• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Karvest

Again, if they would revert 4=>1 encounters per province part of tournament changes, but leave all other changes intact, your losses would be the same. The only difference - you would spend x4 more time.

DeletedUser3289

Again, if they would revert 4=>1 encounters per province part of tournament changes, but leave all other changes intact, your losses would be the same. The only difference - you would spend x4 more time.
All others are not intact between the two systems. Right? Let’s not dance around semantics please.

I mean the newer system has different difficulty scaling (“difficulty scaling as defined by Dony’s initial post” : leading to different losses)

Only information I’m interested is :
Are those battles at 250% opponents unwinnable on auto ( this would defeat the purpose of mobile platform)

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

If they revert all other changes, but leave 1 encounter per province - your losses would be the same as in old system.
That particular change has no effect on tournament difficulty, losses and score. You should blame other changes.

DeletedUser3289

If they revert all other changes, but leave 1 encounter per province - your losses would be the same as in old system.
That particular change has no effect on tournament difficulty, losses and score. You should blame other changes.
Yep. I welcome that “particular” change (and not others). Glad we finally understand each other.

DeletedUser3289

[QUOTE="HolyElf, post: 88420, member: 3289" Only information I’m interested is :
Are those battles at 250% opponents unwinnable on auto ( this would defeat the purpose of mobile platform)
[/QUOTE]
I’m just interested if any of you faced defeats. And too many of them that progress was absolutely stymied .
(Or wins but too many losses )
And at what point :- meaning at what opponent %
Thanks in advance

PS : I’m just trying to get a feel of what to expect before it hits live

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard If I am to believe the most negative scenario I doubt I can go beyond 1600-2000 points. What is the fun in that? Then I don't think I will stay very long either.
you aren't big enough "yet" to fall into mount doom ;)
So you are probebly fine.
As long as you do not grow beyond a certain size you would most likely be able to keep doing 3-5K scores.
We differer as I have 24 more expansions (123 vs 147) and 506 more wonderlevels (267 vs 773)

The main issue is that while we are both in the same chapters I would be hit like a 3-4x SS and negotiation cost of your live town.
And it doesnt end there.
I am not also loosing large numbers of units while our basic unit productions are similar (lvl 29 needles vs level 32 needles/lvl 35 flying for example)
I also need to keep huge stocks of units in reserve just to be able to fight an encounter

For example if the SS is regular SS units you need 50 units tot start that battle (5*10) I need 200 units to be allowed to do the same battle.
We both loose 10% of our units so you loose 5 units, I loose 20 units.

It is not that my barracks produces 3-4 times the amount of units I produce just because "I am bigger"
and it's not that my units survive much more because my martial monestary gives my units 10% more HP that yours.

It's a shame this group is focussed on those that ignore the tournaments anyway, I doubt that this group will start to get interested more than they already do by this update.

Jaxom

True. But under the 4 encounter system I could choose to cater 1 or 2 bad matchups and fight the others. Now I cannot.

So without changes to make things easier, I expect to be able to fight the first 15 or 16 provinces each week, without boosts, and only go further if the enemy troops provide a favorable matchup. In each subsequent round I do one less province. I get about 3600 points.

So I sit down with my fellowship each week and we each determine how far we can get and who will be available on a given week. If the numbers add up we try for 10 chests. If not we go our separate ways and do however much we choose. We should get 6 chests, maybe more.

I try to save up diamonds from the spire and use those to upgrade magic residences. I don't plan on using blueprints gained from occasional 10-chest pushes anymore.

Far less time and pressure than doing 5 rounds on 40 provinces to make sure the team got 10 chests. Maybe I will enjoy this change since I was never playing this game for ranking or as a competition.

edeba

I am looking more closely @MinMax Gamer's tournment calculator and I am finding looking at the extremes of the numbers that come up, from a city with no enhancements to a city with max enhancements, and I am in disbelief that inno even considered putting this forward. There is no excuse for it. The difference is starting squad size is 5 fold difference.

There is absolutely no excuse for not seeing how punitive this is against players and even considering releasing it and creating such an extremely level of cognitive dissonance in players, and predominately players that keep you in business.

I also looked at it with my suggestion about giving one free expansion per chapter and reducing the multiplier for the rest from 0.75 to 0.5, and only counting AW levels above the chapter the person is in and this suggest still results in a 3-fold difference in the extremes in squad size, which is still highly punitive.

Aeva

So @CrazyWizard if I understand what you are saying: you are screwed because you bought 23 premium expansions and I did not ánd you upgraded every AW you could lay your hands on and I was picky ?

DeletedUser3289

I am looking more closely @MinMax Gamer's tournment calculator and I am finding looking at the extremes of the numbers that come up, from a city with no enhancements to a city with max enhancements, and I am in disbelief that inno even considered putting this forward. There is no excuse for it. The difference is starting squad size is 5 fold difference.

There is absolutely no excuse for not seeing how punitive this is against players and even considering releasing it and creating such an extremely level of cognitive dissonance in players, and predominately players that keep you in business.

I also looked at it with my suggestion about giving one free expansion per chapter and reducing the multiplier for the rest from 0.75 to 0.5, and only counting AW levels above the chapter the person is in and this suggest still results in a 3-fold difference in the extremes in squad size, which is still highly punitive.
Thanks for being quantitative and not just presenting likes and dislikes.

DeletedUser3314

...progression (so either leveling wonders, placing expansions, researching technologies etc) always gives you more benefit than the influence they have on the difficulty of the tournaments...
Please point out to us what those "benefits" are when starting squad size is 5 fold ??? o_O No "benefits" are worth that much trouble in the tourny. :confused:

galrond

One of the concerns I have is, that realatively "easy" battles will become more scarse :eek:
Here I´m not thinking about the difficulty becomming greater as you progress, that is part of the design.
The parameter I´m thinking about is: always 5 enemy squads.
This will make it more unlikely, that I can release my HM on HR and LM, without being pelted with arrows from LR. It might not impere me from victory, but will make my loses bigger.
On live I get to use most of my troop types every week, due to the big diversity in enemy troop formations, even if they only use 3 enemy troop types. Ofc. one trooptype does the heavy lifting. I don´t want to estimate %, as well as I don´t want guess % of catering. But still it occurs, that battles are winnable with another troop formation.
I only use autocombat. Imo "life´s too short for manual combat".
I´m not jealous, that ppl using manual combat are able to go further. They do deserve something for their work ;)

My beta town is far to small to encounter this problem, so I´m pretty much guessing.
I remember only one comment earlier in the tread, that said something about enemy troop formations. I got from it:
- there could not be identical troops
- max 3 of one type
Is this correct?

Deleted User - 88552

I for one am glad the 15k tourney scores will stop but disappointed these changes make it to live on Tuesday without more testing.