• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Wonky Walter's is in Town!

DeletedUser

Didn't read all of this topic, so maybe it has been stated before, but:
For rather small and new players, it's very very very hard or impossible to accomplish all quests in time. I even sold and built lots of stuff just to meet the event-quest's needs several times, and I barely made it to the last quest now. And with only 10 hours left, I have to make 300 units while I can only do 20 per hour. Even if I buy lots of KP to research the next level barracks, upgrading the barracks would last over 4 hours, so I cannot solve this quest either way and have no chance of getting the event building.

DeletedUser

They'll never get this because they play in GOD mode.
Question is will this ever change?
I don't think so.

DeletedUser

Didn't read all of this topic, so maybe it has been stated before, but:
For rather small and new players, it's very very very hard or impossible to accomplish all quests in time. I even sold and built lots of stuff just to meet the event-quest's needs several times, and I barely made it to the last quest now. And with only 10 hours left, I have to make 300 units while I can only do 20 per hour. Even if I buy lots of KP to research the next level barracks, upgrading the barracks would last over 4 hours, so I cannot solve this quest either way and have no chance of getting the event building.

I was a bit earlier and had 1 day to make the troops. i almost got it. And now the last hours with already 267 unit made the game gave me this for 3 times:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/only-1-unit-madein-stead-of-12.6072/#post-38963
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Elderflower

Once again I just sneaked in under the wire. I think this event, like the last one, should have more time allowed for completion. It is quite hard to get everything done in the given time. When it goes out to the wider world perhaps you could add two or three more days to the event.

SoggyShorts

I was a bit earlier and had 1 day to make the troops. i almost got it. And now the last hours with already 267 unit made the game gave me this for 3 times:

I get that every single time, but there is a work around burried DEEP in that thread-- click on any build that is NOT your barracks, wait a few seconds, and then your barracks should show the right troops instead of 1 unit.

DeletedUser

Thanks @Soggy Shorts But it is too late now. I didn't get the reward, because of that stupid bug.

DeletedUser

Sure it's just a false label display? If so, the 1 unit thing would just be a display error and not the real number you get. Picking up stuff is calculated on the server side, not by your browser, afaik. I get mixed up displays all the time (like houses showing goods and so on), which correct after hovering something else, but I don't bother as it's just a display thing.
But since the false troop numbers have been confirmed as an actual issue, that's something different I guess. Sure that "workaround" really works?

DeletedUser1713

The workaround works for me. I log in, no icon over the barracks even though there are 3 squads waiting collection. I just click on a house and then the swords icon appears over the barracks. I had this happen to me too yesterday during the last quest. With 12 hours to go I had 140 troops collected. I went to collect the 72 that cooked overnight only to see a 1 instead. I was livid but I contacted support and they go back within the hour with my 72 added to the 140 and a solution to refresh before collecting anything from barracks. They are aware of the problem and working on a fix. I got tent with about 3 hours to spare. I found out about the workaround in a thread in the bugs section I think.

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback so far. We have forwarded the feedback you gave us and would like to comment on a few particular issues :)

Too much quests about beverages / Too much "boring clicking"
We agree with you on this. At the moment we do have some problems though with our quest system (in particular the build & upgrade quests) and although we feel we have almost resolved these issues, we weren't in time with that for this event. Therefore we decided to change event quests around building and upgrading and play on the "safe side" here, rather than facing issues with upgrade quests not completing properly. For next events, this problem should not be there anymore.

Not being able to collect all units for the event quest, due to a bug
This is true, unfortunately and we strive to have this bug resolved before the event hits live, so at least the Live servers won't be affected by this.

Walters vs Walter's in spelling
We have made several textual changes for the next game versions on Live. Thank you for reporting this!

Scouting takes too long
This of course depends on your progress on the World Map. While starting players have a disadvantage in other quests, they have an advantage here, so we try to balance this as good as possible. Most Scouting quests also have an option to produce 2 Power of Provision spells, in cases Scouting really takes ages (because you might be a lot further on the World Map than would be "expected" at this point in the game, but that's a totally different subject which relates to the conversation we're already having in the thread about the New Battle System).

How should you get 17 relics?
Tournaments are a good solution for this quest and of course, if fighting becomes too hard, you can always negotiate your way through this quest.

Base rewards and quests on chapter
This would indeed be cool, but also very hard to achieve with our current systems, so for now this unfortunately is not realistic on our side.

A circus tent doesn't fit into my Elven town
This feedback has been forwarded and will be taken into account for future event rewards. Thank you for this!

Recently started players feel they have a disadvantage in this event
Could we please ask you to eleborate a bit more on this? As explained above, we tried to make a good balance in this event between advanced and less advanced players. Which quests in particular are making it very hard for you as a starter?

