• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

edeba

"Chore" it is. I am in disbelief about how they could take something that was such a refreshing change and turn it into more of game torture than fun.

Hi - I joined the forum to say how much I enjoyed the single quest line event. The 2nd quest line has now made this yet another chore type of activity, and now I'm dreading having it hit the other servers. There's no way I can complete it in my other cities - NO SPACE to build the endless numbers of T1 factories and workshops. Just really disappointed ...

Dony

King of Bugs
I wonder if this was done on purpose to prevent Wishing Well abuse....
If you are able to complete entire events with a chapter 1 or 2 city, then it is quite easy to make temporary cities on other servers for "wishing well farms" which feed diamonds to your main account.
it is possible to transfer diamonds from 1 server to another?

edeba

And maybe they've already done the upgrade...

It can be done, I'm in the Chapter III...

For Chapter I and II, it would be hard... though the event is helping in fast forward the progress, by following the quests (regular and event) actively, I guess they wouldn't arrive in the tech Superior Residence in Chapter III, maybe they can get to Superior Main Hall tech, but need almost 300 pops to upgrade the Main Hall.

DeletedUser1681

Maybe he means different gameworlds within a server. For example I had a city in one game world of international server, then started a city in another gameworld of that same server, purchased some diamonds which were visible in both of my cities which were in separate gameworlds.

SoggyShorts

Well past that!!!.......... And not enough population...
You are in Elementals chapter, but you have an apple field and 2 halfling farms. Couldn't you delete those farms to make room for a level 5->8 marble to complete that quest? It would only take a day, and then you could put your farms back if you wanted.
Sorry, no I meant world not server. I play on US 2&4, but I made a wishing well farm on US6&7. Those diamonds are all shared.

Jackluyt

Woodelvenstock Mayor Acts = upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher = reward 18 tickets..
This marks the end for me as it is impossible to upgrade at the stage I'm at!
I'm already at the end on live server and about to delete my account there because
of all those silly ideas Inno devs placing in this game!! This one will follow soon by the
looks of things!!!...:mad::eek:

You can start to planks building in the 'dead' space' at the end of a street - only need 2 x 1 for that. Then upgrade them to level 6.

Avenahar

Sequential Quest No. 38: "Upgrade one building to Level 14 or higher."
There should be an alternative quest for those who are too "small" to be able to fulfill this questt.

Jackluyt

Here a thumbnail of the new chest values:

36869201_10212052157759867_4209411976960409600_n.jpg

Here is a link to the original full size image: https://tinyurl.com/yd7u7kpd

You are welcome to use and share this!

Jackluyt

This table tells you how many Tickets you would have to spend, to have a statistically even chance of gaining the event item."

It also shows what is in each chest.

36841756_10212052866297580_5703061775553921024_n.jpg

Here is a link to the original full size image: https://tinyurl.com/ybs7523r

You are welcome to use and share this with your friends and fellowship!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2312

Only 1 of the 9 new Loot Crates gives a chance to win Tickets back. RNGesus Hear my prayers!
And this chest gives less tickets back on the long run and we get less tickets as rewards for the quests. On live it will be much more difficult to get all main price than on beta. But it was too easy on beta.

DeletedUser1901

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 1.09.53 AM.png Anyone have cool/neat/great/amazing setups for the Woodelvenstock Set? Specifically to get all the mana and divine seeds possible. My best configuration looks a bit like an upside down Texas, which is an awkward shape.
Edit: Forgot to add my picture. 0.o

Jackluyt

Conclusion (more to follow)

In my humble opinion:

1. All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
Rather build your city around strong high-level Ancient Wonders - which give permanent benefits.

2. The set buildings are glitzy gimmicks too, IMO.
They do not give enough benefits to justify the considerable disruption of your city architecture that you need to place them

3. The Wishing Wells produce an ungenerous trickle of Diamonds during their 100 day lifespan - the same as you could buy for the price of a burger and chips. The rest of their productions is feeble.
They are glitzy gimmicks - people hear the word 'Diamonds' - and then they stop thinking.

4. All I want from these Events is:
  • Knowledge Points that you can use to upgrade your Ancient Wonders
  • Instants of which you can never have enough
  • Military Buildings that I can place for 5 days to help my fellowship open 10 chests
5. All Event Quests should be constructive - so the Events are FUN to take part in!!

That's my opinion.

Quests that force you to build un-boosted buildings that you don't want, or break down buildings in a well planned city in order to rebuild them to fulfill a quest to upgrade to a level where you were already, and quests that force you to 'over-scout' - these are all No-No's in my book!!

The Puppet Machine and the Rotating Chests are great innovations - but they are spoiled by being coupled with a long list of boring and repetitious quests.

Last edited: