• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

SoggyShorts

Coudnt you allready do that without the orc nests? you could have gotten the forge of heroes wonder to get your needed supplies of orcs.
And no you dont need orcs before that to be able to scout that far, you dont need orcs in negotiating untill late woodelves.
Not really, at 300 orcs a day it would take forever to upgrade your workshops.
You'd need a level 20 heroes forge to replace 2 level 23 armories. So yeah it was "possible" before but....
Also, you need orcs to run your rally points, and the heroes forge isn't available until after you finish chapter 8, and then get enough runes to fill it.
and finally, the heroes forge is 5x5 vs the orc nests 4x2.

DeletedUser802

I really don't care for the way that the prizes being offered during the event keep repeating, not once but two and three times. And most of them are just minor fill in prizes, like the unicorns or the observatory. But what really bothers me is that it is impossible to get the last main prize, the Phoenix, without spending a fortune in diamonds to do it. And I do mean a fortune! to get the Phoenix, you would have to open the largest egg, at 140, about 40 times. Which equals about 5600 sky essence. If get that you would have to buy the largest diamond package twice or three times, just to get the Phoenix! Sorry, but I just don't think it is worth it. And apparently I am not alone in thinking that.

Out of curiosity, I started looking for the third main prize, the Phoenix, in the cities of the highest ranking players, some of whom are big diamond spenders. I wanted to have a look at what the prize looked like in a city. What surprised me is that I could not find it, not anywhere. I have lost track of how many cities I have looked at (which I enjoyed---there are some gorgeous cities in our ranks!) but I have checked out maybe 100 of the highest ranking cities, and while I found plenty of Burning Eggs, and Magic Blue Eggs, and Purple Eggs, I have not found a single "Rise of the Phoenix" largest main prize building! And since we are so close to the end of the Event, it seems that I would have found at least one. It was quite a surprise. Now, firstly, I have a real problem with the desingers offering a main prize that it is impossible to win without spending a lot of diamonds. You just do not offer a "prize" that that cannot be won, but only bought. Don't forget, you not only have to buy a few diamonds, but a whole lot of them. So this "Prize" has a pretty big price tag on it, to the tune of $160 to $200.

I am wondering if a lot of players have done the math, and decided that the "Rise of the Phoenix" is simply not worth the money it would take to buy.

SoggyShorts

@michelelyons
There's a few reasons that you didn't find any.
1. The grand prize is actually the 3rd best prize being offered (Phoenix Cult and Glossy Gardens are both better)
2. If someone is going to buy their way to the 3rd prize they would likely wait until the last day so they could use as many free essence from daily quests as possible.
3. When checking just the top ranked players, you're looking at the wrong target. Event prizes give no ranking points, so you are far less likely to find them there.

As for the developers offering a prize that can only be won for money, that's fine by me. Someone has to pay for the free game I play, and by offering a prize that isn't even the best building available, what they are really offering is a pretty prize that you can get if you wish to show your support for the game by shelling out some cash.

Getting revenue from players without giving them an advantage over free players is awesome. I'd much rather they did that than add a premium building to the game that has far better stats than what is available to free players, wouldn't you?

DeletedUser736

I really like what what you did Inno with the new quest. I do not know yet if I will be able to complete it in time since I did not use any spoilers, but I do not feel crushed by task that are too time consuming, and I feel that alot of toughts went into giving us choice as to how to complete some task so that it can be done at a reasonable pace. Frankly, I am really happy about this event. If there is one thing that I would like to see improved in a future event is to be given EVEN more choice as to how complete quest.

For example, personally, I really don't mind collecting alot of 5 minutes things. But some peoples hate it. So player could be ask to collect alot of 5 minutes or a few 3 hours one. You know, small change like this, to give us even more flexibility.

Oh, ok, I would chance another thing. When I open an egg to get a reward, I often get shit. So I'd like the button I have to click not display the text "awsome" when I collect my 800th relic as a reward ;)

DeletedUser1596

But what really bothers me is that it is impossible to get the last main prize, the Phoenix, without spending a fortune in diamonds to do it.

Not true, though not far from true. There is very slim chance to get it without spending a diamond. I should know, I won the 3rd prize last event :)
Anyway, that 3rd prize is not that special. The total benefit of all other prizes that you can win is so great, that the 3rd prize makes no difference.

Lissona

1. The grand prize is actually the 3rd best prize being offered (Phoenix Cult and Glossy Gardens are both better)
Not in Chapter 10 and if you take into account culture and population :p
But as Urvalsandal said, if you were able to get some of the other prizes, the 3rd prize isn't that great anymore.

DeletedUser118

In my oppinion you should see the prize as something for those who like to spend money on this game, not for everyone to reach.

SoggyShorts

Not in Chapter 10 and if you take into account culture and population :p
I'd have to disagree with you.

The 3rd prize is 20 squares, and gives 400 less pop than a PC at the same size
The 3,000 culture difference isn't as important imo since you should be getting most of your culture from mana producing buildings.
The GG Gives 100 less pop, but saves you 5 squares of space, which more than makes up for it. as for culture, same as above.

Edit: as an example my woodelf build needs 32K culture and has 90K with only willows and the highest population per square event prizes. Obviously chapter 10 needs more culture, but I'f I'm swimming in it now I'm sure I'll be fine.

Last edited:

DeletedUser802

In my oppinion you should see the prize as something for those who like to spend money on this game, not for everyone to reach.

