• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

iDavis

@edeba you mean that format, in which is everyday enough to check daily prize, make like 5 clicks for completing quest and that's all? Really? Boring.. Tommorow begins that fun part of the event. ;)

DeletedUser2467

The main characters don't show up in HTML5 ,like in flash version
V8c6R2y.jpg
4RCZ7yE.jpg

edeba

Yes, I liked it. Working through the quests, and you have to check frequently to do that and there really is better things to do. I liked just having to do one task to get 150 tickets compared to what, 13 for the first 150... I didn't like having to make room for another workshop, level a stupid manufactury, and all kinds of dump repetitive stuff, for not enough tickets to do anything.

I was immersed in trying to understand "The Role of the Hypothalamus and Dorsal Vagal Complex in Gastrointestinal Function and Pathophysiology" and I came back 3 hours later to low supplies because of working on 25 stupid 5 minute manufacturies and just being otherwise too engaged to check.

150 tickets once a day in one questline is way, way, way better.

@edeba you mean that format, in which is everyday enough to check daily prize, make like 5 clicks for completing quest and that's all? Really? Boring.. Tommorow begins that fun part of the event. ;)

Jackluyt

Quest # 21. Solve 10 Encounters - reward 16 Tickets

OMG! This is a vicious one - and many players who have over-scouted may drop out of the Event here. This one should really have an alternative for those who don’t want to open another two provinces.

The ‘scout’ or ‘complete province’ quests are potential event-killers for those further into the game - unless there is an alternative.

edeba

Totally agree on that one. I can't complete any more provinces until I complete almost 3 more chapters. I was liking this event, and I am not liking it anymore.

OMG! This is a vicious one - and many players who have over-scouted may drop out of the Event here. This one should really have an alternative for those who don’t want to open another two provinces.

The ‘scout’ or ‘complete province’ quests are potential event-killers for those further into the game - unless there is an alternative.

DeletedUser2003

I also don't think that scouting and solving encounters should be mandatory quests in Events. These are activities that are game stage dependent, and for many, are either impossible to complete (example, those players needing orcs to negotiate provinces that are too difficult to fight, but are unable to produce them yet) or perhaps are not part of the current game strategy and may be a poor choice due to already being over-scouted and out of the GZ, and the player is trying to slow down and get back on track. Scouting and solving encounters should be personal choices made by players at any stage of their game, because it directly affects their game. Producing X amount of anything quests and/or collecting Y amount of Z, these may seem tedious and repetitious, but they still benefit the player and do not negatively impact a player's game. Over-scouting and over-solving encounters can negatively impact the game for some, and therefore, imho, should not be mandatory quests, and should be removed and replaced with other quests.

SUGGESTION:
If these quests are going to be part of an Event, they should

-have an "OR" option,
-have the option to decline to get beyond that quest to the next quest (new implementation of old idea/suggestion),
-allow tournament activity to count, with World Map Encounters having more value than Tournament Encounters, perhaps 1 WM Encounter = 1 Tournament Province (this would encourage Tournament participation, a win/win for the player AND their fellowship)
-not ask for so many Encounters to complete a quest...4 is plenty, especially if there will be more of these quests on the Event Agenda :oops:

DeletedUser2467

and then i just started to dislike this Event, the overall Event was great for me until I faced the 25 Bread quest, thinking "here we go the other Joy Killer Quests will follow after this..." :(

Karvest

For me - amount of quests like "Upgrade 4 buildings", "make some 1day production" etc bloating our cities with small manufactories and workshops is even worse. Especially when there are less than 2 weeks left for all of them. Don't think it's even possible to finish them all without huge preplanning (not possible without gamersgemsofknowledge) and scheduling productions for many quests ahead, which require even more bloating of the cities than previous events.

Last edited:

edeba

Making the encounter requirement tournament based is a very good idea. Anyway, I am at the 10 encounters and I can not get passed it.

I am so disappointed that this second questline was put in. This really went from something I WAS ENJOYING to another kill joy.

I think this is the 3rd event I've not been able to complete, either because of just not being able to get past, as right now, or requirement to screw with my choices in how I want to play the game.

TOTAL MISS on this one.

DeletedUser2467

Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
My chapter 3 account can't do that, haven't reach the necessary technologies (and won't in a short time). :(
Any alternatives please ? :rolleyes:

Yes please, give us the OR option :)
I just saw the quest list, imo it is doable except this one. And i think it is easier than previous events, i'd corrrected my previous remark and I'd say that I still like the Woodelvenstock, with challenges that seems doable.
I guess those quests are meant not to be done completely all 100, then it would be great if there's a decline button :D