• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Alcaro

Same happened to me on 12th province. I just thought I didn't pay enough attention on choosing troops, so I lost (actually the only province where I lost twice - 1st and 2nd round too).

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
So i tested this for you guys

this is my province 12 (round 1)
1597842333456.png
terrain is looking ok:
1597842377455.png
and my autofight also ok (big losses but still won).

1597842420042.png

Round 2 and 3 have similar result.
So im gonna need a bit more specifics if theres actually a bug there. What are your 3 bonusses?
Can you post a a picture of your map when you do manual? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the impossible terrain.

Alcaro

I did it auto, I have 1 UUU, 1 MMM, 1 ELR and a fed Fire Phoenix, fully leveled. I will pay more attention on 3rd round and take some screenshots.
Any additional informations you need, please tell us. Thank you for your time @Kersepitje :)

Last edited:

marcovaldo19

So i tested this for you guys

this is my province 12 (round 1)
View attachment 7774
terrain is looking ok:
View attachment 7776
and my autofight also ok (big losses but still won).

View attachment 7777

Round 2 and 3 have similar result.
So im gonna need a bit more specifics if theres actually a bug there. What are your 3 bonusses?
Can you post a a picture of your map when you do manual? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the impossible terrain.
I only have a very low phoenix tomorrow i'll post the terrain, but on second round, a lot o lossoes but could win. To me it's the first round the problem, the following rounds it's hard but duable. sorry i don't have previous week history, and I'm italian so it's quite hard for me understand what UUU ELR and such sort of names mean.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I did it auto, I have 1 UUU, 1 MMM, 1 ELR and a fed Fire Phoenix. I will pay more attention on 3rd round and take some screenshots.
Any additional informations you need, please tell us. Thank you for your time @Kersepitje :)
Well I can already tell you that for each province there is 1 layout now, so 1 star or 6 stars, the map layout is always the same. So if you encounter an impossible to (auto)fight layout, you will encounter it at each star level for that province. That might explain why you loose at the same province every time.
This is intentional, so you can also use this to your benefit. No need to scout the province each time at a different star level, if you remember the layout from star 1

Alcaro

Well I can already tell you that for each province there is 1 layout now, so 1 star or 6 stars, the map layout is always the same. So if you encounter an impossible to (auto)fight layout, you will encounter it at each star level for that province. That might explain why you loose at the same province every time.
This is intentional, so you can also use this to your benefit. No need to scout the province each time at a different star level, if you remember the layout from star 1
Cool tip!!! I will remember it and share it with my guildies! Love you gal! :D

CrazyWizard

So now I have beside manual fighting also make screenshots of each battle in the first round tot rememeber te maps *facepalms*
Can we please have the 4 battles back instead of this 1 battle nonsense that takes more time than the old way and is worse than a poison apple.

edeba

I am checking out the English server and this one comment is right on:

Challenging things are good.We play Elvenar for those challenging things that we get only here.So don't take the main part away Inno.If it isn't challenging anymore,I don't find a reason to play.So don't make it impossible,if possible more challenging.

I think that comment really hits the nail on the head, it isn't that it is more challenging, it is that it is impossible...

You want to make it a challenge and motivating, it needs a far more gradual difficulty steepness. I'm still advocating for my proposal of going up by 8% between levels and just 2% per province, and starting somewhat easier.

This new tournament is just slam into a wall.

Also saw someone comment that they put down 2 more military boosts and only managed 4 more provinces with heavy losses... That's pathetic...

Last edited:

DeletedUser332

I think that comment really hits the nail on the head, it isn't that it is more challenging, it is that it is impossible...
Wouldn't 'impossible' mean that there's no way to progress at all? I think calling it more challenging is totally accurate. What's also accurate is that players expect to be able to continue to complete 60+ provinces to 6 rounds every week, and that's clearly not what this new system is designed around. So yes, accomplishing what these players used to is now (realistically) 'impossible' but not the system as a whole.

Also saw someone comment that they put down 2 more military boosts and only managed 4 more provinces with heavy losses... That's pathetic..
With how military boost work, this isn't too surprising. To put it as simply as possible, increasing the sage your units deal doesn't matter if they can already kill their targets in one hit. Likewise, extra health only matters if it helps your units survive an extra attack.

spennyit

... continue to complete 60+ provinces to 6 rounds every week, ...

