• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

Richord

it's too expansive to find 900 from an old building and get 15 relic in return. But it costs 3x craftspell (and making it 3x crafttime"
old building; iglo from ages ago. gives 900 spell fragments. i can craft 3x 5 relics (for example) which cost me 3 spells and the time +3 relics each to produce.
without the building i would need eg 17-24 spells costing many hours to produce and many relics and time OR not having them would cost me 10k mana (atm) each that i could use for upgrading/research.
so yeah; it's darn expensive! :)

Deleted User - 63604

I think all buildings that get destroyed by the player should give Spell fragments. We might have some in our inventory for now, but after the first crafting tries they are gone and there is not really much way to gain new buildings to destroy them for more spell fragments. Even if so, in the events we try to get buildings that we need or want, to replace our old ones that are already builded in our cities. so new building for more spell fragments will be pretty rare after the first wave of crafting.

Why not just add a fix number of spell fragments to each event building (i suppose recipe costs are for all players the same, no matter the progress of chapter)? Then when someone destroy that event building in his city (inventory or in city placed), the spell fragments will be added to you. So include already builded buildings into spell fragments gain option.

I would even go a step further and give even normal buildings some spell fragments if destroying them. But for them ofc not a fix amount of spell fragments, else it could get abused. But for example for every 100 ranking points of the building you destroy, you get 1 spell fragment. For example armory lvl 31 gives 8301 ranking points. If destroyed if would bring 830 spell fragments. Cant be abused because leveling one Armory on high lvl takes weeks. and if you want to "farm" spell fragments by building something up to 100 ranking points and destroy it, to get 1 spell fragments, then go for it. I dont think it would harm anyone if someone farms a few spell fragments per day extra. The effort is huge to do that. That would also suit to the Elvenar gameplay of building up and destroying your buildings nearly every guest race to adapt to your new city needs.

edeba

I use my spells and make spells and I can't see getting involved with something that takes away from making spells.

At a certain point in game your production could be so high that if you would use those spells the people around you can simply no longer sustain your hunger to non boosted goods.

I myself are in that position with 8m goods produced each week without spells.
I could run the factories for months, but there is no way I could get rid of those goods
And the rate at which I collect these spells is currently only rising.
So I do understand why some would be willing to sacrifice some spells.
I myself could easily do with 1K less power of provision spells.

Dony

King of Bugs
every building gives spell fragment even normal and its based by space, 1 tile is equal to 120 spell fragment

Karvest

Destroying event buildings that are already in the city should give fragments too, IMHO.
But anyway I won't craft anything with current rewards design: both crap recipes (with mostly useless things, at least at their cost), and random reward for spending a lot of time/resources on filling mystical object bar.

DeletedUser2194

old building; iglo from ages ago. gives 900 spell fragments. i can craft 3x 5 relics (for example) which cost me 3 spells and the time +3 relics each to produce.
without the building i would need eg 17-24 spells costing many hours to produce and many relics and time OR not having them would cost me 10k mana (atm) each that i could use for upgrading/research.
so yeah; it's darn expensive! :)
Mm-hmm. So don't destroy that one. If I leave all my buildings alone and half my spell stash, that's still tens of thousands of fragments.

it is, because it make first half of the process pointless for you, you disenchant useless stuff to make useless stuff, why even bother with designing this part?
i agree mystical object are great i would rather nerf them then make whole crafting pointless or improve crafting so both parts are great

i think we had enough useless crap in game by now, no need to add another useless crap
Cynical much? Elvenar has many things in in this game, none of them useless. Some less useful then others, true. And not all of us agree that we should nerf something great just so we don't have to take an extra step that inconveniences you. By that logic, Headless Halloween has 29 useless Quests and the rewards should be drastically improved. Besides, they take away excess (read: excess, not useless) spells, in exchange for something you can actually USE. I'm very happy with this new change. :)

Richord

@ThunderingJeff like some else said; it's about size; chapter doesn't matter, so bad/good building; same amount and therefor even worse; getting new buildings to brake down is pointless because they don't give a higher amount.

We are not negative or cynical, you are too optimistic/haven't played this game long enough to see we are realists. This new feature has as bad rewards or even worse ones than FA.
I -and others- don't understand why things like this are added that are clearly not thought through all the way. Bad calc and bad relative time/effort/reward-thinking.
We expect way better stuff than this, even though they said it's not 100% developed.

Dony

King of Bugs
Besides, they take away excess (read: excess, not useless) spells, in exchange for something you can actually USE.
you got it wrong, i am talking about taking away excess spells, to create exact same excess spell in order to progress, thats just bad

DeletedUser2194

you got it wrong, i am talking about taking away excess spells, to create exact same excess spell in order to progress, thats just bad
You can do that, or you can create KP, or Instants, it sounds like we'll have more options once they fix the bug.