I am sorry, but I could not disagree with you more. If you hold a contest, all the prizes should be winnable, anything else is blatantly dishonest. Not to put too fine a point on it, that is a cheat.

I have no problem with the designers selling items to make money. They do it all the time. Every time you open a new tech, there are buildings that are "diamonds only" that offer not only beautiful buildings but great advantages. But the offer is plain and upfront: the items that are for sale have a price tag attached. They are not disguised under the label of being "prizes" that can be won.

In the Winter Event, it was possible to win all three of the main Grand Prizes without diamonds. I know, because I did it in two of my cities. It was difficult, and took a lot of playing and some luck, but it was possible. But here, in the Rise of the Phoenix event, the odds against your winning have been increased so much that it is simply not possible at all, to get the last Grand prize unless you buy it. And not cheaply either. I think that the designers got a little greedy here, and may have shot themselves in the foot, so to speak. What is the point in having a Special Event if the Grand Prizes are not winnable? It certainly takes the fun and excitement out of it, and I think it will tend to make players less enthusiastic about them. It is discouraging to know, from the beginning, that the "prizes" being offered in a contest are not winnable, but can only be purchased. I know that from now on, when they have a Special Event, I will be figuring out exactly what is winnable and what is not, and playing accordingly. Kind of takes the entertainment out of the whole idea.

SoggyShorts

@michelelyons
Meh, I appreciate that they made the 3rd prize worse than the free ones. I couldn't care less if it's only available to players willing to shell out $200 for a second rate prize.
BTW congrats on getting the 3rd prize twice in winter, a 1:50 chance was hard to win, you should still be smiling :D

lika1961

I found the prizes in the event very underwhelming in general and the fact that the third grand prize is not winnable is disappointing. Not everyone wants it, but those that do should be able to get it. The rewards on this one just does not seem to justify the effort. Events should be exciting and full of wondrous new things. Restrict the culture benefits if you must, but at least make the buildings original and nice to look at.

DeletedUser1681

I found the prizes in the event very underwhelming in general... Events should be exciting and full of wondrous new things. Restrict the culture benefits if you must, but at least make the buildings original and nice to look at.
That's what I've been saying. I suggested earlier that at the least they could have tweaked the earlier existing prizes, or maybe some existing cultural buildings to fit better into the event. And if they (graphic artists) were short of time that might still have worked - now there's a sneaking suspicion that they were short of time and just went over where the fence was lowest.
I did use most of my remaining skyessence (?? whaever) today to get some Father Trees, I know there's one more unique daily prize on the list but during winterevent the fansites got it wrong and one prize never materialized so I thought that better safe than sorry (and I'm not so excited by the remaining one anyways).
... and the fact that the third grand prize is not winnable is disappointing. Not everyone wants it, but those that do should be able to get it.
I was actually surprised that some claimed they had won it (3rd grand prize, winter event) without dias, doesn't seem likely this time around. But if anyone does feel free to bragg :cool:.

Now I've been wondering what the prizes in the (probable) summer event will be - I mean most of the Summer Solstice prizes have been doing the rounds all year now as fillers ;).

Buttrflwr

I am seriously wondering why there aren't many (any?) 1x2 or even 1x3 filler prizes. They all seem to be at least 2 by something. It would be nice for them to change up the size a bit, as all the other bldgs are wonky sized. :p

DeletedUser1767

Is there a reason that the daily quest and prize clocks show a different amount of time remaining than the event clock? My daily quest and prize say (at this second) that there's 21:15 hours remaining, while my event clock says 23:14.

Elrondriel

This is indeed very awkward. I was wondering why the daily quest line would not close after finishing today's quest (#29, gain 20 scrolls).

Now, it looks like there will be another quest #30 starting at midnight, but the whole event will close 2 hours later ???

Seems to be a bug, I hope ...

DeletedUser1250

I just spent the last sky essences. I am happy with this event, it was a good one for me. I want to thank you for the fact that I was not forced to scout many provinces. 1 was enough and that's ok. I don't want to scout, because I hope to solve the problem of being too far away from my city by not scouting for a long time.
I like the rewards and the prizes too, won some nice buildings, thanks!
The quest line was also less stressful than the winter event and I liked it.

Lissona

I'd have to disagree with you.
The 3rd prize is 20 squares, and gives 400 less pop than a PC at the same size
The 3,000 culture difference isn't as important imo since you should be getting most of your culture from mana producing buildings.
The GG Gives 100 less pop, but saves you 5 squares of space, which more than makes up for it. as for culture, same as above.
Edit: as an example my woodelf build needs 32K culture and has 90K with only willows and the highest population per square event prizes. Obviously chapter 10 needs more culture, but I'f I'm swimming in it now I'm sure I'll be fine.
Soggy, we already talked about it in the other thread - it depends on the playstyle/city of the player if he could neglect culture or not. Your city is a lot smaller than mine - you need 32k culture, I need 72k for 100% culture bonus. You use a lot of squares for higher bonus culture, I want to minimize the space I need for pop/culture to have more manufactories etc.
So for me (and I am only speaking for myself) the RoP is even better than the PC or the MME.
And yes, you need normal mana-producing cultural buildings. But the need for mana is capped in chapter 10 - cause you only have a limited amount of guest race buildings/guest race productions - for me 11 Arcane Libraries and 2 Willows is enough to stay on par with the research (and these are by far not enough to get the 72k required culture)...