• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Wonky Walter's is in Town!

DeletedUser724

reward is a building giving 2800 culture
that is no good at all

if a building can boost our attack army's attack power by 500%
it will help us to continue in solving encounter in map

DeletedUser802

Well, I for one feel there is always an excuse for a Special Event! I really love them, and I am participating in this one. However, I do think that they could have thought up a better idea than a Willy Wonka Carnival and side show, more reminiscent of the American mid west in the last century. It really does not fit into the motif of a enchanted elven city with fairies, humans, orcs and dwarves. They should have come up with something more to fit the magical, mythological theme. A travelling college of wizards? a visiting nomadic tribe, only here for a week? A migrating herd of unicorns? Nesting dragons? A group of clerics here to celebrate their centenial? the possibilities are wide. They could have come up with something better than a travelling circus.

DeletedUser1681

could anyone tell me what the culture bonus is at orc level?

2800 culture.
Where did you find this info ?
I'm curious about the footprint of the building, and if there's a building pic somewhere.
Build it / won't build it - I don't know. I'm just starting chapter IV so don't expect to get more that 600 culture out of it (if even that), but if it's a small footprint building it might serve a purpose at this point.

DeletedUser

17 relics, Really?????
I was hoping Wonky Walter would help me forget about the battle drama, but no such luck. I haven’t even researched the tournaments yet, so mission impossible again. :(:(:(
Looks like I really have to quit this game, this is only piling up frustration for me now :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

Where did you find this info ?
I'm curious about the footprint of the building, and if there's a building pic somewhere.
Build it / won't build it - I don't know. I'm just starting chapter IV so don't expect to get more that 600 culture out of it (if even that), but if it's a small footprint building it might serve a purpose at this point.

I am on orc-level, and there I can just hover the mouse over the reward, and it tells me the exact stats of the reward.

by the way, 2800 culture for 12 tiles is a good value :)

DeletedUser

I just started in beta . I can produce 76 steel / 3 hours as it is my bonus. How must i ever gain 1000 steel, 1000 marble and 1000 planks?????

DeletedUser1250

@kalfje: join a fellowship and find someone to trade with. Then you can put up trades like 100 steel for 100 marble and 100 marble for 100 steel, repeat that several times and you will complete the quest fast without losing any goods. In fact, this is one of the quests that is easy to do, even on a low level, you just might need some help.

--------------
I like the fact that we have an event. I also like the reward. And I like it that we can see our progress, that we know we have to do 12 quests and can see how much we have done.

I also like quests like producing beverages 60 times. Yes, it needs some time and you need to click and I understand some people find this boring, but these are quests that can be done and they aren't hard to do.

I am worried about the gain 17 relics quest. I tried to fight in the tournaments, but failed. I don't want to fight in a province, because I understood I am already way too far ahead (did 337 provinces) and because I have no idea how to fight with the new system.
So I catered all in the tournaments, which was rather expensive. But what if someone gets this quest who has done more than 222 provinces, but isn't yet in the orc chapter, so has no armories level 20 or higher? Catering in tournaments might be too expensive for those players, fighting too hard, so what is left then to complete that quest? Imagine you get the frustration and disappointment about the new fighting system first and then also an event you can't complete because of that. Maybe I am worried about nothing, I really hope everyone will be able to complete this.

For me, this event distracts me from the problems with the new fighting system, which is good. It comes at the right time for me.

DeletedUser1681

I am on orc-level, and there I can just hover the mouse over the reward, and it tells me the exact stats of the reward.
by the way, 2800 culture for 12 tiles is a good value :)
Oh, lol didn't realize that dot like thingy actually represents the prize :p ,the icons for Summer Soltice buildings were much better.
Before last update threw me backwards with it's squad size upgrade research requirements I had just managed to put a cpl of kp's into chapter IV advanced scouts - so for me it's 890 culture. A little population addition bonus on the side might have made it even better.

I just started in beta . I can produce 76 steel / 3 hours as it is my bonus. How must i ever gain 1000 steel, 1000 marble and 1000 planks?????
@kalfje: have you seen this other thread ?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/who-is-wonky-walters.5981/#post-38574
my friend who is also in the early stages says that if those are the quests he might be able to do them.... but not necessarily within the time that competition lasts.

DeletedUser762

one of the quests requires you to win 17 relics... how are you supposed to get them if you can't fight?
by the time most ppl reach this quest they will be on the higher levels on tournament, that only give runes, or that they can't win anything, provinces are a dead stop right now, so how are you supposed to get 17 relics? And i bet there are more quests asking for relics later on in the questline...
I agree, tell us how to get it, when you messed up the battle system? you should remove all quests to do with battles

DeletedUser762

madzix, actually I got a tip for you. Given that its silk tournament right now, you only need to use 2 types of troops: acrobat and golem, the combination of them. If you see marge, use the acrobat and plus golem on the rest, and if you don't see her, just golems. I just obtained all relics on auto , just in the tournament battles. hurry up tho, b4 it's finished.

DeletedUser

thanks mistique, but I actually play as human ;)
I did manage to get the relics because due to the battle changes i hadn't really done much tournaments this week. But I can't help but feel that giving us an event quest to acquire relics at a time that the battle system is basically broken its yet another way of inno to show how they don't really care about their players.

DeletedUser762

well I don't know what humans units called, but basically: light melee plus heavy range unit will do the trick ;-)

DeletedUser1513

reward is a building giving 2800 culture
that is no good at all

if a building can boost our attack army's attack power by 500%
it will help us to continue in solving encounter in map
But since the questline demands to win a couple of battles you will never be able to get that building,
so even that would not help us... We're stuck and screwed, viva INNO!

DeletedUser651

Gain 17 relics?

Gain 17 relics?

Gain 17 relics?

What do you say to a person who just said "screw you"?

DeletedUser1681

It seems to me now that those players who are at either end of the line suffer....

My friend who started just recently has given up the questline because he thinks he can't fulfill the quests - at least not in the given time - because his city hasn't advanced far enough.
And now the players at the other end find that they have (eh!) gone too far, a quest that someone in the mid-part of game can acchieve is very very demanding (even impossible) for advanced players.

Acchieving a balance isn't easy. I mean, my first reaction to my friend's complaint and disappointment was "oh well, you're not advanced enough". But what should I think now that the advanced players find disappointment too ? They're more deserving ? How many of advanced players would dismiss my friends complaint with a shrug and similar thoughts that I had ?

Maybe in the future we will have questlines like: make 50 beverages, make 500 beverages, make 5000 beverages (oktoberfest here we come) and then we will all be happy.

DeletedUser1178

Convieniently. there is a Tournament going on. If you negotiate even 5 of the provinces, within 2 rounds of the provinces, you will have enough Relics. Don't waste troops fighting, until they fix Battle system.

DeletedUser326

At first they should fix the Bugs in the Questline so we can go on.

I'm at the step to Scout a Province OR Produce Power of Provision Spell.
Yeah - Scouting takes over 2 Days. Power of Provision Spell 13 hours. But thet shi*** spell doesn't Count for the Quest so i have to wait more than 2 days to complete this Step which brings me in the Peace Time on Tournaments which makes obtaining the 17 relics required later impossible ...

Great Job Inno. The Game becomes more and more annoying :(