• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Walpurgis Night QLE

DeletedUser1163

Walpurgis Night, for those who don't know, is a special night on the 30th of April, where its been said, that on that night witches from everywhere are gathering around a mountain in Germany named "Brocken" to come together an celebrate.
I learned something new. Thank you. Inno's HQ is in Germany so they know all about the traditions and celebrations going on there. It sounds a lot like a day we go out and dress like spooky creatures, celebrities or gentle fairy folk, here in America. Anyone know what that day is called? Aye. Halloween!

Heymrdiedier

Is this questline a hint for the next guestrace? A guestrace with underworld as topic would be cool.
ive suggested to the mods once a guestrace of mole people, so all buildings look like piles of sand, might be easier on the graphics side. :)
Some adaptation came to that, and we ended up with sand worms instead. They were gonna patch that through as feedback.

So maybe some day, we get sand worms underground guestrace :)

DeletedUser1163

Be prepared Elvenar players who only have Very Hard provinces left to scout and not yet up to the Orcs chapter, you will come to an abrupt halt in this event when you get to Quest 36. Solve 7 Encounters. Where’s that very helpful word “OR”? We should have been given another choice. If I’m determined to finish this event, I will have no choice but to spend diamonds. Bummer!!

DeletedUser2320

Good evening @Marindor
Would you be able to provide this avatar in larger format?

upload_2018-4-19_18-0-17.png

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my English.

DeletedUser745

'twas a joke.

Besides, the sub-title of the questline is "The dark art and its troubles", so having a demon as occasional questgiver would be appropriate.

Sure, but a red-haired witch summoning a demon, that's so... well... clichee
It sounds a lot like a day we go out and dress like spooky creatures, celebrities or gentle fairy folk, here in America. Anyone know what that day is called? Aye. Halloween!

Not really. The main idea is more something like this

Loki Blue

Sure, but a red-haired witch summoning a demon, that's so... well... clichee

Cliché? Not where I'm from. Cliché is the ugly old crone, hunch-backed and nearly toothless, with a crooked, hooked nose. The evil Disney archetype I so loathe. I rather like this Witch...she could have been at Hogwarts. ;)

Calenmir

Be prepared Elvenar players who only have Very Hard provinces left to scout and not yet up to the Orcs chapter, you will come to an abrupt halt in this event when you get to Quest 36. Solve 7 Encounters. Where’s that very helpful word “OR”? We should have been given another choice. If I’m determined to finish this event, I will have no choice but to spend diamonds. Bummer!!
I need to agree and disagree - the agree part is that those, such as yourself, are in for a lot of expense to complete and that's going to suck big time, but the 'good' part (for others not yet in that predicament) is that the amount of encounters is low??? It could've ended up being like 20 - I KNOW that's no consolation, but the one big problem with these events was that in order to finish them (prior to now) you pretty much dug yourself into a giant hole by constant scouting and then clearing those provinces to meet the various quest demands - which was horrible if you were in between tournaments, so you had to get relics by clearing provinces then that was typically followed by another one asking to you solve encounters. Now, at least, it's a lower number needed. I know that doesn't make you feel better, but it does show a bit of understanding on the part of Inno that the quests were not only tedious and repetitive, but in the doing of them you were digging a hole that they warn you not to do because it takes you out of the goldilocks zone or caps you out completely.

DeletedUser745

Cliché? Not where I'm from. Cliché is the ugly old crone, hunch-backed and nearly toothless, with a crooked, hooked nose.

I'm not talking about her physical appearance, though I appreciate she looks more like the Halliwell sisters than an old crone; but rather the link "witch-demon". She could have summoned anything else: fairy, goblelin, elementals or even Hekate herself but why a demon? :(

Red hair=fire
Demon=fire
See where I'm going?

Loki Blue

I'm not talking about her physical appearance, though I appreciate she looks more like the Halliwell sisters than an old crone; but rather the link "witch-demon". She could have summoned anything else: fairy, goblelin, elementals or even Hekate herself but why a demon? :(

Red hair=fire
Demon=fire
See where I'm going?

Yes, around in a circle. ;) Fire is part of the Walpurgisnacht celebration, whether you're observing it as a Pagan, or as a Christian. You're asking me why the developers chose to have her summon (by accident, I believe it was) a demon; I can't give you that answer, only the developers can.

SoggyShorts

Be prepared Elvenar players who only have Very Hard provinces left to scout and not yet up to the Orcs chapter
This shouldn't be a problem for very many players. Most players don't take over a year to go from dwarves to chapter 8, especially if they have 10 extra expansions from overscouting.
veryhard.jpg

DeletedUser1163

I know that doesn't make you feel better, but it does show a bit of understanding on the part of Inno that the quests were not only tedious and repetitive, but in the doing of them you were digging a hole that they warn you not to do because it takes you out of the goldilocks zone or caps you out completely.
Yes, but how can you warn someone not to do something when you constantly had quests to solve a ridiculous amount of encounters in previous events. That caused many of us to reach the point where we now are faced with only Very Hard Provinces.

DeletedUser745

Fire is part of the Walpurgisnacht celebration, whether you're observing it as a Pagan, or as a Christian.

Though I have recieved a catholic education, I don't claim to belong to any religion or philosophy. I'm just studying the differents thoughts, beliefs and point of views. Indeed, fire is linked with Walpurgisnacht, but fire is not demoniac :)

Love the music. The dancing is very sexy and erotic. Definitely not like our Halloween.

Definitely not, indeed. You know, in ancient Egypt, before the rise of the monotheisms, preistess uses to perform rituels like this, mixing magic, seduction and some... special ingredients

Not now, but what we call Halloween was originally the Celtic holiday Samhain. Interestingly enough, Walpurgisnacht is celebrated at the same time as the Celtic holiday Beltane, the Festival of Fire.

If you read here, it is said at Samhain, the veil between our world and the other world become very thin, and though can be crossed. So Halloween is more or less using this concept, whether as celebration or as an exorcism rituel, even if I think more a celebration

Concerning Beltane, the concept seems to be quite the same than Walpurgis Nacht. And, in Forge Of Empires, the event building for the may festival is this. Very similar to the one in the video I posted huh?

Loki Blue

@Crendagord, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I didn't choose the player name "Loki Blue" just because I'm a fan of the Marvel characterization of him (or at least of Tom Hiddleston's portrayal). I didn't want to be rude before, which was why I responded to your initial post with humor. I have a greater understanding of these things than you may guess, but since you have no way of knowing that I am Pagan, and have been for most of my life, I don't take exception to your attempt to enlighten me. :)

I also play FOE, have for two and a half years. I have two of the May Pole...both the upgraded and original. I like it, it's a nice little decoration, though I had hoped it would go to 3x3 with the upgrade. :p

DeletedUser118

I have a question regarding quests 42, 43 and 44. Usually it starts with tier 1 3h, followed by 9h till it ends with 1d. This time it asked for 9h first and after that for 3h production. The next is 1d as usual. Is that really wanted?