• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser

Why not have a treasure hunt game or something interesting with clues to finding certain objects etc and winning a prize worth having at the end of it...not a measly little mana building and a load of useless instants. We worked a whole week in the FA event and that's all we got to show for it after mindlessly making goods after goods after goods until we were sick to death of the whole event. Now they saying we are going to get these monthly I seriously have to question the sanity of some of the devs.

A treasure hunt would fit nicely in a fantasy game. Actually, when I first saw the preview of the FA Map I thought it would be something like that. Collecting hiding objects, solving puzzles together with you fellows, that would have made a very lively and interesting conversation in the chat. Instead we got: "Next needed 1 farmer and 2 blacksmiths".

SoggyShorts

So why not focus on this problem in the heart of the game.
We can't possibly know how their development team is set up. Perhaps those coders and designers that make events are a completely different team, and the bug fixes are an entirely different set of resources. All I'm saying is that the addition of events may not be what is holding back other developments that you are interested in.
. What I question is sitting at a computer for 12 hours a day for a whole week making beverages by the 50's over and over again isn't anything other than mind numbingly boring and is very much like watching paint dry to my mind.
I would agree if that had been even close to what was needed.
I know you were exaggerating for effect, but a whole FS doing what you said would make over 5,000 dwarf badges, which is a bit more than the 50 needed. So the reality is 99% better than your exampl:ewink:
Each FS member needed to make 14 badges on average to complete the first FA. Like I said, get the members that are between guest races to spend 20 minutes with 25 WS to make 4 badges each a couple times over 6 days and done.
A player with 10 workshops will automatically make 2 farmer badges over night, and 4 more carpenter badges during the day by only doing what they already normally do. over 5 days that is 30 badges per person, more than double what is required.
Why not have a treasure hunt game or something interesting with clues to finding certain objects etc and winning a prize worth having at the end of it
This sounds like a nice addition. Even more things to do in gam:esmile:

Last edited:

Arayla

@ophion @Ritsel

The key is to communicate with your FS, you don't need to make everything yourself.

In a FS of 25 players there should be a couple that are just starting a new chapter and can have 25 workshops. That's a beverage badge every 10 minutes. Also someone else with room can make a handful of level 1 non-boosted and crank those out.
If everyone else in the FS has 5 or 10 workshops (surely you have at least 5?) and runs their normal productions, just like every other day, they will complete badges by accident. We managed to complete the last FA in under 4 days with just 10 players.

Soggy, I agree with what you are saying on the whole. In my FS (with Ritsel and Ophion), we played wholeheartedly with most members contributing many badges from day 1. We hit the Bottomless Pit early. We felt burned out after 4 solid days of BP repeating quests. Probably half the FS is competitive by nature and wanted to finish in the top 10 to earn the FS ranking points. I think the lesson learned for my live server FSs will be to pace ourselves better and not care about our end ranking. But the fact that it is a ranked event with extra rewards for higher ranking makes it difficult for many fellowships to have both competitive members and non-competitive members happy with the end result. It is logical to think that maybe FSs will need to advertise their level of involvement in the event. That won't help my current situation where I really enjoy the people already in my FSs and don't want to leave or have them leave because of this event.

I personally enjoyed the event with the exception of the Bottomless Pit. But I know others didn't and I'm quite sure that some in my live FSs won't enjoy it. The problem for me is that the tension created after the event ended might not be worth the increased cooperation and chat during the event.

SoggyShorts

But the fact that it is a ranked event with extra rewards for higher ranking makes it difficult for many fellowships to have both competitive members and non-competitive members happy with the end result.
I can see this being an issue for the top 1% of fellowships. Really there isn't much difference between 4th place and 40th place. The instants aren't that good.
Which leaves the top 3 spots as desirable, and those I'm pretty sure will be dominated by diamond player fellowships.

So pacing yourself and just getting it completed is a good idea for the majority of fellowships.

DeletedUser

Soggy, I agree with what you are saying on the whole. In my FS (with Ritsel and Ophion), we played wholeheartedly with most members contributing many badges from day 1. We hit the Bottomless Pit early. We felt burned out after 4 solid days of BP repeating quests. Probably half the FS is competitive by nature and wanted to finish in the top 10 to earn the FS ranking points. I think the lesson learned for my live server FSs will be to pace ourselves better and not care about our end ranking. But the fact that it is a ranked event with extra rewards for higher ranking makes it difficult for many fellowships to have both competitive members and non-competitive members happy with the end result. It is logical to think that maybe FSs will need to advertise their level of involvement in the event. That won't help my current situation where I really enjoy the people already in my FSs and don't want to leave or have them leave because of this event.

I personally enjoyed the event with the exception of the Bottomless Pit. But I know others didn't and I'm quite sure that some in my live FSs won't enjoy it. The problem for me is that the tension created after the event ended might not be worth the increased cooperation and chat during the event.

