternatively, if fixing the problem that has been created is too difficult then please seriously consider reverting to an event quest version which did not have these problems.

ETA: When the quest comes up, there's an 'OK' button ... causing me a great deal of mental stress now to tap that button ... I really want an alternative button: 'NOT OK' or perhaps a 'It's not OK but need to close this popup' ... perhaps they could tally them for popularity?

Last edited:

palmira

3rd time in a row, Gain 11 Relics ... enough, already! ... Random quests, NOT
If a RNG really is being used for this quest generation then it is seriously broken ... there are algorithms for testing these.
I am, both on beta and live, on toolboxes (and live a lot of 15 VV), I am betting I will get the relics and 45 tourney encounters once the tourney is over...

DeletedUser3036

"random quest", yes, it is the case, but "number of quests : 4" the randomness isn't the problem here :D

Jackluyt

The last-minute change to the questing system really did not work!
Too many Scout-or-vapors by far.

Next time they are looking for a filler to slow down the game - how about ‘Collect 20 Golden Keys”? That would take 24 hours out of the game, and would be something different, at least!

71049752_10214827004129292_3860569042347622400_n.jpg

Jaxom

Please change the event quests to allow us to accomplish goods tasks with ANY factory from the current or previous chapter. Then we could use sentient factories to accomplish these things!
The new chapter requires so much production that it is hard to justify using up space for high-level T1 factories. These have little value in the main game. I don't need a level 27 T1 to satisfy my needs for tournaments and scouting. But you now require them for events.

Let us create 3 hour or 9 hour productions from any factory that from current or previous chapter. Your coders are good enough to figure out how to do that.