• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

SoggyShorts

Don't forget that it's better to have residences over pop/cult hybrids due to unurium production in ch17+.
Ah yes, I did completely forget that, but since it's based on required culture and working pop, this is fairly negligible.
E.G. if you got 5 CCF(enough to replace a residence) it would only reduce your culture required by 0.6%
I don't know if that would be noticeable for unurium production.
And I personaly dislike pop/cult/mana hybrids (and any hybrids that gives little of everything - I prefer buildings with less number of stronger bonuses (easier to replace).
I get that. Personally, I have had great success just choosing the absolute best per square numbers and have gotten lucky with replacing them as needed.

CrazyWizard

Interesting view. And in the age of teleport (for those to-be-replaced residences) it might even be acceptable temporary solution to my Elementals city problem. I won’t be happy about it, as I strongly prefer single-purpose buildings to multi-purpose buildings, but the situation there is getting desperate in my eyes. And if I cross the last few technologies using mana from Dragon Abbey (and few PP spells), the CC Factory will have Amuni stats.

PS: My favorite mana building is Lava Egg. Decent output, 48 hours collection and early collect at 24 hours. Just perfect in my eyes. ;-)

I like burning pools more with a 12 hour early collect.
24-48h is a long time. and you'll always see your a little short and need it now.

Aeva

I like this event a lot.
You can take it easy because you have a whole month to finish.
You have al kinds of small prizes that are nice to have and use.
The daily prizes are very usefull, not all of them individualy but as a whole they are.
All quests are doable though not all of them are quick and/or easy.
You can skip a day of playing the event without consequenses (except you miss your daily reward).
You can leave your entire city as it is.
The graphics are amazing and I even like it more with the snow.
I don't see any reason why you can not have your owl at level 10 and I love the owl.
Perhaps some of it is a big ask for very small cities, but that is also the case with other elements of the game.
Looking forward to play this one live.

Lovec Krys

+ Some good pop/cult hybrids and pure cults
- Missing Mana/cult & Seed/cult hybrids
Can't realy comment the changes in the mechanics, since I'm still waiting for mana/cult hybrids to replace my 2 chapters old Burning Pools. Worst case scenario I spend all my event currency on last event day.

- The small "rewards": I still consider "rewards" such as 1KP and 1 relic as an insult not a reward.
- I still remember when 10KP was a small (side) reward and not a daily prize, the same goes for many other nerfed prizes, so this will be - for all events with nerfed rewards.

Owl coud be better, but at least It's not as bad as some previous ones. So if there is not decent daily mana/cult hybrid, I'll replace one of my 2 chapters old Burning Pool with an Owl until it gets replaced with new Burning Pools, when they come.
On live servers I still have some old sets with mana production, so I know how much the current main prizes are nerfed compared to the real main prizes.

Aeva

On live servers I still have some old sets with mana production,
I certainly will never give up the old carnavalset with the fountain. Still gives me 100K+ mana every day. I understand that, but I also know it did throw of balance T3 for more than a year. So I rather have al lot of small goodies in an event like this.

Aeva

@Aeva Goodies like 1 relic? Or you mean all those 2x1 building I use to solve the "get xxx fragments" quests?
I have no problem with 1 relic or 1kp or 1 2x1 building or a spell. Actually I would kill to get 1 gems relic in one of my cities, since I need them desperately in the MA and there are zero left since we played the FSA.
I look at those miniprizes like it's a big bag with candies, some are small but tasty others are big but awfull.
The daily prizes on the other hand should be worth a lot more. I guess they are, I find them usefull. Even if they are worth less then back then.

Last edited:

galrond

Here on my beta city most rewards are usefull. I guess even some of the small buildings could find their way to my city.
I´m not maxed in production boosts, so those relics are welcome too.
I can always find a use for KP, spells, troops, and coinrain/supply windfall.
The single rewards ain´t that impressive, but can come in handy due to the amount and diversity.
I don´t think, that my cities on live have much use for the small buildings and relics.
The "consumables" on the other hand, can be usefull to overcome minor "draughts" and/or "emergencies"
I don´t quite know what to think of the owl:
- low pop and culture
- not that attractive feeding effect
- fine supplies and goods production
- taking up a lot of space in a small city (4X4)

I think a lot of the quests alternatives have been hard on my small city.
I´ve had to use a lot of timeboosters to get anywhere.
But for once I think my beta city can earn enough tokens to fully upgrade an event building :D
So at the end of the day it´s not that impossible, as I myself and others have made it to be. But it´s not a free walk in the park either mind you ;)

Arthus

It's very interesting that elvenar doesn't allow Christian beliefs into the game (like Christmas Tree, Jesus Stable etc) but allows pagan beliefs like Witches, Saint Tree (May), Stonehenge and Valpurgies. Even Spring resurrection bunnies were replaced by "Phoenixes that lay eggs".

I wonder where the trend of erasing Christmas and portraying them as "Holidays" goes in 2021.
Big missed chance for evolving Christmas Tree or Angel or something connected to dominant european beliefs, please don't exclude anyone.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

It's very interesting that elvenar doesn't allow Christian beliefs into the game (like Christmas Tree, Jesus Stable etc) but allows pagan beliefs like Witches, Saint Tree (May), Stonehenge and Valpurgies. Even Spring resurrection bunnies were replaced by "Phoenixes that lay eggs".

I wonder where the trend of erasing Christmas and portraying them as "Holidays" goes in 2021.
Big missed chance for evolving Christmas Tree or Angel or something connected to dominant european beliefs, please don't exclude anyone.

We have seen plenty christmas trees in this game, also many of our holidays and events find there origen in christianity
Cristmas and easter are the obvious ones.

But yeah no obvious signs like the big 3 faiths like jesus, mohammed or judas and the like

FYI for hundreds of years these faiths have been killing eachother right up to this very day. and each of them participates to this kiling every single day. (yes all 3 of them)
Why would any company pick a side and display 1 of these characters in there fantasy worlds? why would they anger customers that way, there is no good reason

For the same reasons discussions about faiths are forbidden on the forums. the second we start these discussion people get fanatic about there own beliefs and it becomes one big battle. with people angering eachother.

So lets stop this conversation immediatly and leave any faith and complaints about it no matter which faith out of any discussion.

Arthus

I don't care about faith but the buildings could touch also slavic or nordic themes, not only celtic/german/pagan
Especially that we don't have guest race colonies unlike FOE which is a major bummer and everything seems 1 note

CrazyWizard

I also noticed that not a single in-game avatar is wearing a strainer on their head.
As a devout Pastafarian, I am outraged.

I modded your avatar, I hope you like it ;)
soggy2.png

Moonlady70

What a joke.

After Quest 15 got changed and a research was added

1606903178095.png

Quest 25 dont got an additional change

1606903240146.png

Mabe you giv us the chance to decline those quests when we dont want the keys or let us decline the event at start or when we want.