• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Wonky Walter's is in Town!

DeletedUser118

You could have used my thread instead and just rename it some. :p

DeletedUser607

well, I expect a new "hey, please scout a province" quest, and since they always happen right after starting a scout, I will hold that scout back for now ;-) (he's done in 1d 16h).

DeletedUser118

Check out the list they are making over at my Wonders thread. It seems you don't have to wait that long till you can get your scouting quest, Juni. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1513

Can some indicate if there is a quest to fight for a province, then I know that this quest line is impossible to finish.
Like the reward of the previous event that you could only win the 1st level and the 2 other levels were just a lie.

DeletedUser283

well, this is totally out of place : a mustachy guy with a top hat and a circus tent in an elven city ... ?
ok, we had dwarves in an elven city, and now orcs in an elven city, but at least we were still in the med/fan register...
now this ...... makes you wonder...
the culture building for a reward is ... not very suitable for the theme, but, ok quite nice indeed for its stats :)
and if there is a circus tent in town, do you think that .... orcs... red noses ... ?

DeletedUser1095

It really is out of place, but then, I don't have to build it, do I.
Could the moderating team please decide whether it's Walters (no apostrophe) or Walter's (with an apostrophe), please and thank you?
Is it supposed to be related to Willy Wonka, originally played by the recently-deceased Gene Wilder?

DeletedUser607

could anyone tell me what the culture bonus is at orc level?

2800 culture

regarding battle-system, essentially it's not so bad. the units still prefer slaying the same ones as before, making autobattle very predictable (everyone tries to kill the light melees first), yet the units are much cheaper and faster to build, thus the tournaments are cheaper to resolve.

CrazyWizard

well, this is totally out of place : a mustachy guy with a top hat and a circus tent in an elven city ... ?
ok, we had dwarves in an elven city, and now orcs in an elven city, but at least we were still in the med/fan register...
now this ...... makes you wonder...
the culture building for a reward is ... not very suitable for the theme, but, ok quite nice indeed for its stats :)
and if there is a circus tent in town, do you think that .... orcs... red noses ... ?

It's stats arent that great and with the new race already announced to be on it's way it becomes obsolete scarily fast :(

DeletedUser283

I don't really care actually ;)
no space to build it :p

might rot in the inventory for ever, after all ....

but orcs and red noses, that definitely interests me ... :cool:

DeletedUser

one of the quests requires you to win 17 relics... how are you supposed to get them if you can't fight?
by the time most ppl reach this quest they will be on the higher levels on tournament, that only give runes, or that they can't win anything, provinces are a dead stop right now, so how are you supposed to get 17 relics? And i bet there are more quests asking for relics later on in the questline...

DeletedUser607

one of the quests requires you to win 17 relics... how are you supposed to get them if you can't fight?
by the time most ppl reach this quest they will be on the higher levels on tournament, that only give runes, or that they can't win anything, provinces are a dead stop right now, so how are you supposed to get 17 relics? And i bet there are more quests asking for relics later on in the questline...

well, yes... do it old school with catering provinces ;-)

I have some advantage: I did not participate in this tournament, therefore the 4 and 6 relic fights (2 and 3 star) are still ahead. :) and the new fighting system is still somehow like the old one, don't think too much about advantages and disadvantages (just don't try to fight light units with mages), the units still act like before: means: let's smash the light melee units... a light melee unit acts as bait, and the heavy ranged ones are waiting for the foe.

ophion

Giving us this building in a city of Elvenar is almost as stupid as giving us a rocket ship. What is a circus tent doing in an elvish city?? It might look ok in a human city but it's totally out of place in an elvish one. As Urvalsandal said in his message above...One of the solstice buildings would have been far nicer than this!!

DeletedUser651

well, yes... do it old school with catering provinces ;-)

A lot of people are in the dwarven and fairy eras and those people can't cater provinces any more. They stopped that with the orc requirement.

And of course none of us can fight any more because they broke that system.

I am pretty sure the devs are pure sadists.

Last edited by a moderator: