• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

DeletedUser2003

All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
I might agree with this if you had said some or many of the Event Buildings, Jack, but not all. I'm in Woodelves here on Beta and my best source of Mana is my beautiful but very sad, teary-eyed Weeping Willows. Well they were, until I got my Festival Merchant that gives more Mana in less time and uses 13 fewer squares to do it in. Only gives (me) 660 culture, but I'll take that trade off any day. To me, that is not a glitzy gimmick, and will definitely stay in my city longer than my Willows will.. :oops:

Loki Blue

I might agree with this if you had said some or many of the Event Buildings, Jack, but not all. I'm in Woodelves here on Beta and my best source of Mana is my beautiful but very sad, teary-eyed Weeping Willows. Well they were, until I got my Festival Merchant that gives more Mana in less time and uses 13 fewer squares to do it in. Only gives (me) 660 culture, but I'll take that trade off any day. To me, that is not a glitzy gimmick, and will definitely stay in my city longer than my Willows will.. :oops:

Agreed! Four of the prizes I've won so far are on my Permanent Collection list, the Techno Tent being one of them. I was thrilled to get the Festival Merchant. I won't lie...initially, I wanted it because the skull has sort of a Game of Thrones look to it. I'll keep it (for a while, anyway) for the magic dust I can never seem to have enough of. :p

Dony

King of Bugs
All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
maybe you just missed announcement about restoration spell, becasue else you wouldnt post this nonsese you just did
almost every event building has better value then building from research

2. The set buildings are glitzy gimmicks too, IMO.
They do not give enough benefits to justify the considerable disruption of your city architecture that you need to place them
4. All I want from these Events is:
  • Knowledge Points that you can use to upgrade your Ancient Wonders
maybe you just missed that every set gives KP which you actually value pretty high
3. The Wishing Wells produce an ungenerous trickle of Diamonds during their 100 day lifespan - the same as you could buy for the price of a burger and chips. The rest of their productions is feeble.
wishing wells are first and foremost meant for people who never bought any diamonds and want to play this game for free, they are happy for every free diamonds they can get, for players who buy 14k diamonds monthly will wishing well barely satisfy their needs

edeba

So now single quest, laid back event has horrible extra quest line added and the prize odds turned to crap... It feels like a total bait and switch for how it went from getting something really right to another dud.

Am I the only one who has different costs and rewards in event chests today? :confused:

edeba

Not happy with this event at all. Set buildings are horrible and I am not interested in them. They are the biggest pain in the butt in the game and even fully set-load the prizes aren't that great. They are awful and I can't even say for sure if they were a good idea implemented in a way to utterly trash the idea or the idea is simply bad. You can't lift these things to help you see behind them and there is nothing but those horrible, annoying pop-ups all the time from them. There is zero draw for me for anything to do with the set buildings.

I spend money on the game. I don't care at all about the wishing wells. The cost formula for actually buying and using tickets is so extreme, those wishing wells and like giving crumbs left over from an extravagant meal, which is the cost of the tickets. It is an utter pittance that they give compared to the number of diamonds it costs to get tickets, that are worth very little in terms of prizes.

The new line-up on the prizes in the boxes is awful. The ability to get more tickets was slaughtered, and at least going for those prizes lets you reset with a good chance of getting more ticket if you didn't like the other boxes. That doesn't exist now. When the prizes in the boxes are crap, and they more likely to be crap than not now, you have to waste tickets on trying for prizes in boxes that have nothing you want. I just did a bunch of spins wanting time instants. I finally got some around the 6th spin, but I got 4 useless coin/supply instants and I got more PoP to add to my massive inventories because I don't use these.

I made a huge mistake in that I purchase more diamonds for my live game in anticipation for it coming to live because I really liked it in beta, and I wouldn't have spent a dime on what we ended up with in live. Right now I am on the build 2 buildings to level 4 or 5, so yeah, burn your NH on builders for this horrible event.

Deleted User - 62044

i win the 5 building of the set, but i can fix them, the size is not the same of the help page, i don ' t have them full rewards,

Arayla

i win the 5 building of the set, but i can fix them, the size is not the same of the help page, i don ' t have them full rewards,
If you lay them out to match the help page, you will not get the full rewards. The Gamers Gems of Knowledge page https://elvengems.com/woodelvenstock/set-buildings/ has more info and a layout that will get you the full rewards on the Main Stage.

Deleted User - 62044

so is imposible to get the full rewards??? i don't undertand, I have the 5 parts, I have placed them as shown in the photo and nothing, how are they placed? can anybody help me?? Is the set a scam that promises what it can not produce ??? I have been cheated and I must eliminate it ???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser2312

The best layout of this set with 5 unique buildings has 1 building with 4 links, 2 buildings with 3 links and 2 building with 2 links.
You can use a layout like this http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/58ce91f7ff6b472ba051842412c69f26/
One of the building needs a street connection to the main building.