@ThunderingJeff like some else said; it's about size; chapter doesn't matter, so bad/good building; same amount and therefor even worse; getting new buildings to brake down is pointless because they don't give a higher amount.

We are not negative or cynical, you are too optimistic/haven't played this game long enough to see we are realists. This new feature has as bad rewards or even worse ones than FA.
I -and others- don't understand why things like this are added that are clearly not thought through all the way. Bad calc and bad relative time/effort/reward-thinking.
We expect way better stuff than this, even though they said it's not 100% developed.

A little optimism never hurt anyone. I've played the game for 18 months; I was there when the Sorcerer chapter was first released. The new feature allows for you to change things (say, Endowment spells) to something else, (10 KP). You can also destroy buildings you don't plan to place in exchange for a minor reward. Yes, the trade off isn't worth it, but that's just the price of doing business. Like trading with far-off neighbors, just consider it a tax.

Richord

I don't want tax; that's where a FS is for or active neighbours.
My standard is that of the tournament and wonders.
BA rewards suck and this seems to be in that category as well. There need to be a lot of balance changes and more chapter-related crafts etc to make it even a little interesting.

DeletedUser1665

OK so as I understand it you have the opportunity to craft at least 1 thing from your inventory of summonings. On live I still have the magic residence that Inno gave me, will I be able to craft that?

SoggyShorts

OK so as I understand it you have the opportunity to craft at least 1 thing from your inventory of summonings. On live I still have the magic residence that Inno gave me, will I be able to craft that?
You disenchant (destroy) things in your inventory for crafting materials. Then you use those and the new spell to craft something else like some KP, an instant or a 1x1 or 1x2 building.
I disenchanted an old chapter 5 building I never placed and used the stuff from it to get a rainbow flower cage.

The flower cage is actually pretty reasonable at a cost of 150 Spell Fragments (3 pop spells would disenchant into 156 SF) and 1 Combining Catalyst spell

DeletedUser1397

Crafting? More like crapting!

This feature is a joke. Why can't the devs for this game make anything actually rewarding?

DeletedUser1397

Super helpful feedback, I'm sure.

I can just see the devs reading this and saying "Wow, why didn't we think of that!? Let's go implement this well thought out and superbly explained suggestion right now!":p

The devs don't care about feedback, this feature being case in point. We complain that the academy is not good enough and they implement another feature with marginal benefits.

The only interesting rewards are KPs and I would probably get more bang for my buck with another workshop in place of the academy (if i could demolish it).

Give me something i cant get any other way. Give me permanent buffs i can place on residences, workshops or manufactories. Give me guest race goods or instants. Give me hero units with equipment crafting. Give me combat spells. Give me scout speed spells.

There are so many cool new features that could be added to the game. When i saw crafting in the announcement, i actually got excited for a moment. When i saw the implementation, i was even more disappointed than i was with sentient goods.

SoggyShorts

Give me guest race goods
How about portal profit spells in the crafting? Literally what you are asking for.
Give me scout speed spells.
Those are called timer boost instants, also one of the options for crafting already.

Did you even check out the new feature before crapping on it?

"Permanent buff to your residences ws and factories?" Kind overpowered don'tcha think?
Unless you mean the really nice Rainbow cages that are super cheap and give a 300 pop bonus.
Your city has at least 22 wasted squares, that would be a boost of 6600 pop and culture

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

I use my spells and make spells and I can't see getting involved with something that takes away from making spells.
At last it seems that I'm not the only one who uses Magic Academy at 100% and doesn't want to sacrifice current spell creation time for crafting spell.
I suggest that crafting process gets completely separated from spell creation. With crafting still developed, it's possible, right?

SoggyShorts

I suggest that crafting process gets completely separated from spell creation. With crafting still developed, it's possible, right?
I dunno, one of the selling points they made was "Based on feedback that the MA wasn't useful enough" That doesn't leave much room to take it out of the MA.

DeletedUser1163

I don’t understand what just happened in my Magic Academy. I opened my Inventory, clicked on Disenchant, then I clicked on Crafting. I didn’t want to spend diamonds so I then clicked on Enchantments. I created a Catalyst spell which appeared in the Creation Process, all my spells came flying out of my Magic Academy, and now my Magic Academy is frozen.

All x’s appear in the Creation Process and the 1st spell shows I still have 17 hrs to finish creating this spell but it's not counting down. What do I need to do? Should I click on all those x’s and remove them from the Magic Academy? This new feature is a wee bit complicated to figure out.