• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.22

Heymrdiedier

Wow that new salesman sure knows how to make money. After 1 purchase price went up with 50% ! that sure is a lot. (from 400 coins for 1 marble to 600 )
After that i didnt dare buying again since its not that i have that much money spare :) but if its keeps going up by 50%... =)

Guess my plan to cancel tier1 production and just go for wholesaleman is a plan for the bin now :)

DeletedUser

After every purchase from the Wholesaler, the goods will become a bit more expensive to buy. This increase in price will be reset daily.

Like (T3) goods weren't too expensive already.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

Wow that new salesman sure knows how to make money. After 1 purchase price went up with 50% ! that sure is a lot. (from 400 coins for 1 marble to 600 )
After that i didnt dare buying again since its not that i have that much money spare :) but if its keeps going up by 50%... =)
Guess my plan to cancel tier1 production and just go for wholesaleman is a plan for the bin now :)
It went from 60k (1st batch), 90k (2nd), 120k (3rd) when buying 150 iron.
Basically seems to work like when buying knowledgepoints, if you buy with money only the price of money section goes up.

DeletedUser736

First of all, thank you for giving us the option to turn off the "Damn, my screen is broken" effect and making us able to have bright cities again!

2nd, thanks, I guess, for making the buffs and debuffs in battle working again. Even if that does not make sense. During this tournament, Storm Barbarian VS Dark Abbott. The Dark Abbott hits y barbarian, give him -50% on attack. Storm Barbarians have +70% against mages. So when I hit the Abbott, -15%????? The whole thing just does not make sense.

DeletedUser

First of all, thank you for giving us the option to turn off the "Damn, my screen is broken" effect and making us able to have bright cities again!

2nd, thanks, I guess, for making the buffs and debuffs in battle working again. Even if that does not make sense. During this tournament, Storm Barbarian VS Dark Abbott. The Dark Abbott hits y barbarian, give him -50% on attack. Storm Barbarians have +70% against mages. So when I hit the Abbott, -15%????? The whole thing just does not make sense.
Nothing in this game makes sense.

Heymrdiedier

Gayolal i agree, if you want to understand how they calculate, see this bug that isnt a bug :) https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/bonuses-from-abilities-are-multiplied-wrongly.6584/

DeletedUser736

Gayolal i agree, if you want to understand how they calculate, see this bug that isnt a bug :) https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/bonuses-from-abilities-are-multiplied-wrongly.6584/
I did'nt report it as a bug. I know how they calculate it. I just say it does not make sense at all. It baffles me to think that the dev. did think this was a logical mathematical fix to the "problem" of buff and debuff being able to hit the 100% mark. And I admit I had a slight hope that the Buff were gone so they took time to figure out a way to calculate them that make some sense. *sigh*

Heymrdiedier

I did'nt report it as a bug. I know how they calculate it. I just say it does not make sense at all. It baffles me to think that the dev. did think this was a logical mathematical fix to the "problem" of buff and debuff being able to hit the 100% mark. And I admit I had a slight hope that the Buff were gone so they took time to figure out a way to calculate them that make some sense. *sigh*

Aye i agree on that, tournaments were a lot easier without a working debuff (since tournament means being outnumbered). And altho i didnt hope that ment they were fixing the new calculations, i kinda hope they were just removing them.

DeletedUser736

Aye i agree on that, tournaments were a lot easier without a working debuff (since tournament means being outnumbered). And altho i didnt hope that ment they were fixing the new calculations, i kinda hope they were just removing them.
Actually, awhile ago, I was trying to figure out a situation, under the previous "normal" calculation, were you could end up in a stale mate (2 remaining units that cannot possibly damage each other) I could not find. I am not saying the situation does not exist, but I just could'nt figure it out. If I pit 2 "evenly" matched units against each other, they do not have a base bonus. So applying debuff simply cannot hit the 100% mark. hitting the 100% mark means you have a unit that is strong against another one. So the strongest one, can, in fact, apply a buff or debuff that will effectively make it impossible for the weak unit to do damage to the strong one. BUT the other way round is not true. the "weak" unit does not have any base bonus against the strong one, so it is impossible for the weak unit to prevent the strong unit from damaging it.

I understand the current calculation system was to prevent stalemates. I just don't see how a stalemate could happen in the first place. Correct me if I am wrong.

Elrondriel

We have introduced a setting allowing you to activate and deactivate the new visual effects for weather. You can find this in the settings menu at the bottom right of the game.

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS a million times !!!! Made my day. Seriously.

Hmmm ... couldn't there be another button to turn off the snow, please :rolleyes: ?