It is possible to have a layout where vip lounge has 4 links and all other buildings have 3 links. But this is not so useful imho.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5088935227d849208d51afd358195b9b/

DeletedUser594

Not happy with this event at all. Set buildings are horrible and I am not interested in them. They are the biggest pain in the butt in the game and even fully set-load the prizes aren't that great. They are awful and I can't even say for sure if they were a good idea implemented in a way to utterly trash the idea or the idea is simply bad. You can't lift these things to help you see behind them and there is nothing but those horrible, annoying pop-ups all the time from them. There is zero draw for me for anything to do with the set buildings.

I spend money on the game. I don't care at all about the wishing wells. The cost formula for actually buying and using tickets is so extreme, those wishing wells and like giving crumbs left over from an extravagant meal, which is the cost of the tickets. It is an utter pittance that they give compared to the number of diamonds it costs to get tickets, that are worth very little in terms of prizes.

The new line-up on the prizes in the boxes is awful. The ability to get more tickets was slaughtered, and at least going for those prizes lets you reset with a good chance of getting more ticket if you didn't like the other boxes. That doesn't exist now. When the prizes in the boxes are crap, and they more likely to be crap than not now, you have to waste tickets on trying for prizes in boxes that have nothing you want. I just did a bunch of spins wanting time instants. I finally got some around the 6th spin, but I got 4 useless coin/supply instants and I got more PoP to add to my massive inventories because I don't use these.

I made a huge mistake in that I purchase more diamonds for my live game in anticipation for it coming to live because I really liked it in beta, and I wouldn't have spent a dime on what we ended up with in live. Right now I am on the build 2 buildings to level 4 or 5, so yeah, burn your NH on builders for this horrible event.
Hi, been playing this game on live server a very long time and in the same situation and as I'm about to depart that game,
I received an offer of 100% extra if I buy diamonds! At the moment my game is on hold till end of July just in case the devs
come up with an update! It just doesn't make sense to continue and what would I spend those diamonds on anyhow!
When playing any game without having fun it's time to depart! Here on Beta I play without spending a dime!;):rolleyes:

DeletedUser2467

I still like the design of the event, but the reduced chances in gaining the daily prizes has ruined all the excitement.
It might be ok for a dozen easy jobs.But for more than a hundred quests it is too much for people to face small chances every day whenever they finished the hard work.
Double goo days are not so excited anymore. Once these kind of double days were the most waited time to enjoy the event. Now it's just the same as the rest.
And nine different chests became sooo uninterested and dull.
How come?

Seems that everywhere is the same: Good design always ruined by the question "how we can get the money from that"
But of course they have all the statistic about where the money are came from.

Btw don't we agree that different people like different things, or are we in another world?

2018-07-15_101214.jpg

-

edeba

This is just another reason why this set buildings are such garbage.

The pop-ups need to go. The resetting the time because you have to move them needs to go. It needs to just measure if you have the different parts or not to work. I would still think they suck even if they worked properly, and the current design was to make them work stupid which is improper. But at least they wouldn't be so extremely annoying to the point that I don't want them and I absolutely hate them.

so is imposible to get the full rewards??? i don't undertand, I have the 5 parts, I have placed them as shown in the photo and nothing, how are they placed? can anybody help me?? Is the set a scam that promises what it can not produce ??? I have been cheated and I must eliminate it ???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maillie

My issue with these events is that when I work for a prize I would like to get the prize. The fact that I only get a slim chance to get a decent prize keeps me from ever buying diamonds that come with tickets. When I pick out which chest I want to work toward I check to see which of the 'worst' prizes I would care to use the tickets for, because that's the prize I'm going to get from any chest. I have saved up tickets to try for the Merchants, it was useless.

DeletedUser1953

After the nerf of event's buildings, it seems that event becomes useless for people before woodenelve.
It takes 29 days, and the building that you have on the beginning becomes obsolete before the end if you change the chapter.
Badder, if you are <= V, the time between chapter is shorter than orc+, thus becomes obsolete faster !

The set's building is crappy too (not good as the current chapter).

The only choice is the military building if you are in < woodenelve chapter ? => crappy !
The worth of Wishing Well => 2.5 EUR (if the diamonds are not in promo).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2467

What is the reason behind the "Buy xxx Knowledge Point" quests?
About 5 times, 55 KP in total, and those in Daily Quest not counted yet.
I'm afraid I will not have the ability to buy even 1 KP any more after this.