• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

tilka

Hi, Elvenar Players :) I would like to ask how many Winter Owl
can I get? I mean, hpw many Owl can I get altogeather? Thanks for your help!

Lovec Krys

@tilka One full (lv 10) + maybe a base for second (but you won't get artefacts to evolve second to lv 10, so the base is useless).
If you can and want to spend a lot of real money, you can get more than one to lv10 (not sure if they are limited or limited only by your wallet).

SoggyShorts

I prefer magic residences over everything else for population
It would be a pretty dumb company who released a F2P game where the premium options were 3rd or 4th best, so I'd expect everything to disappoint if comparing to the premium options. IIRC when I ran the numbers for your city earlier in this thread you had a handful of regular residences, did you not?
Still, if you prefer magic residences, that makes the value of population easy to figure out: 722 per square.

I'm not sure what you need coins for, so that's harder to value. I'm down to 2 magic residences and the rest hybrid with no coin issues.

You do bring up an interesting point with the thermal spring. Long-term I can see it making houses better as the formula would be coins=KP=AW levels. Of course space is a factor as is the tournament and spire penalty. It also messes with the per/sq value of population (but can never reduce it to zero)

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts My normal residences (and several magic ones) are currently in my inventory - I teleported a lot to make a space for the fleet.

I need coins for negotiating Spire. Especialy third floor can be very expensive (this friday Golem itself cost me 3 100% coin rains (and 3 100% supply))

SoggyShorts

My normal residences (and several magic ones) are currently in my inventory - I teleported a lot to make a space for the fleet.
And once you are done with the chapter and waiting for 18 to be released, you will choose to bring out those ~400 pop/sq residences rather than 900 per sq Goblins?
@SoggyShorts
I need coins for negotiating Spire. Especialy third floor can be very expensive (this friday Golem itself cost me 3 100% coin rains (and 3 100% supply))
Interesting... was fighting not an option? I had that stupid layout where I'm trapped behind the wall this week and had to manual fight it, but I only find that I need to do so once or twice a month, convincing is even rarer.

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts Yes, due to coins & points they provide (and Thermal Spring bonus (and in future chapters also unurium production, after we get T7+(they will probably consume it like T4-6 consume seeds)))). I no longer play with pop/cult hybrids, the only ones left in my city are evos and Libraries (and I have them for other reasons than pop they provide).
No, the first and third wave had an oposing bonuses, so without boosting buildings unfightable (at least on auto).

Back to the topic: Thx. to the new chapter, many players would need to significaly(= doubling, trippling) boost they mana production, so it's a shame that there are only pop/cult/mana hybrids with weak mana production and 1 Owl, neither of them can significaly boost mana production (and 1M+ upgrades ask for it).

ayvinul

Not a big fan of the daily quests.

Somehow, the final ones got leaked, and they are a bit large !

Lots of "research TWO technologies" or "gain THREE catalysts"

Those quests are downright punishing for low-level cities (especially 3 catalysts, with just 48 hours in between).

With my current academy, 3 catalysts clocks in at 45 hours... pretty close if you ask me.

I understand that the daily quest "lock" was set to avoid people rushing to the end of the event, but I really think it's a bit too inflexible.... How about unlocking the quests a few days early (say, 3 or 4 days) ? That way, people who want to rush will still have to go through the whole event, but having a bit of margin at the end would be cool.

also, the current lock system means that you have to play every day over the end of the event, instead of being able to plan ahead a wee little bit.

In its current form, the locking system for daily quests goes AGAINST everything that elvenar stands for, as a game.

cestbienmoi

Not a big fan of the daily quests.

Somehow, the final ones got leaked, and they are a bit large !

Lots of "research TWO technologies" or "gain THREE catalysts"

Those quests are downright punishing for low-level cities (especially 3 catalysts, with just 48 hours in between).
Research 2 tech is an deadend for most of advanced cities, it is an main advantage for small cities (<Dwarf), there is always an alternative for this quest.

There is only 1 quest with 3 catalysts (there are 2/3 with 2 catalysts). You can gain catalyst with the spire, you can use time boost if you are unlucky. Only for city Era I & II, it is time consuming, but most of cities in this case will be era III before the end of the event ! You can prepare the academy, in the past, we have production 1d & 2d.

SoggyShorts

also, the current lock system means that you have to play every day over the end of the event, instead of being able to plan ahead a wee little bit.
In its current form, the locking system for daily quests goes AGAINST everything that elvenar stands for, as a game.
LoL what?
Sorry but Elvenar is a F2P game that relies 100% on diamond sales which can only be purchased and used while players are online.
Encouraging players to be online every day if not multiple times per day is exactly what Elvenar stands for.

ayvinul

Research 2 tech is an deadend for most of advanced cities, it is an main advantage for small cities (<Dwarf), there is always an alternative for this quest.

There is only 1 quest with 3 catalysts (there are 2/3 with 2 catalysts). You can gain catalyst with the spire, you can use time boost if you are unlucky. Only for city Era I & II, it is time consuming, but most of cities in this case will be era III before the end of the event ! You can prepare the academy, in the past, we have production 1d & 2d.
not true, according to elvengems, which shows both daily quest 30 and daily quest 32 (th last one) to require 3 combining catalysts.... very close, considering there are only two days in-between.

and lucky we got spoiled about that! consider "preparing" for 3 catalysts "just in case".

ayvinul

Or just always keep a few timer instants in the bank.
which I obviously can do.... but using lots of timer instants for the event seems wasteful.
it should be possible to do the quests "naturally",just by playing and planning, without needing any boost.

with the daily lock, it's become way harder.

Enevhar Aldarion

Meh. Having a handful of challenging quests out of 95 over 30 days seems fine to me.

Except when it is the final day, maybe. According to the spoiler list, quest 95 will be for supplies and 3 CCs, with no alternative. Though that will only be a strain for people with MAs they have not bothered to level up. And people who only have a level 2 MA are probably not getting anywhere near to the end of all the quests on schedule.