The problem I have for live, is that I do want our FS to rank high. Not such much for the ranking points or because I'm very competative, but for our fellows in the non-mana chapters. Ranking high as FS is for them the only way to at least get away with a decent reward. Because the rewards they get by finished a round are .... (using polite words) very disappointing. (Can't write here what I actually think about those so-called rewards)

Elrondriel

Something which we can already share, is that the ability to store Adventure Items for future FA rounds will disappear.

Seriously ? This feature was the one and only reason why I even started playing FA with my one-elve-fellowship: to have a long-term goal and work over several events, accumulate enough items and every 3rd or 4th FA try to finish the last round ! Without this: completely useless new game feature for me !

BTW, why is it surprising that FSs will start to "abuse", i.e. over-accumulate items, when this type of event is explicitly designed for competition ???

DeletedUser2155

The reason why a lot of people started a 2nd, 3rd etc city is because they needed a challenge while waiting for their progress in other cities. The developers have had various reasons for coming up with tourneys and events. One is to slow players down in growing. Perhaps for their own benefit, but perhaps another one is that too many players have multi-multi cities.
Yes a FA event will be a very big challenge for players with multi cities. Perhaps 2 is doable, but 5, 6 or even more could definitely be a problem. This should however be no reason for players to give up on the game. I also have 4 cities besides Beta and am wondering if I should keep them all with this FA event coming up regularly. I think it would be great to have only 1 city next to Beta as long as there is enough to do besides the standard building and growing.

I think the FA event is a great feature but definitely can be improved, just like a few things in the game itself.

But lets try to tell the developers what we don't like and what we would like and play the game to enjoy ourselves. And stop saying we will quit the game. And if you do, just quit.
That's why we have a beta version. Of course they don't always listen to us unfortunately. But please keep a positive attitude. There are millions of players worldwide that like the game and who would also like certain things to be changed.
Let's try to realize that as Beta.

Regards,
DJ

DeletedUser2155

And yes I would like my FS's to also end as high as possible in ranking, just like we do in tourneys. But it is a game. Do what you can as FS, see which players can do which badges. And what Soggy mentioned and what I told my FS 's is if you are starting a Guestrace, postpone that for a week so you can use the space to build buildings needed for the FA event.

DeletedUser1657

The developers have had various reasons for coming up with tourneys and events. One is to slow players down in growing.

I agree with most of your post although the part I quoted I have seen several people say and yet in my experience these parts of the game speed up not slow down progress. More efficient buildings, spells and KP then what was around previously all seem like ingredients for better progress not slower.

The adventures along with many things in the game are optional. Sometimes we as players try to rush completion to our own detriment when we could still complete them with a more sedate pace. In the case of adventures it is a competition so competitive people will rush ahead cause that is the point, but for those just wanting to finish they have more time with which to do it.

DeletedUser

The event seemed promising at first but once I saw it was like a 30-day event squished into a 6-day event, I lost interest fast. It’s all the same stuff with the exception that your goods turn into items/badges and besides having an fs only gift at the end, the event doesn’t feel like an fs only event.

Why not have new resources with new buildings we can build on the outskirts of our kingdom (near the lake, near the bridge, up on the hills) And, also make it feel like what we are contributing is to build the gift at the end. I’m with Ritsel on this, this is a strategy building game, let us build! Except, I’m not building 25 workshops in any of my kingdoms for this event. I would however help in building the 25 huts at the end.

New building suggestions:

- A paint shop, to make or buy primer, red, blue, and white paint to paint 25 purple huts.

- A hardware shop where we buy the nails needed for building and rent tools

- A woodworking shop where we trade planks for 2x4’s and beams

- A steel shop where we trade steel for pipes

- Counter top and shelving/cabinet store where we trade marble and planks to produce these items.

- A café to buy food and beverages when we’re tired of building.

- Roof and tile shop that have crystal and gem encrusted goods.

- Concrete shop to trade magic dust for making magic dust concrete

- Lighting store for trading crystals for lamps

- Garden shop

- Linen shop to trade silk for window treatments and bedding

- Furniture store

- I’m not sure what to use scrolls for: blueprints? Artwork? Books for shelves I don’t know

Then with new buildings, badges/old items/new items we progress through the stages.

1st stage – building the foundation

2nd stage – Framework

3rd stage – Exterior/interior work

I’m not a programmer, I don’t know the limits of what the devs can do, but if they can add some pizzazz to all of this, maybe it’s something we can all look forward to once a month versus dreading it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

Just to add to what @Mykan said: I started my main city over a year before I started playing on Beta and in a second world. When I started in Arendyll, there were no tournaments, no events, no AWs, and no guest races, so there was nothing to do but build your city, and I had only the one; plus, expansions were rather cheap, so my main city has way more space than my other cities ever will at a comparable level. But both my younger cities are progressing much faster than my first city did -- fast enough that more than once I've deliberately tried to slow them down because I just plain hadn't had time to plan the next stage out yet. So no, I don't think it's the case that the new eventful mode of Elvenar is slowing people down appreciably.