Once again: Thank you all for working together with us on this!

Deleted User - 60107

Recently started players feel they have a disadvantage in this event
Could we please ask you to eleborate a bit more on this? As explained above, we tried to make a good balance in this event between advanced and less advanced players. Which quests in particular are making it very hard for you as a starter?
First of all, let me say that I never finished this quest line because I got stuck on the "Produce 2 Power of Provision spells". Sorry, but as a (at the time) Chapter I player I have very little free space so I couldn't afford to build the Magic Academy. This wouldn't be such an issue if we could delete the Academy, but since we can't building it this early in the game would hurt me more than it would help me.

Because of the above I never got the quest that wanted me to train X units (can't remember the exact number), but honestly don't see how I could have completed that quest on time, considering how slow the level 3 Barracks are and how few units I can train in a single group. And let's not even mention the Barracks bug that results in just 1 unit getting trained.

The two quests that were a real problem were "Gain 17 Relics" (with the new squad sizes due to the new battle system that was quite a challenge, and negotiating wasn't an option due to limited resources) and the quest to gain 1000 Steel, Marble and Planks. As a new player I have just 2 low-level Steel Manufactories and very low boost (due to a low number of Steel Relics). What's more, at first I didn't even have a Trader (it takes a while to research and a 3x4 building is rather big this early in the game). So first I had to wait until I had some Steel and a Trader, and then had to rely on other people taking my trades (I kept trading small amounts of Marble for Planks and then Planks for Marble). By the time I finished this quest half the quest time was up, making it nearly impossible to finish on time.

Then there was the quest asking for 9-hour and 24-hour stuff. To speed it up I had to build 3 extra Steel Manufactories. Even so it took another day+ just for that one quest.

That's all the problems that come to mind right now. Since I didn't even want the Circus Tent (as others have mentioned it doesn't fit an elven city) I don't really care. Besides, here on Beta I will outgrow it before long, and it is quite big at a time when every little bit of land counts.

DeletedUser118

This would indeed be cool, but also very hard to achieve with our current systems, so for now this unfortunately is not realistic on our side.

So is it not possible to give players of different Chapters different Quests of the same questline? You should ask your workmates from The West how its done. They have something like that. I don't really see a big problem with this but of course I dunno what quest system you are using.

A circus tent doesn't fit into my Elven town
This feedback has been forwarded and will be taken into account for future event rewards. Thank you for this!

This is something very important! In other games of yours you unfortunately don't really care about such things so it would very much appreaciated if you do so at least in here.

Marindor

@shadowblack Thank you very much for your eleborate reply, that's very helpful! One question on this part:

"Gain 17 Relics" (with the new squad sizes due to the new battle system that was quite a challenge, and negotiating wasn't an option due to limited resources)

Negotiation costs and battle strengths should increase when you advance in game, so if you're an early player, they should also be far less than for advanced players. What exactly made the problem here for you?

Deleted User - 60107

Negotiation costs and battle strengths should increase when you advance in game, so if you're an early player, they should also be far less than for advanced players. What exactly made the problem here for you?
I'm afraid I don't remember the details any more, since I have already completed the encounters and there's no way to go back and check the costs or the enemy units. If I remember correctly I was low on some resources at the time so avoided negotiating.

One thing I do remember, related to the new battle system: The first 1 or 2 provinces can be completed easily with squads of 6 (the initial size). For the next 1 or 2 you should have the first squad size upgrade (so squads of 9). The next 3 or 4 require the second squad size upgrade (squads of 15). The next few until you reach a province count of 10, require the third squad size upgrade (final upgrade for Chapter I, giving you squads of 24). By the time I got to the quest for 17 Relics I was at the point where I was working towards squad size upgrade 3 (I had 7 or 8 completed provinces). At that time trying to fight with squads of 15 would be rather costly troops-wise. Maybe I was too cautious, but considering that I have only Light Melee and Light Ranged units, and Heavy Ranged (Steinlings and Canonneers) have bonuses against both, caution was necessary.

Another thing to remember is that Tournaments are unlocked near the end of Chapter II, so Provinces (and luck during neighbourly help) were my only sources of Relics. Personally I think Tournaments should be unlocked near the end of Chapter I and the Magic Academy near the end of Chapter II.

DeletedUser

Maybe you overlooked this: There already are certain triggers using a similar condition - in the generic (repeating/cycling) quests. E.g. we don't get generic Chapter 1 quests in Chapter 4, so somehow this is already there. Maybe by Mainhall-level, story progress or something else, but it's there. It doesn't have to be by Chapter, you could just use these same trigger conditions. :)