You are right about 60+ to 6 stars, but starting to lose encounters at 12 at 1 star ... maybe it is a "little" too early ;-) This without counting that there are players that:
- don't have Fire Phoenix
- don't have Brown Bear
- cannot afford putting down every week DA, UUU, ELR, MM, ...
- cannot combat manually

Making it a "little" more difficult/challenging, may be acceptable: the problem is that they should find with the players a "common understanding" about how much is a "little". For the time being they are very far ;-)

BTW, there is a general marketing "law" that says that if you produce something that people don't want, people will not pay for it ;-) And another that says that it is quite more "difficult" to get back upset customers, that to maintain them ;-)

edeba

You are right about 60+ to 6 stars, but starting to lose encounters at 12 at 1 star ... maybe it is a "little" too early ;-)

Making it a "little" more difficult/challenging, may be acceptable: the problem is that they should find with the players a "common understanding" about how much is a "little". For the time being they are very far ;-)

BTW, there is a general marketing "law" that says that if you produce something that people don't want, people will not pay for it ;-) And another that says that it is quite more "difficult" to get back upset customers, that to maintain them ;-)

Yup, it is way too steep...

And with our strong player that we lost, well, he deleted everything and he gave away all of his goods. He's never coming back... He is forever gone cash flow...

galrond

Yup, it is way too steep...

And with our strong player that we lost, well, he deleted everything and he gave away all of his goods. He's never coming back... He is forever gone cash flow...
well it´s not the first time someone ragequit. Check out Songu on elvenstats/arcitect. It´s been that way for years.....
Ppl quit for many reasons.
This may be the final straw, but the urge to quit was there already.
Why else delete all your buildings?
It´s kinda like, when an alcoholic or smoker toss away all their booze/tobacco, to avoid temptation. (no other parallels intended)
Not many ppl would start playing again after destroying their city.
If they do they´ll feel EXTREAMLY stupid (or just have too much money) :p

Aeva

Not many ppl would start playing again after destroying their city.
If they do they´ll feel EXTREAMLY stupid (or just have too much money)
I actually destroyed the same city twice to the point of no return (only the 5 buildings you cannot delete). That was what I intended. And here I am... not stupid, no money spend. Just made a very different city with a very different goal.

galrond

I actually destroyed the same city twice to the point of no return (only the 5 buildings you cannot delete). That was what I intended. And here I am... not stupid, no money spend. Just made a very different city with a very different goal.
My apoligies Aeva :oops:
Ofc. there´s still the joy of building up a new city, and see the progresion every time you log in :)
I never wanted to imply, that anyone was stupid.
I just think it´s a waste, and that I would feel stupid.

If I wanted that "new city" feeling, then I would make a new city ;)
I enjoy seeing my BETA city grow.
I´ll never spend any real money on it.
I´ll never want any pushing given to it.
Its purpose is:
- making me able to write on forum
- see what´s comming before it hits live
- try how far/fast you can go without unfair help, or spending money (my live cities can/must satisfy any "hard-core" tendencies):p

Deleted User - 81190

Yes, but does it mean that they are not changing the formula anymore? If this is the case, what's the purpose of doing the test on EN server? Just to upset players?
Remember, there are several formulas. It is indeed strange as to why would they deploy these changes to all live servers now. The justification for the changes were the tournament changes that were supposed to be still work-in-progress. So why would they drop it on live outside of EN, where it will impact only the Spire, and will do it right away? Inno works in mysterious ways...

This might indicate that this part of changes is basically final. There are still levers that they can adjust on Beta and EN that would impact tournament only (if that is even part of the plan). That would be province ramp-up with respect to what I call city advancement level (CAL) model. This is the one that has expansions and AW levels etc as inputs, and is shared with the Spire. Province ramp up is independent from that.

Dony

King of Bugs
Cool tip!!! I will remember it and share it with my guildies! Love you gal!
thats how it works from tournament origins last 4 years in every version we had ;)
every time your army was wiped out on any map it was expected to happen in every other round aswell
spire works exactly the same, all 3 stages maps has only 16 battlefield maps total

So why would they drop it on live outside of EN,
in most cases it will lower difficulty for everybody, only cases where it will actually be harder is for players on the end tech tree with 8 or lower number of premium expansions, which will be very little number of players
so overall players will benefit from it even if its for spire only yet

and what a great way to start testing new tournament on EN with hardest type of tournament yet
i hope mistwalkers will wipe out all 3 EN servers so something can finally be done