• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7725] World Map not loading

DeletedUser1250

Before this update, I didn't have the problems I have now. I still don't have this on the dutch server, it is still good there.

Problem: Visiting the neighbours and fellows is slow, very slow and it crashes often.

The city loads fast enough. That isn't the problem. Giving the help works fine too. But then I want to return to the map and that is a pain. The game starts thinking and thinking and thinking, for about 20 seconds each time and then decides to load the map. Which is no problem either.
Or it goes completely wrong and the shockwave crashes.
I had about 1 crash a day in the dutch server, with more than 200 provences discovered, I didn't explain about one crash during the day. But now in the beta, it crashes a lot more.

The hardware acceleration is still ON, the city graphics are on low now, but it still keeps crashing.

DeletedUser778

I think world map loading became a little slower for me too, but not so extreme.
For me it crashed now 3 times after the update, before it was like 3 times in a week or so.

DeletedUser1247

Before this update, I didn't have the problems I have now. I still don't have this on the dutch server, it is still good there.

Problem: Visiting the neighbours and fellows is slow, very slow and it crashes often.

The city loads fast enough. That isn't the problem. Giving the help works fine too. But then I want to return to the map and that is a pain. The game starts thinking and thinking and thinking, for about 20 seconds each time and then decides to load the map. Which is no problem either.
Or it goes completely wrong and the shockwave crashes.
I had about 1 crash a day in the dutch server, with more than 200 provences discovered, I didn't explain about one crash during the day. But now in the beta, it crashes a lot more.

The hardware acceleration is still ON, the city graphics are on low now, but it still keeps crashing.
works for me up to clicking on globe after m/p then background/city turns grey and game freezes

DeletedUser1250

I turned off the Hardware acceleration. Problems with visiting neighbours are solved. Weird, because before I had problems when the HWA was off, now I have them when it is on.

DeletedUser31

Thank you for reporting this issue. It seems that not every player experience this issue. I tried several times to freeze the game, but it just didn't happen.
Could you please tell us what OS, CPU, GPU, RAM you use and tell us when it freezes with both HA turned on and off. We'll pass these informations to our development team so they can optimize the engine as much as possible.

DeletedUser1250

Windows 8.1
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 2.10 ghz
AMD Radeon (tm) R7 M260 and AMD Radeon (tm) 8610G
12 GB Ram

No freezes with HA OFF.
city graphics back to high, HA still off: no freezes.

Turning off the HA fixed many problems I had when it was ON:
- the freezing after visiting a neighbour and clicking on teh world map, before the world map starts to load
- the crashes of the shockwave flashplayer after visiting a few cities
- the glitches in my town after getting goods from the manufactories and trying to put on the 3h production of the manufactories (see LordB and more to the end of this post.)
- the freezing after clicking on the 3h production of the manufactories and again after the production menu disappears
- also can't reproduce the error with the trader anymore, where the recourses were exceeded and the game reloaded itself.

I have turned the HA ON and the long waiting for the worldmap started again. It doesn't take that long for the first cities, but the more I visit, the longer it takes. I went back to my city to turn on the workshops. Didn't go well, because the settings were still high.

workshops recourses.png

So the settings were set back to low, the game restarted. I started visiting cities again, after a few, the loading of the world map took again longer and longer to start. Then went back to my city to activate the production for the workshops.
I clicked on produce 1h, nothing happened for 15 seconds. Then the menu disappeared, it took another 13 seconds until the workshop started producing. Tried it again with the next workshop, now it took 21 seconds after I clicked on produce and then another 19 for the workshop to start. All the time I have to wait, I can't do anything else. the game is freezing.

To my huge surprise, the starting of the last production went fast, but then I got the glitch back.
glitch city.png

I noticed this before with collecting goods and turning on the production of the manufactories. It is slower than slow, until the glitch starts, then suddenly the manufactory seems to work fine, just like the workshops just did.

I realize this is not only about visiting neighbours anymore, perhaps change the subject? Or split this thread/post.

So I do not have these problems when the HA is OFF, I do have them when the HA is on.
Until the update, my HA was always on. never had a problem. The HA is still on on the dutch server, no problem there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31

Thank you. We will investigate and report these issues.

DeletedUser778

I just did my helping round in the neighbourhood and now I had to reload the game over a dozen times, because the world map loading bar gets stuck after visiting 1! - 10 Players.
No difference, if hwa on, or off...
Most of the time it gets stuck at this progress (twice it was at around 1/3)
yWiIudNBauoP.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

same problem like Anne65

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
GPU: Radeon R9 280 Driver: Crimson
RAM: 16 GB

Browser: Edge

DeletedUser1247

you cannot turn off hardware acceleration it comes back on automatically when you reload game after changing settings i find no difference in game play this is a coding problem not pc or internet issues i suppose nerfing the quests wasn t good enough to slow coin production so make visiting neighbors next to impossible was next step.... only way to visit without game freeze ups is to go home after each visit... and that is a royal pain

DeletedUser651

I7 5500U
Windows 10
8 mg of ram
Intel HD graphics

The map crashes if I just try to scroll from one end to the other. NH on the map makes it crash repeatedly. Finishing a quest made it crash. Looking at a province to see if I could win a battle made the game crash. Same problem with HA on or off.

DeletedUser1250

I have turned off the HA and when I reload the game, it is still off. Also after a restart of the computer, or the next day, it is still off. As soon as I turn it on again, everything goes wrong and I can hardly play then.

I have had the same problem as LordB, the world map loading bar stops at the point he describes, but I had it only once or twice a day. With HA off.

DeletedUser538

I tried it with HA off / HA on
After visiting a couple of neighbors the loading bar appears and halts...
Map doesn't update when moving around...
Refresh etc.etc. same prob over and over again :(

Sure hope this will be solved soon... finding a neighbor in my very green surroundings is already difficult enough ...

DeletedUser31

Thank you all. We'll investigate the issues and report them to our development team.

Are you still experiencing this in the current game version? I have visisted a number of people and it still loads for me. :)

DeletedUser1250

I turned the HA on again, because I noticed I am not having these problems in the dutch server. The city graphics are still on low. After visiting the first neighbour, I wanted to return to the world map and the loading stopped at 2/3. I have reloaded te game and tested a few. It seems slower than it should be, but no freezes yet. I will keep the HA on, collect goods, coins and visit neighbours and see if all goes well. If all goes well, I want to set the city graphics to medium and test again. To be continued later today...