DeletedUser283

ok, so I assume that Inno's stance on the new wholesaler is "so that players can't abuse the system by endlessly purchasing goods ?"
now bear with us :
we advanced players, early adopters, are here since the game started on beta;
our cities are big, with plenty of residences to provide population for our manufactories, barracks, armouries, and workshops (yes, some of us have workshops despise 'abusing' quests to get supplies for free);
we have scouted to ring 13 and beyond, and then we have been told that this was way too far (did we "abuse" scouting/conquering ?);
fine.
so now we do not scout anymore;
would you smart people please tell us how we can spend those insane quantities of coins we get when collecting our residences ?
apart from scouting, and funding one research when we manage to accumulate enough guest race goods, nothing in this game allows us to spend coins, except buying goods from the wholesaler and KPs;
but why should we purchase KPs when we are already stopped dead in the tech tree and get plenty of KPs from tournaments already ?
and now here comes the new wholesaler to prevent us from byuing "too many goods" ...
don't you guys just realise that we have only 2 reasons for puchasing goods : getting rid of excess coins because of the silly capping in the main hall (after all, nothing prevents us from letting coins rot in residences), and helping to make the market easier for the smaller members of our fellowships;
in this line, we are the motor of our fellowships

if you really want all of us early adopters to quit altogether, why do you not tell us in the first place ?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

The wholesaler is still broken.
My chapter 5 has a max level (15) Main Hall. The maximum marble I can buy for planks is 150.
150= 750 5:1 ratio, just like the old wholesaler, very expensive.
150=1125 7.5 ratio, getting pretty steep...
150=1500 10 : 1 ratio nasty.
I can't possibly afford to check, but if it does continue this way buying 1500 marble (a VERY reasonable sum in chapter 5) Instead of paying 7500 in the old wholesaler it would be 75,000. That's 50:1 a 1,000% increase over the old wholesaler.
even if it's only going up by 2.5:1 ratio each time(again I could never afford to check) it's still over 20,000 planks.

The fix:
1. if the amount (which is based on your MH level) remains this low, the starting ratio should be 1:1, and increase by 50% from there.
2. increase the trade amount by about 5x

Same goes for buying with coins; level 15 MH coin cap is 4.4m and 150 Elixir is 960,000. So for my 4.4m I can get maybe 450 T3? come on.

Last edited:

Brummbaer

I totally agree with you Philplessis.
Here is a fast calculation example. The negotation cost for ONE encounter is for example 15000 steel, 13000 scrolls and 10000 dust.
With the old wholesaler I was able to buy 6000 steel for 1.400.000
With the new wholesaler I have to pay 5.400.000 for 6000 steel
(The "cheap" price is based on my Blooming Trader Bonus)

With this increasement of the price, I will not be able to negotate the scouted provinces. (Fighting is impossible)
Preliminary calculation for my next province expansion:
About 35 days scouting, 67 Million coins, and approx. 2.5 Million (mixed) goods.

How will I get this amount of goods in the future, without the help of the "Old Wholesaler" where I can buy needed goods for an acceptable price.

It seems that the high level players are out of the focus of INNO

DeletedUser736

I actually disagree with the majority here. I could'nt care less about the new wholesaler. I just dump excess gold in it for materials I actually don't need (I'm playing this from pretty much the start). With the player movement, I now have a "decent" spot, with plenty of trading partners, so I can EASILY get fair trades for pretty much any goods I need, and I can easily produce the boosted goods I need for thoses trades. I really wonder how a city has been built, so that it actually need the wholesaler to progress...

DeletedUser1665

There goes my progress. I'm just starting the second half of the research tree in chapter III. I also participate in the Fellowship tournaments. So far I have only 3 of the provinces open and available to participate in the current Scrolls tourney. Fighting is out of the question it takes far to many resources and time to build my small underpowered army just to have it slaughtered. I was using and depended on the wholesaler since as we know the Beta server has a lot less traffic and people actually participating. In my fellowship there were only 5 last week.

That being said I have gone as far as I can in the tournament which was the 1st open provenance and 1/2 of the second one.

Sure established players have the Blooming Trader to help them but that is 2-1/2 chapters into my future. Talk about slowing progress down sheesh :(

DeletedUser736

What I am saying is that I easily procude the boosted good I need to trade, and I easily find enough peoples to trade with me at a fair rate. And I am playing on the Beta server. In a nutshell, I don't need at all the wholesaler. It would'nt exist, it would make no difference to me. I do not play a "new" town, so I can't tell how all of this affect new players, but for old one like me, I really wonder how you managed to actually NEED the wholesaler. The wholesaler could rip me off as much as he wants, it does'nt matter, I'm just dumping excess gold in there. I have absolutely no need for the goods he gives me in exchange. And I wonder how someone who has been playing this game for a long time, by now, manage to be short on boosted goods. I have 3 factories of each of my boosted goods and that produce more than I can actually use.

To be fair : I usually am on 3 hours cycles because I have a job that allows me to collect often. I do a 9 for the night. So I might grab more at the end of the day than the average player. I'm too lazy to do that math right now, but I am so much in excess of goods that I don't think collecting less often would have that much of a huge impact on the end result.

Dony

King of Bugs
What I am saying is that I easily procude the boosted good I need to trade, and I easily find enough peoples to trade with me at a fair rate. And I am playing on the Beta server. In a nutshell, I don't need at all the wholesaler. It would'nt exist, it would make no difference to me. I do not play a "new" town, so I can't tell how all of this affect new players, but for old one like me, I really wonder how you managed to actually NEED the wholesaler. The wholesaler could rip me off as much as he wants, it does'nt matter, I'm just dumping excess gold in there. I have absolutely no need for the goods he gives me in exchange. And I wonder how someone who has been playing this game for a long time, by now, manage to be short on boosted goods. I have 3 factories of each of my boosted goods and that produce more than I can actually use.
i think that this is exactly the reason for this change that wholesaler is just a bonus now and not anymore primary source of goods, for that we should have manufactories, new players will just learn that sooner now then old ones