• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

Arthus

You would be very unlucky if you don't win one artefact on average every week. I hope you get it done in six weeks!

Happy for you new players, game is rewarding you while punishing us for playing 3 years without possibility to get universal artifact.
Merry Christmas.

little bee

3 tries @ 5% very easily missed.
2 tries at 10% also easy to miss.
1 try at 30% gonna miss that most of the time.

I'm still pre-coffee, but I'm reasonably certain that it won't require very bad luck at all to get fewer than 1 per week.
You forgot the mystery chests. But you are right, with those numbers alone you will only get an average of 3,9 artifacts in the 6 weeks and there is still an 1,3% chance of getting none at all. Even if my theory about the game being streaky rather than true random is wrong, the variance could still lead to a lot of frustration.

FieryArien

3 tries @ 5% very easily missed.
2 tries at 10% also easy to miss.
1 try at 30% gonna miss that most of the time.

I'm still pre-coffee, but I'm reasonably certain that it won't require very bad luck at all to get fewer than 1 per week.
Does it include the chance of getting a bonus chest? (I got an artifact from a purple chest - it was listed as 30% chance)

EDIT: LOL, @little bee, that was precisely timed.

SoggyShorts

You forgot the mystery chests.
Because mine were all blue and therefore mystery chests are B******!
J/k I totally messed up looking at the charts and included an assumption that you get one of each mystery chest. :oops:
@FieryArien
Without Mystery chests:
3 @ 5%
2 @ 10%
That's it.

The gold chests give 10%
the purple gives 30%

I think every encounter is a 10% chance at a chest with gates being 20% and bosses 30%?

So you get
36 @10% chance of a chest
9 @ 20% chance of a chest
3 @ 30% chance of a chest

I have no idea how the chests are weighted though. It certainly seems like Purple ones aren't nearly as frequent as blues.
@Karvest do you know the chance of getting each color of chest?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

haven't seen that info in client files
Do you remember how snowflakes were distributed? The ones around your city I mean.
It was something like
10/14 gave 1
3/14 gave 2
1/14 gave 3
As a shot in the dark I could see them using the same formula for chests

Karvest

keys in current event are distibuted:

percentagesubTtypeamount
20event_payback3
30event_payback2
50event_payback1
at least in client files

Deleted User - 81190

I have no idea how the chests are weighted though. It certainly seems like Purple ones aren't nearly as frequent as blues.
@Karvest do you know the chance of getting each color of chest?
Based on empirical data, it is about 60% Blue, 30% Gold and 10% Purple.

Pauly7

Do you remember how snowflakes were distributed? The ones around your city I mean.
It was something like
10/14 gave 1
3/14 gave 2
1/14 gave 3
As a shot in the dark I could see them using the same formula for chests
I'm almost certain that they play with this. It's quite common for them to keep dropping in 3s on the last day of an event, but hardly at all at other times.

I've spoken to at least more than 10 people this week who have said that on Live servers this week purple and gold chests have been falling all over the place. I myself, in one of my cities, got 2 purples and 2 golds on the first floor alone... and yet on Beta it's been the same old - On Beta I'm now partway through the third floor and have had nothing except for 2 blue chests. My first thought is that they are pre-empting another wave of people complaining about Spire sets not being completed by giving our a glut of opportunities in the final week.

All things being equal though, and assuming you get 1 gold and 1 purple each week (possible, but not certain), then on average you could be approaching 1 artefact a week. So, of course there are naturally some people who will end up with 12 and some people that get none - Note, I went through a spell of 45 weeks in my Live city winning only 1 Magic Residence from the spire. That's an edge case. I think the maths said that the odds of that run happening are less than 1%. There will be many disappointed people though.

Interesting that they have said that it "could be extended". I think they are going to look at how many people are reaching the top of the spire and how many artefacts they win. If that's right then it's heartening to know that perhaps they do want everyone to get some.

guivou

i think there is something wrong with this change , to climb top of the spire a fire phenix is required so player who reach top most of the time, does not need these artefact , and won't be happy in the last boss chest to get either PP or artefact . People who need more phenix artefact are those stopping before

Aeva

i think there is something wrong with this change , to climb top of the spire a fire phenix is required so player who reach top most of the time, does not need these artefact , and won't be happy in the last boss chest to get either PP or artefact . People who need more phenix artefact are those stopping before
That is actually not true. Live I have a city that is in Fairies and looks like a themepark. That city climbs the spire every week to the top. No phoenix available and only one poor brown bear at level 5. I would be very pleased if the phoenixes in the spire comes live.

Enevhar Aldarion

Since there are two Phoenix very much worth maxing out, both Fire and Storm, there is still plenty of reason for someone with only a max level Fire to want these artifacts.

little bee

Since there are two Phoenix very much worth maxing out, both Fire and Storm, there is still plenty of reason for someone with only a max level Fire to want these artifacts.
Why would the aureate phoenix not be worth maxing? The feeding effect may be useless, but it is worth 10 squares in population+culture and produces around 30 squares worth of T1 goods. How is that not good enough?

CrazyWizard

Why would the aureate phoenix not be worth maxing? The feeding effect may be useless, but it is worth 10 squares in population+culture and produces around 30 squares worth of T1 goods. How is that not good enough?
Don't forget the production is once every 2 days.

Because I found for me production it was "worth" about 12 sq in chapter 4.
also pop was "worth" 4-5 sq. culture another 4-5.

and with pop/sq buildings you also loose some gold production.

All with all, it just ain't good enough to really make a difference.

little bee

Don't forget the production is once every 2 days.

Because I found for me production it was "worth" about 12 sq in chapter 4.
also pop was "worth" 4-5 sq. culture another 4-5.

and with pop/sq buildings you also loose some gold production.

All with all, it just ain't good enough to really make a difference.
I did take the 48h production into account.
I was using chapter 14 values (highest chapter for wich elvengems has stats) and culture, population values from the current winter event (like father glitter tree or goblin gift shop); i.e. 1 square= 1080 culture= 540 population. The aurate phoenix gives 2686 population +5440 culture= 10 squares.

A lv. 27 T1 manufactory takes 20 square + 13,6 square in population+culture. It produces 3520 goods in 3h. So it can produce up to 840 goods per square and day (assuming no mountain hall and 8 3h collections per day). The aureate phoenix gives 52800 goods every 48h. That is more than 30 squares worth of production. Finally the aureate phoenix also gives a lot of gold, which I ignored. So I do think that it is definitively worth building.

PaNonymeB

In chapter 16, I found that even not considering population/culture requirements, Aureate Phoenix (level 10, 30.3k/day in 4×4) gives more T1 per tile per day than unenchanted T1 factory (34.3k/day in 5×5). Adding population (neither culture nor coins !) and roads reqirements with Goblin Gift Shop as reference raises factory footprint to 50.0 and reduces phoenix footprint to 12.2, which makes it even better.

Jaxom

I just got my first phoenix upgrade artifact from the Spire. For me it is worthless unless I find a way to get a second Fire Phoenix. The other phoenix buildings have never appealed to me.

But I do like the idea of changing the Spire rewards, hopefully on a regular basis. I am very tired of the Moonstone library set. I have more than enough of those buildings sitting idle in my inventory. Winning just almost anything except another gum tree would be nice.

The biggest thing I would want changed regarding the Spire is the over abundance of Spell Fragments. I will never use the 150k that I have. I can't use enough in crafting because catalysts are not common enough.