• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7725] World Map not loading

DeletedUser1250

Test failed. I am so disappointed. I was really hopeful, because we had this update in the dutch server and the HA is there still on and I don't have problems there. I don't understand that at all. If it is the same update, then what is the difference?

So I decided to turn the HA here on again. The visiting of the first neighbours was not really a problem, it was slow, but no freezes yet. Then I tried to get the production from the workshops. It frooze. Then tried to turn on the 1h of the workshops. And it freezes again and again.

In about 1 hour I can visit everyone to help them, I will try it again with the HA on.

DeletedUser778

I too don't get it why the performance here is so bad, but it works fine on the other servers...

What is the difference between
Beta 0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35)
and
de3 0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35)

I feared the update on de3, because of all the problems I have here with stuck loadings, lag, graphic bugs etc.,
but everything is fine on de3, even with HA on...
I was really exited and turned HA also here on again, but I was immediately experiencing lag while collecting coins...
Also the stuck world map loading bar i got here (with 0.30), I am not experiencing on de3 ?!?!

Do the version numbers only look the same, but are still different?
Or is it something else, like you use bad server hardware for beta compared to the live servers?

DeletedUser1250

Well, that was it for now. I am sorry to say this, wish I had better news. My first posts are still correct, no improvement or change.
I have turned the HA ON and visited 10 fellows without a problem. Then started to visit the neighbours. The first: no problem. The second, takes a little bit longer. The third, it takes longer. Then I started to count. Every neighbour I visit takes about 2 seconds or more longer. The visiting is no problem, but the returning to the world map is the problem. When I click on the world map, it freezes and the freeze lasts longer and longer before finally the world map starts to load.
Collecting goods or coins with the HA on is still hard and trying to turn on the production gives big freezes. City graphics were on low all the time.

I am willing to test more, but this way, with the HA on it is not playable. With the HA OFF it is, no big problems at all.

Edit: btw: the other duplicate threads are NOT exactly the same problem, but maybe part of it? I do sometimes have a world map that is stuck during the loading too, also with HA off. In the duplicate threads, the loading of the world map hangs, or is stuck at about 3/4 or something. The freezing in my posts however are BEFORE the world map starts to load. So you visit a city, click on the world map and nothing happens. After the freeze, the world map starts to load and then it normally doesn't stop, freeze or hang. So the freeze I am talking about is after clicking on the world map button while visiting a city, before the world map starts loading. Like I didn't click on the world map at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I am playing on two servers: here and the US server. With HA off on here, the game runs much more smoothly for me. It is fairly fast and smooth. With HA on, the game gets slower and slower as I play and if I visit neighbors and go back and forth to the map it freezes badly. Then, last night, with HA on or off it didn't matter. Visiting neighbors in the world just kept crashing the game.

On the US server, no matter what I do, the game is sluggish and barely functions. I can't collect coins, I can't do anything. The functionality over there is very poor.

DeletedUser778

What is this?!?!
Last province I could fight/negotiate without problems (3 days ago)
Now I have to reload the game every time I want to go back to the province, after I fought/surrendered an encounter, because the loading bar gets stuck...:mad:

DeletedUser651

I just checked it out too. I fought and won and the game froze trying to get back to the province. I am playing on Chrome. Then went back to the map and visited a few neighbors and the game froze again.

This issue should now be fixed. Please let us know if that is not the case, preferably with reproduction steps or with information on what you were doing before it happened at the least. :)

DeletedUser778

Visited my fellowship
Visited 6 neighbours
Loading world map got stuck

Jixel

Happening after every encounter that I fight (negotiate seems to work ok, though).

Game version: 0.31.2622-v0.31-rc2-(staging) (2015-12-09 14:41)
Game world: zz1 (Beta1)
Browser + version: Firefox (42.0)
Flash Player version: 19.0.0.245
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Screen resolution: 1280x1024
Account name: Jixel
Humans or Elves: Human
Hardware Acceleration: I've tried with both Off and On.

Reproducibility: 4/5 to 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: n/a (if applicable)

Current situation:
After completing encounters by fighting, the game gets stuck loading while trying to return to the province. Negotiation works fine.
The only resolution is to restart the browser and reload the game.

Expected situation:
Should return to the province.

Reproduction Steps
Fight an encounter.

But @jixel, if you load the world map itself, it works fine? So, just a province that's not loading, not the world map? Would be good to differentiate between those two. :)

Jixel

@Muf-Muf - yes, my issue is on the return to province - thought it was clear from the bug details :)
I'm posting it here because the separate thread that was discussing the return-to-province-after-a-fight issue got closed as a duplicate and redirected to this one !
If you wanted the issues kept distinct, maybe the other thread should be reopened :)

But @jixel, if you load the world map itself, it works fine? So, just a province that's not loading, not the world map? Would be good to differentiate between those two. :)

Brummbaer

Additional information,
the problem only appears in the southwest region of my part of the world map.

DeletedUser

I still have three kinds of issues, and whether hardware acceleration is on or off doesn't seem to matter.

Kind #1 : I click on the map button, then the progress bar shows up, it progresses, and then stops at about 80%. If I wait, nothing changes, and the game is frozen, I can't go back.

Kind #2 : I click on the map button, then the progress bar shows up, it progresses and completes, then the map loads, but the players names are not shown and several hexagons are blue. I can't visit a city, but I can scroll, and the game is not frozen, I can go back.

Kind #3 : I click on the map button, then the progress bar shows up, it progresses and completes, then the map loads correctly. I scroll the map, then all the players names disappear and the new hexagons are blue. I can't visit a city, but I still can scroll, and the game is not frozen, I can go back.

When visiting neighbors, either issue can happen as soon as the first visit, as well as the fifth if I'm lucky. It even happens after having visited no city at all.
Done on a decent 1 year old laptop running Window 8.1 up to date, using Firefox last version, and no other application was running.

Edit : the title of the discussion is "World map not loading", so I think I'm in the right place, and what I describe has nothing to do with a city not loading.

DeletedUser

Additional information,
the problem only appears in the southwest region of my part of the world map.

Same here, and the same with all that have problems with the map in my fellowship, south and west on the map is where its happening, in this area of the map it wount load most of the time, and when you finally get into one of the towns in this area, the game freeze when u try to leave that city and go to the map again, north and east has no issues at all.

Those og you that have problems with the map loading and freezing, plz check if its the same areas you have problems in, it might help the dev´s in finding the problem.

DeletedUser

I can't find any relation with a specific geographic zone or direction.
But I've just found an easy way to make the kind #3 problem appear : just scroll, and be patient. I frequently move aound the frontier between discovered and undiscovered to choose a place to be scouted. So this is just a circular scrolling-only activity. In general, the bug appears after two circles or so. Hope it can help.

DeletedUser1247

no change whatsoever game freezes after visiting when going back to world map, you need to go home then back to world map after every visit. also the map is broken a large swath of blue/gray when pulling map to the right ( finding neighbors left of your city) and neighbors cities names also disappear this dont happen all the time maybe 50% of the time