• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

spennyit

Training speed on it is 98 compared to 320 on the barracks. It has 4 upgrades with that tech, the first of which brings it to 113. If they all do about the same I suspect it would be at 158-160. If the flying academy was fully leveled, 40% would bring it to about 220-225. I know the units from here are great in Chapter 16, but I do not know how good they are in woodelves.

Judging by Karvest's message, I think they aren't that strong yet, so lower production...

Well, of course 3 stars troops are better than 2 stars troops, but I seem to remeber that 2 stars MC troops were not so bad.

Speed depends on building level and level of related AW: if you have lv 30 Needles of course MC speed to be equal needs lv 30 Flying Academy :) For sure in chapter 15 (end) you need to have fully upgraded MC and Flying Academy: maybe you will need some time to up both ;-)

Lovec Krys

After the recent changes where we reduced the impact of expansions even further, I think you can now very clearly see for yourself that these things indeed have very little influence on the overall difficulty, because other factors weigh a lot more heavily
If they have such a small impact, why don't you remove them from the equation completely? (replace them with a constant if you need)
If they are removed, then the changes in difficulty should be minimal for players and players will no longer feel penalized for placing and buying expansions.

spennyit

I FULLY agree that premium expansions (and AWs levels) should be taken off the formula, but: let us imagine that next premium expansion costs 5000-5500 dias. This is 40 EURO in real money (or 20 EURO if you get the 100% offer). This should already hold us back from buying it, isn't it?

All the game has a "logarithmic progression" (example each level of AW costs more, but gives you the same as the previous level) and putting them in the formula just emphasizes this logarithmic approach. Of course this does not solve the penalization to they who already bought a lot of premium expansions :-(

Let's think positive, they are telling us:
- don't spend real money in this game, expecially don't buy dias with real money
- if you earn dias in other ways, try to find other ways to spend them, but don't buy premium expansions

About AWs, I don't understand why they did spend money to develop levels 31-35 (they are not worth it, IMHO); about tournament chests is it worth to have 9 more chests? Maybe a few players will appreciate them :)

marcovaldo19

Can someone tell me why province nr 12 from when the new tournament is on place is the one i have to cater allways on 1^ star?
@Marindor Maybe this should be investigated. BTW to cater I was asked for 40k instruments that it's 5% of my maximum stock.

Last edited:

Maillie

I came back several hours after the tournament started and thought I'd see how the fellowship was doing. There are now only 4 players that have even bothered (and I'm not one of them). Their scores: 300, 90, 60, 60. I then checked the Spire. It's Tuesday and not one person has bothered to venture past High Halls.

When you take the "Fear of Missing Out" away from the players and replace it with a fear of playing is when players start looking around. This is the internet. It's impossible to count how many games there are on the internet. I left the top MMOrpg when the FOMO was replaced by my total lack of concern as to whether I played or not. A lot was said on THOSE forums about this being a good game, so I came here and tried it ... and stayed.

Please reconsider this travesty.

Pauly7

Can someone tell me why province nr 12 from when the new tournament is on place is the one i have to cater allways on 1^ star?
@Marindor Maybe this should be investigated. BTW to cater I was asked for 40k instruments that it's 5% of my maximum stock.
Strangely, I noticed that on province 12 of the last two tournaments. I'd put it down to coincidence. Today I had a fight I definitely should've won and I was destroyed.

Marindor

Strangely, I noticed that on province 12 of the last two tournaments. I'd put it down to coincidence. Today I had a fight I definitely should've won and I was destroyed.

Hi guys, could you elaborate on that, please? Is this the turning point for you where fights get too hard to win, or is it just this one and is province nr 13 doable again?

marcovaldo19

Hi guys, could you elaborate on that, please? Is this the turning point for you where fights get too hard to win, or is it just this one and is province nr 13 doable again?
after the number 12 i could go on to 15 without any special problem this week and also previous weeks. clearly losses but i could win. Number 12 i tried different solution but none worked

Pauly7

Like I say it could be just coincidence for me, but two weeks in a row province 12 threw up a seemingly straightforward match up and I died horribly. Today I tried different troops because I couldn't quite believe it, but they died too. Sorry, I don't have specifics of squad sizes or enemy types. For me as well, though I haven't had a problem on province 13.

Enevhar Aldarion

Like I say it could be just coincidence for me, but two weeks in a row province 12 threw up a seemingly straightforward match up and I died horribly. Today I tried different troops because I couldn't quite believe it, but they died too. Sorry, I don't have specifics of squad sizes or enemy types. For me as well, though I haven't had a problem on province 13.

Manual or auto fight? There are rare terrain setups that are very bad even for a favorable matchup.

galrond

I must admit, that the minimized Fear Of Missing Out is the reason I returned to the game.

In my absense from this game I played mainly GOT:WIC. It´s a great game with many good features, but it has a (in my opinion) great flaw:
If you´re not online to put up a shield, then most likely your city is a burning pile of rubble when you return :mad:
Well not entirely true.... Your buildings are still there, but your army and resources are gone. In other words: weeks of hard work down the drain :eek:

The same goes for many other games: Grepolis, Travian, Warlords(?), FoE (to a certain degree) and many other games, that I don´t recall the names of/ only played briefly. If you´re not vigilant 24/7 and/or put up shields, then you´re just a farm for anyone bigger. No way to play casually there.
That can be fine enough (or even great) for those prepared to spend lots of time (and money).

I´m pretty sure many of the accounts are shared by more ppl (or at least ppl babysit accounts for each other). Some are openly operated that way (like guildbanks), others are more in the gray area.

When you play a solo account only on PC, with no intention on spending HUGE ammounts of money. Well then it´s pretty hard to compete :rolleyes:

In Elvenar ppl. can use money to get advantages too (after all that´s how INNO can continue the game), ppl can make push accounts (easy to make, hard to prove/counter). But at the end of the day, well it´s only hard to compete on scores (tournament, rankings etc.). It doesn´t impede my chance to develop my city :cool:
Don´t get me wrong. I DO want to climb the rankings. I DO want to be an asset for my FS, and help it prosper. But if my city ain´t doing well, I can only blame myself.......

The only direct interaction, that you have with other players, is positive (NH, trades, FS awards). NH and FKP-exchange becomming easier in FS in my absense (thx INNO), a timesaver with no other influence on the game :p

The only negative effect other players have, is when INNO decide to nerf something, that makes them more powerfull than intended ;)

slide

Just looked at the en forums today for the first times in days, looks like the feedback there is the same as it was here.
people throw in 8-10+ combat buildings (swan song?) and still complain.

How much negative feedback do they want?
Doesn't matter how much they get, it won't make any difference - 3 weeks isn't enough to get the full effect either
first week people try to do what they did before and fail miserably while using all their troops and resources
second week they are in recovery mode
third week they realise the full misery of what a "normal" week will look like
fourth week it rolls out to all the rest of the Live servers perhaps with the kind of minor tweak done in Beta.

spennyit

fourth week it rolls out to all the rest of the Live servers perhaps with the kind of minor tweak done in Beta.

Why do you expect tweak? They (INNO) are already "so happy" of what they produced although the feedbacks on EN forum is quite a lot worse that the feedbacks they got here :-(

They just want us to stick to the first 10 provinces and the "very competitive players" to be able to go at most up to province 20 or pay a lot of real money.

Pauly7

Manual or auto fight? There are rare terrain setups that are very bad even for a favorable matchup.
Autofight. Like I say it could easily be a coincidence for me. Two very tough province 12s on a row isn't much to go on and there could be several explanations. I just mentioned it because a light lit up in my head when someone else mentioned having a problem with the 12th province.