It is also the case that the devs are releasing new chapters at like warp speed compared to what they were doing when I started, so Eventful Mode Elvenar is not slowing down new-chapter development either. There must be separate teams responsible for events and for new chapters.

That said, I do find myself suffering from Event Fatigue. It reminds me of this cartoon I saw when I was younger, where some kids make a wish that it could be Christmas every day. At first, they're so excited! Christmas every day! But pretty soon the novelty wears off and they're just exhausted and they want everything to be normal again. But I don't have to do events if I don't want to, so I don't mind that they're there. Not sure yet how I'm going to feel about the regularity of FAs; I didn't find them a huge distraction from normal city life except for how cumbersome badge-claiming was, so if that gets cleaned up, I might be okay with them.

Finally... no, this isn't actually a building game. It's a strategy game that uses a building game as its core mechanic; it just didn't use to be as obvious as it is now. This was never meant to be Fantasy Sim City. If you look at the other games Inno puts out, they're all clearly strategy games, and advertised as such. Elvenar is different primarily in that it doesn't have PvP, doesn't require you to fight, has a fantasy setting, and is kind of disingenuous in its advertising.

DeletedUser1998

But both my younger cities are progressing much faster than my first city did -- fast enough that more than once I've deliberately tried to slow them down because I just plain hadn't had time to plan the next stage out yet. So no, I don't think it's the case that the new eventful mode of Elvenar is slowing people down appreciably.

It is also the case that the devs are releasing new chapters at like warp speed compared to what they were doing when I started, so Eventful Mode Elvenar is not slowing down new-chapter development either. There must be separate teams responsible for events and for new chapters.

That said, I do find myself suffering from Event Fatigue. It reminds me of this cartoon I saw when I was younger, where some kids make a wish that it could be Christmas every day. At first, they're so excited! Christmas every day! But pretty soon the novelty wears off and they're just exhausted and they want everything to be normal again. But I don't have to do events if I don't want to, so I don't mind that they're there.

Yes, I look at the rewards for mini events now and decide whether I'm going to do them or not.
That doesn't mean I think the devs should remove them, just that sometimes for me the reward may not be worth the effort.
And like many others I have a number of cities, I may choose to do an event on just one or all if the rewards are good.

So now we have a choice of events - sounds ok to me :)

SoggyShorts

Yes, I look at the rewards for mini events now and decide whether I'm going to do them or not.
That doesn't mean I think the devs should remove them, just that sometimes for me the reward may not be worth the effort.
And like many others I have a number of cities, I may choose to do an event on just one or all if the rewards are good.

So now we have a choice of events - sounds ok to me :)
No no no! You're doing it wrong. Haven't you been reading the US live forums? If there is an event that you don't absolutely love then you need to threaten quitting and possibly even bodily harm to those around you. At least add a few of these-->:mad::mad::mad: to each post.

Loki Blue

No no no! You're doing it wrong. Haven't you been reading the US live forums? If there is an event that you don't absolutely love then you need to threaten quitting and possibly even bodily harm to those around you. At least add a few of these-->:mad::mad::mad: to each post.

Yes, and I have so tired of seeing those posts that I have begun to block those posters. Two threads I've un-watched because they have become so bogged down with those posts that the legitimate discussion is buried by them.

DeletedUser2165

Hi all! does anybody know what time the next round of Fellowship adventures will start tomorrow??

DeletedUser1557

I can see this being an issue for the top 1% of fellowships. Really there isn't much difference between 4th place and 40th place. The instants aren't that good.
Which leaves the top 3 spots as desirable, and those I'm pretty sure will be dominated by diamond player fellowships.

So pacing yourself and just getting it completed is a good idea for the majority of fellowships.

We ranked 3rd and would have stayed 2nd had 2 of our node routes not bugged (Orange & Green on the 3rd star) and we arent a diamond playing FS. It takes team work not diamonds imo

Isioloder

A treasure hunt would fit nicely in a fantasy game. Actually, when I first saw the preview of the FA Map I thought it would be something like that. Collecting hiding objects, solving puzzles together with you fellows, that would have made a very lively and interesting conversation in the chat. Instead we got: "Next needed 1 farmer and 2 blacksmiths".
Agree... Madly crafting is no adventure, players are just getting mad by trying to get the timming right and turn their computers on in time to collect the goods. Moreover, to be the best - or better to help their fellowships to be the best - , some high ranking members could be forced to feel like they should sell their high level buildings to have space for more level 1 ones. The game turns in a city destroying one at this point... Solve a riddle, collect the right item and put it into mosaic, then survive an orc ambush, if you want to proceed to the next riddle, and then help your fellows to build a bridge across a river... Or anything like that - so ppl could call it an adventure - otherwise I would consider something like "craftmans' contest". It would deserve some nice story as a background, too.