• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

lika1961

Hated the shuffleboard mechanic last time - still hate it now.
The requirements for the quests are too high. Gain 20 Vision Vapour is ridiculous for the early stages of an event.
It seems like every event is now designed to make it as little fun as possible and dictate a certain style of playing. Have to do tournament, have to play in the Spire, have to use the MA to make things you don't want.
There now seems to be standard list of quests for whichever event is running, just arranged in a different sequence. Extremely boring!
I have finally lost my FOMO when it comes to playing the game at all.

Last edited:

Moonlady70

Last Event Quest 21 had no choice for the CC, this Event it starts at Quest 15

1605354080081.png

Thanks that im done with this event so early and my hope is that in 5 months Quests starts with CC only, so that i can ignore the complete Event.

Inno, it's time to let the players choose if they want to play an event or not, so give us the chance to decline events or let us decline parts of the event quests.

little bee

I really like the event sofar.

Pro:
  • We get a garanteed daily price for 400 keys (assuming maximal bad luck and complete incompetence with the tools). And with a bit of strategy and/or luck we can get a lot more.
  • I love the small non-daily buildings.
  • The last milestone is great.
  • The tools give more control than in may.
  • The reshuffle cost motivate us to go after diffrent daily prizes.

Con:
The Evo-building isen't worth using RR spells on.

Jackluyt

It would simplify things a lot if they changed ‘Spire Encounters’ or ‘Tournament Encounters’ to any Encounter.
I can’t see any particular advantage to having different kinds of Encounter - and there are two days after a Tournament / Spire ends when people who are dependent on these quests cannot play at all.
It would make the event more enjoyable for some players if they did not have to wait!!

PaNonymeB

They xo a complete overhaul of tournaments to rebalance between fighting and catering, and then they ask us to fight encounters in events... :confused:

CrazyWizard

It's indeed not completely balanced, but not as imbalanced as before. Especially in later provinces where battles can be very hard.

You said?
at best it's worse, not better.
Mana, big ork numbers? ect is better?

In the past I knew plenty of people only negotiating in the tournament, off course not for mega awesome results, but plenty enough for 8 or 10 provinces without even feeling it.

Karvest

And more than half of the quests done after less than 3 days. You would anyway stuck at "daily" quest soon, so why worry about waiting for one day now?

kkk3

what do you think about the quantity of keys per quest compared to the quantity of keys needed to obtain the evolutions?

PaNonymeB

You said?
at best it's worse, not better.
Mana, big ork numbers? ect is better?

In the past I knew plenty of people only negotiating in the tournament, off course not for mega awesome results, but plenty enough for 8 or 10 provinces without even feeling it.
They indeed strongly changed the goods needed to cater, which is bad for already established catering cities. But I don't think a full-catering strategy allowed better numbers before than now.
Anyway, they said one of the reasons why they made the changes was to reduce this imbalance. So back to my initial point, they are again contradictory.

satchmo33

This is one of the most beautiful events ever! Congratulations and thank you to the artists!!! I'm remembering a 'firebird' one also?

Enevhar Aldarion

So far, so good for my early chapter 8 city. I am on quest 39 right now, with minimal pre-planning and only minor peeks at the list Platinum Leaf is putting together. I did not get the first day daily, but I did not try hard for that one, more testing the system. I got one of the day two daily and one of the day three. I really hate the idea of wasting 45 keys just to shuffle, while getting nothing else for those keys. So unless a massively awesome daily prize comes along, I do not think I will be trying for more than one of a daily. Not unless they adjust the shuffle cost.

Deleted User - 90665

I am in this situation.. Can't fight encounter, and the owl would be my first pet (already have the pet food too).. Sad.. I was really looking forward to this Pet!!!

Edit: It's not including the Quote

1605177071162.png

Why fight? Why not solve encounter?
Some players might have everything dark red (unfightable) on map (not only because of overscouting!) or not enough army and no pet to use pet food.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

I am in this situation.. Can't fight encounter, and the owl would be my first pet (already have the pet food too).. Sad.. I was really looking forward to this Pet!!!

Edit: It's not including the Quote

1605177071162.png

Why fight? Why not solve encounter?
Some players might have everything dark red (unfightable) on map (not only because of overscouting!) or not enough army and no pet to use pet food.

same answer, place your pet in your city and use a pet food.
The pet does not have to be level 10, a level 1 works just fine