• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion New Spire of Eternity rewards!

ekarat

This change is mostly useless for me, some coin/supply rains will be nice. But I appreciate the ability for players to max out phoenix's so some level of balance comes in for this area. Hopefully such balance is considered for other far more broken areas.

I really enjoy the spire set and it is great fun on new and old towns. However the goods imbalance it creates is significant, which appears to be more in the sentient era's. Poor bismuth players can't give the stuff away and there are now traders who intentional fleece these poor boosted players. As to new towns scrolls and dust towns struggle and I think only the generousity of large towns to small ones helps those get by more than they would otherwise.Its a bit sad when you have a town with say crystal, elixir boosts and you have more dust/scrolls than your boosted goods.

I am planks/scrolls/dust(which implies bismuth), so I have definitely noticed this but not known why.

ayvinul

I like this change, as a "new player" (I've been playing since just before the mermaids).

From the perspective of a "new player", the event buildings at the academy are useless. Who wants an evolving building that they won't be able to evolve... note that being a new player is often not intentional... I might have started playing earlier if I had been aware of elvenar and had the hardware to run it (having a tablet is relatively recent and I definitely did not have a computer with the full of bugs and security issues flashplayer running).

Still I am annoyed at seeing this as pitting seasoned players vs new players... I really doubt that whining about this is a good way to get any sympathy from innogames, or to make progress in the game.

I would rather see this as a work in progress that ought to be improved...

Specifically, either universal artefacts (but then really old players will whine that they already have everything at max level, and that they can't get a second building because they already have the first one... lol you can't ever please some guys),or some way to rotate rewards or give you some modicum of choice about what you would get.

I think that, for instance, a universal artefact as the "end game" for the adventure, on the 3rd map, would be awesome.

Or maybe rotating/random artefacts for the spire ?

or maybe make it possible, in general, to exchange 3 artefacts for another one that we want (I have literally more than a dozen of artefacts for some buildings I don't care about that I would gladly exchange for some older stuff)

ekarat

As a variation of someone else's idea, we could exchange artifacts for artifact fragments, which could accumulate to eventually form a universal artifact. I would actually be okay with a 10:1 exchange rate, which makes event artifacts still useful if their evolving building is good, without making the event pointless because people already have tons of generic artifacts already due to spire artifacts.

Rephrased another way, if generic artifacts are too cheap or easy, then event artifacts are no longer worth the effort. But extra artifacts (beyond 9) or artifacts for buildings you don't want could still have an (expensive) use. Not to mention that artifacts via the spire could really make artifacts much more common.

Uffauffa

On a completely unrelated note, My Khel city is now+ on month 3 without completing it's first moonstone set.
If I understand correctly your "point", that's the point.

@Marindor How can we be happy about this "opportunity" to get some artifact in substitution of something that was very hard to get?
I started in beta around the end of march and since I had the oppurtunity, I played almost every spire, almost all of them till the high halls boss.
The result? I got NO moonstone library. Tons of the other pieces, but not the library.
Now I played twice the spire and... no artifact, but this was not a surprise.

My feedback after one spire and half is:
if the (unreal) percentage to get an artifact will remain the same as the one available now, please, at least at the end of this six weeks, give back our good old library set and find another more realistic and useful way to provide players with artifacts. Please!

Aeva

What I would find interesting:
what if every longer event with an evolving building as grand prize has simoultaniously their artefacts in the spire? Then the chance of evolving your building fully goes up, but not in a way that leaves you with a lot of artefacts you don't have a need for. Plus we could get more interesting prizes/buildings especially made for the FSA.

Uffauffa

what if every longer event with an evolving building as grand prize has simoultaniously their artefacts in the spire? T
Two cents. I will find interesting too, IF the percentages to get them will be higher than the 5-10%. (and this is, by the facts, overstimated)
But, as things are in this way, I still find more useful a permanent library set, than a one-two (lucky) shot artifact in six, let's say eight, weeks before the next new building artifacts.

PaNonymeB

what if every longer event with an evolving building as grand prize has simoultaniously their artefacts in the spire? Then the chance of evolving your building fully goes up, but not in a way that leaves you with a lot of artefacts you don't have a need for. Plus we could get more interesting prizes/buildings especially made for the FSA.
With Inno's tendency to handle changes, they'll probably reduce the average number of artifacts available via the event if they add some in the Spire, and this means :
  • No way to get evolving building level 10 for those who only do 0-1 levels of the Spire
  • Ability to get level 10 much more random because you should get artifacts in the Full Random Rewards Spire
  • Maybe more likely to get level 10 for those who go to the top of the Spire.
In other words, a disaster.

SoggyShorts

I like the base idea, but I think far too many players would end up with 5 or 15 artifacts.
There would have to be a guaranteed artifact somewhere in the spire instead of X% chances.

SoggyShorts

Why? There are a number of guaranteed artefacts in the event?
Yes, currently artifacts are guaranteed.
In previous events the odds were extremely high (like 99%) of getting 7 artifacts plus 100% of getting 2 more from the FA.
Currently the spire is worse than 50/50

Aeva

But would running along an event not compensate for those numbers? Or maybe just for the long running ones?
And is it not easier for a FS that doesn't like adventures to try artefacts in an event plus spire?

PaNonymeB

But would running along an event not compensate for those numbers? Or maybe just for the long running ones?
A 28-day event covers literally four Spires. It could be increased to seven if you make it last until the next event (with 3 weeks between two events, the second one being FA.) That's just not enough at all to compensate. I didn't make the calculations, but probably both 0 and 2 would be likely. And that would completely remove the libraries, which now would create an unfair advantage to those who already have them.

Arthus

Why? There are a number of guaranteed artefacts in the event?

Lvl 10 without FA is guaranteed now by CMs of all versions in news after meeting in IG HQ in Germany.
it's not guaranteed that everyone will have lvl 10, it's guaranteed that if you make all quests and pickup like 20 keys per day from map, you will have just enough for lvl 10 building and not enough for 2nd one, to force you pay diamonds if you want 2nd one.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Lvl 10 without FA is guaranteed now by CMs of all versions in news after meeting in IG HQ in Germany.
it's not guaranteed that everyone will have lvl 10, it's guaranteed that if you make all quests and pickup like 20 keys per day from map, you will have just enough for lvl 10 building and not enough for 2nd one, to force you pay diamonds if you want 2nd one.

Last time I checked there is a virus running rampant for almost a year, as a result there are no "meetings" at HQ.
Everyone works from home. off course you can zoom/skype or whatever with eachother but it won't be a meeting at HQ

Arthus

Last time I checked there is a virus running rampant for almost a year, as a result there are no "meetings" at HQ.
Everyone works from home. off course you can zoom/skype or whatever with eachother but it won't be a meeting at HQ

Yea it was online only this time, 21st to 25th October, the main thing is promise of lvl 10 building without FA.
Same meeting had announcement that scrolls in Spire Set will be changed.

SoggyShorts

In short: no, it would not.
The odds are just not good enough in the spire. I've gone to the top for 4 months now and on one account I still don't have a library set.

Aeva

I've gone to the top for 4 months now and on one account I still don't have a library set.
That's a pity.
But it also explains why you are more pessimistic than I am.
Live I got 11 complete sets in one city and 7 in the other. That is 11 in 41 weeks to the top en 7 in 20 weeks to the top. That's a whole other perspective. I even have plenty spare parts...
Here on beta I have three complete sets, but only one in the city.